Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2019 5:08:19 AM EDT
Any body been to US defense solutions, just saw their ads on armlist ?

I used to be a faithfull elmores customer for over 20+ years.

But now that the son Jason has taken over it what a waste of time going in there.

All it seems like he wants to do is suck money out of the business and spend it like a big shot and play golf and worry about what they are getting for lunch.

I figure it will close permanently in the next year or so
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 8:13:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, they're a fine shop! Bradis used to be pretty solid too in Camby but i haven't been there for a year or so.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 9:48:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Go ahead and put me as a thumbs down for USDS.  Won't set foot again.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 12:17:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm gonna give them a look, might as well hit Bradis while I am down there
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 12:18:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Please explain?
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 12:51:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Please explain WHAT?
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 11:31:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Go ahead and put me as a thumbs down for USDS.  Won't set foot again.
View Quote
I would like to know more.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 2:15:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I would like to know more.
View Quote
I didn't appreciate being sold used merchandise at above new retail price. I took it up with ownership the next day and I was told"tough shit".

If you'd prefer to throw "buyer beware" in my face, that's fine.... But impulse buying in a shop you thought you could trust shouldn't carry a fee.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 1:40:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I didn't appreciate being sold used merchandise at above new retail price. I took it up with ownership the next day and I was told"tough shit".

If you'd prefer to throw "buyer beware" in my face, that's fine.... But impulse buying in a shop you thought you could trust shouldn't carry a fee.
View Quote
Interesting. I've had a couple really positive experiences with them, but ymmv.

I agree in regards to Elmore's.

I like USDS, Bradis is alright, really like Beech Grove Firearms.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 8:18:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Can you be more specific please?  What was the firearm and how long ago did this occur?  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 8:28:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Another thumbs up for US Defense Solutions.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 8:09:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Only bought 1 from USDS, no problems; and I agree about Elmore's.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 7:06:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Not a fan of Elmore's but USDS has always treated well
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 10:10:17 AM EDT
[#13]
I used to buy 90% of my stuff from elmore's.

Just another example of giving your kid a thriving business and them pissing it away and having nothing.
Good luck when he tries to work for someone else with that work ethic.
Maybe he can get a job at the golf course since he likes it better than making money, grass always has to be mowed
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 8:55:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I used to buy 90% of my stuff from elmore's.

Just another example of giving your kid a thriving business and them pissing it away and having nothing.
Good luck when he tries to work for someone else with that work ethic.
Maybe he can get a job at the golf course since he likes it better than making money, grass always has to be mowed
View Quote
I hate to think how many I have bought from Russ; the old adage of first generation builds it, second maintains it, third destroys it isn't playing out here. Second generation is going straight for destruction
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 12:03:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I hate to think how many I have bought from Russ; the old adage of first generation builds it, second maintains it, third destroys it isn't playing out here. Second generation is going straight for destruction
View Quote
And he is getting every nickel out of it, the store looks bare. But he always has a new truck and the latest gun do dad to play with and not sell. All that square feet in the store could be making money instead of being a burden. And what exactly does John do besides get lunch, grumble, put the trash out and practice putting with Jason ?
Link Posted: 5/22/2019 10:34:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Wow.  That sucks to hear about Elmore's.  I haven't been there in some time, but Jason always treated me well.
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 4:43:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Never had trouble out of USDS.  Always polite and have everything i always need !
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 12:40:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Does USDS carry any affordable range ammunition?  I see from their website that their gun prices are a bit higher than others
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top