Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2005 10:47:44 AM EDT
I can't believe nobody has brought this up. The Bloomington paper has had a couple of stories lately about a cougar being sighted in the area. Anyone up for a hunt?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:36:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Is that cougar as Cat or musician, I couldn't resist.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 1:31:18 PM EDT
[#2]
We're surrounded!

I live in Lawrence County, and they've caught and put radio collars on 43 bobcats near my home. Then there was the black bear sightings in Owen and Jackson Counties. Now you're saying that a mountain lion has been sighted as well? I may have to break out my bow...
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:13:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Fixed if for ya!  

Quoted:
We're surrounded!

I live in Lawrence County, and they've caught and put radio collars on 43 bobcats near my home. Then there was the black bear sightings in Owen and Jackson Counties. Now you're saying that a mountain lion has been sighted as well? I may have to break out my bow 12 gauge...

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:05:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Fixed if for ya!  

Quoted:
We're surrounded!

I live in Lawrence County, and they've caught and put radio collars on 43 bobcats near my home. Then there was the black bear sightings in Owen and Jackson Counties. Now you're saying that a mountain lion has been sighted as well? I may have to break out my bow 12 gauge...

Speaking of 12-gauge shotguns, I bought this one two weeks ago:

www.remington.com/firearms/shotguns/870spst_thumb.htm
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:54:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Gonna have some weight to it with a laminated stock!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:28:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I used to hunt around Jasonville around 12-13 years ago.  Two of my brother-in-laws swear they saw a black panther.  There were also stories agout sightings in the local paper. Has anyone heard about them?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:31:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fixed if for ya!  hock.gif

Speaking of 12-gauge shotguns, I bought this one two weeks ago:

www.remington.com/firearms/shotguns/870spst_thumb.htm

Remington makes a new rifle that would be a great match to your new 870.   If it shoots anything like the 40XBR you can't go wrong.  I just wish I wasn't left handed

http://www.remington.com/firearms/centerfire/xr100.htm
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:35:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I just wish I wasn't left handed
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:47:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I used to hunt around Jasonville around 12-13 years ago.  Two of my brother-in-laws swear they saw a black panther.  There were also stories agout sightings in the local paper. Has anyone heard about them?

I worked with a guy in a factory back in the early '90's. He said he saw two in the back of the field by the railroad tracks at his grandfather's west of Sullivan. Was all excited about it. Never knew him to lie.

5 years later, I'm working on the railroad that runs through there. Was running a train from IL to Sullivan, and had a conductor from IL with me that day. As we came up on New Lebanon, he told me that a few years earlier, a black panther crossed the tracks in front of him.

Guess what? Same place.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 11:43:31 PM EDT
[#10]
W T F

Indiana has that sort of stuff?

Good god, and I though yotes were bad enough
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:19:15 AM EDT
[#11]
My guess is that the panther was a pet that got loose.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:21:39 AM EDT
[#12]
bah leave it alone and hunt yotes that cougar isnt looking for ppl to eat
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:06:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Probably the mystery cat from the north side of Indy a few years ago that attacked a horse..........................or maybe his offspring?  COOL!

I don't mind the cats, it's Wolverines that bother me.  No freakin' Wolverines.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top