Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2005 8:39:25 AM EDT
If anyone is interested and lives close to or in Indy,Bradis gun shop has several 500rnd cases of xm193 (NOT pd) in stock. They were $125.00 per500. the address is 6939 Kentucky Ave. camby IN 46113

Phone: (317) 856-8880

I almost forgot.They also have a shelf full of the WWB that is Israeli made.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:03:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh so tagged. . .
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:47:11 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If anyone is interested and lives close to or in Indy,Bradis gun shop has several 500rnd cases of xm193 (NOT pd) in stock. They were $125.00 per500. the address is 6939 Kentucky Ave. camby IN 46113

What is PD?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:59:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What is PD?

It is the ammo that is loose in one big package. It must be rejects, as I've never seen a glowing report of the PD stuff.

Also, a little birdie told me about the XM193 being in stock at Bradis Gun Shop during our recent dove hunt (since it is the only brand of ammo I shoot), but I can't swing the cash right now.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:36:36 PM EDT
[#4]
How much for the WWB?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:49:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What is PD?

It is the ammo that is loose in one big package. It must be rejects, as I've never seen a glowing report of the PD stuff.

Any negative reports?  I was not aware they were rejects.  I always buy them from ammoman and have had no malfunctions whatsoever.  I feel more than comfortable using them for self-defense.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:23:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Also, a little birdie told me about the XM193 being in stock at Bradis Gun Shop during our recent dove hunt

Chirp.

I'll see this w/e how much of this stuff we have left, and will report back to the group. Be advised that this weekend is WINCHESTER DAYS at Bradis. If you're looking for Q3131A, it and all other Winchester ammo will be on sale.

That is all.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:27:34 AM EDT
[#7]
How late are you open on Saturday, Mark?

$250 per 1K of XM193 is too salty for me, but if you have a better deal on Q3131A, it will be worth the trip.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:23:13 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is PD?

The way it was told to me was there are three(3) grades of ammo....grade 1,2 and 3
All the grade 1 stuff goes to the government.That leaves us with the  grade 2 and 3.Grade 2 is packed in boxes and may have very minor defects.Grade three is packed loose and MAY have minor and some major defects such as badly dented cases,bullets seated too far,bullets seated not far enough.........yadda yadda yadda.If you buy PD please look at every round before you shoot it just in case you might get a defective rnd.

I can't remember for sure the price on the WWB but I think it was just under $20 a box.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:35:23 AM EDT
[#9]
WWB is $24/100.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:11:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Also, a little birdie told me about the XM193 being in stock at Bradis Gun Shop during our recent dove hunt

Chirp.

squawk!

I am sitting here looking at my bonus check.  I forgot about the winchester sale.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:54:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
What is PD?

Any negative reports?  I was not aware they were rejects.  I always buy them from ammoman and have had no malfunctions whatsoever.  I feel more than comfortable using them for self-defense.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=241144
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:06:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Just an update, guys. The Winchester stuff we have is Israeli-made, but is NOT marked Q3131A.  I am told this is SAAMI spec rather than mil-spec ammo. We do still have plenty of the Federal XM193 on hand, which IS loaded to mil-spec velocities. Sorry for the confusion!

The Winchester sale technically ended today, but I think we'll probably honor the sale prices through tomorrow (Sunday) if you twist my arm a little. We moved about half of what we ordered for the sale. It was a good couple days.

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:25:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Just an update, guys. The Winchester stuff we have is Israeli-made, but is NOT marked Q3131A.  I am told this is SAAMI spec rather than mil-spec ammo. We do still have plenty of the Federal XM193 on hand, which IS loaded to mil-spec velocities. Sorry for the confusion!

It shoots good, though!
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:47:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
What is PD?

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=241144

Thanks for the thread; great info.  I was convinced that PD would work just fine - thinking the only reason for it being rejected is military being overcautious (as they should) - until I read this following post:

Quoted:
PD means Propellent Deficient it's the only varible in the make up of the loaded round! They are rejected by weight by an automatic machine, which causes the dents and dings and bent cases. Weigh some and you will find they are all different, maybe not enough to cause a malfuntion but enough to be rejected. Imagine facing a foe in combat and getting a squib load with the projectile getting stuck in the barrel. Not Good!

I thought it was odd that this came from a user with only two posts and no one tried to rebuke it, not even Troy.  
I went to the range again yesterday, and still zero problems with PD.  However, I will try weighing the cartridges as the above post suggests.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:43:03 AM EDT
[#15]
I stopped by there on Saturday with my dad and finally got to meet Shooter521 at the store.  They were pretty busy so didn't get to talk much.

We bought a few boxes of Win. Ranger 00 Buck for $8.99/25 and 500 of the XM193 for $125+tax.  We only had time to shoot one box (20 rounds) of the XM193 this weekend but it worked fine and it is the regular boxed stuff.  

The Win. USA was boxed like Q3131A but was the USA223R1(?) and marked ".223 Rem" instead of "5.56mm".  I've seen the same stuff at other stores (usually where they used to have Q3131A, so I hope the mil-spec stuff is still available).  I believe it's the same load as the 40-round boxes Wal-Mart used to have and 50-round boxes Galyan's used to have.  I haven't tried any in the 20-round boxes, but the 40s and 50s worked well for me.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:34:16 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I stopped by there on Saturday with my dad and finally got to meet Shooter521 at the store.  They were pretty busy so didn't get to talk much.

I'm horrible with faces and names, but I remembered you from the dinner in Lebanon after the DETC armorer's course earlier this year.  I was pretty pleased with myself!  And yeah, we were pretty slammed when you came in; we moved about 150 cases of ammo over those 3 days.  Hopefully we'll have  time to chat next time you stop in; early on Saturday and either early or late on Sunday is usually slower.

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:01:49 AM EDT
[#17]

I'm horrible with faces and names, but I remembered you from the dinner in Lebanon after the DETC armorer's course earlier this year. I was pretty pleased with myself!  

That's where I recognized you from.  The AR15.com shirt was a nice double check though.  (That's how I figured out who Gungho_1989 was at the 1500 too.  As soon as they get the pocket-Ts in I'll have to get one...)

And yeah, we were pretty slammed when you came in

I usually stop in on my lunch break during the week because it's closer to my office than home, but I did stop in on a weekend one time when you were supposed to be working.  I asked the lady by the cash register if you were there and she said she sent you home because it was slow and then when I was there it was busy.  So you can thank me for the crowd.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top