Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2005 9:26:57 PM EDT
Looking for a gunsmith to do 1911 work in the Terre Haute area. I live in Robinson, IL.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:48:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Afraid I can't help you there.  There is a notorius lack a good smiths in the area.  Or at least none that I know about.  

Had to take my Kimber to Evansville to get it smithed.

Good luck...please update if you find someone good.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:23:40 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Looking for a gunsmith to do 1911 work in the Terre Haute area. I live in Robinson, IL.

Darrell StoneBreaker at Darrell's Custom Guns in Cayuga, about 45 minutes to an hour North of T.H. if he's still there!

P.S.  Where at in Robinson?  Those are my old stomping grounds!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:04:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Evansville is not that far, what shop?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:40:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Tri-State out on Loyd's expressway.  I still had  a business card from them and called this morning.  Said the number was disconnected...not sure if they are still in business?

I forgot about Darrell's in Cayuga.  Stand up guy and easy to work with.  Former IPSC tournament shooter.  I'd say he'd be a good bet for your  1911.  I'd call and ask to speak to him.

Let us know how it turns out for you.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:53:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I've had Darrel do some work for me (not 1911) and it was fine work.  The AR barrel turn down took a long time, but the AR trigger work only about a week, and the revolver work was while I waited.  Be sure to ask him about the turn around time if you're in a hurry to get it back though.
Darrels Custom Firearms,  765-492-3939
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:02:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:18:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Darrel is THE BEST if he has time to do your work and/or you can wait for it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top