Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2005 2:24:49 PM EDT
I was looking at Packing.org and i was wondering what it means when a state has Reciprocity with In?

And it says you cant carry in a state park does that means concealed and open?

New Question

I am stationed in Georgia so that means I can carry when i drive home because GA and KY have Reciprocity and TN honors my permit? I just want to make sure so i dont do anything stupidThanks
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 2:28:32 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I was looking at Packing.org and i was wondering what it means when a state has Reciprocity with In?

It means that those states will honor Indiana's permits.

And it says you cant carry in a state park does that means concealed and open?

I'd venture to guess that either way is prohibited.
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 4:10:39 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks thats what i thought but wanted to make sure
Link Posted: 5/8/2005 8:50:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't know if you know this but it's ilegal to carry in a bar too.

Link Posted: 5/8/2005 6:11:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Don't know if you know this but it's ilegal to carry in a bar too.

In Indiana?
Link Posted: 5/8/2005 7:12:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm pretty sure that is true as well

If you are drinking, you shouldnt have it with you anyway
Link Posted: 5/9/2005 4:50:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm pretty sure that is true as well

If you are drinking, you shouldnt have it with you anyway

Does anyone know for sure? I've heard this about several other states, but never about Indiana. However, I do agree with you FastSS - drinking and guns usually aren't a good idea!

By the way, what kind of SS do you have?
Link Posted: 5/9/2005 6:05:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't think it is illegal to carry in a bar or places that serve alchohol.

www.packing.org/state/index.jsp/indiana
Link Posted: 5/9/2005 12:23:49 PM EDT
[#8]
There is nothing in the Indiana Code that invalidates our License to Carry in bars or anywhere else that sells or serves alcohol.  That is how it should be.  Licenses to carry to are useless if there is a laundry list of places where you can't carry legally.  Other states who restrict their licenses and permits with such lists are quite simple wrong.

Choosing to not drink while you have a firearm or any other potentilly dangerous machine or object in your possession is part of the responsibility of being an adult.  It's not for the mommy government to try to do it for you.

Link Posted: 5/9/2005 5:30:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
There is nothing in the Indiana Code that invalidates our License to Carry in bars or anywhere else that sells or serves alcohol.  That is how it should be.  Licenses to carry to are useless if there is a laundry list of places where you can't carry legally.  Other states who restrict their licenses and permits with such lists are quite simple wrong.

Choosing to not drink while you have a firearm or any other potentilly dangerous machine or object in your possession is part of the responsibility of being an adult.  It's not for the mommy government to try to do it for you.

Well said.
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 10:53:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Well said indeed.

But you have to admit, there are a lot of really stupid people out there.

Its a 94 Impala SS
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 5:54:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

+1.

It is not illegal to carry into a bar in Indiana...however, that said, I don't do it if I'm going to be drinking.

Link Posted: 5/10/2005 6:25:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It is not illegal to carry into a bar in Indiana...however, that said, I don't do it if I'm going to be drinking.

You don't carry if your going to be drinking period or if your going to be drinking a lot.

I don't see any problem with having a couple beers while carrying.  As long as your not getting loopy or anything.
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 9:55:34 PM EDT
[#13]
If you have to use your weapon and you have been drinking you might as well be using hand loads and a supressor as well, I would bet a few bucks that any lawyer would eat that shit up
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 11:04:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I wouldn't have any problem using hand loads.  

Not really sure about the suppressor though.  It would be nice for a home intruder as you wouldn’t be deafened, but I wouldn’t want it confiscated after a righteous shooting.  They would no doubt temporarily take a weapon that was used in self defense.
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 8:00:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Drinking to impairment while carrying would be a bad idea.  Having one or two drinks with a meal is probably OK, and I'll admit to having a beer with a steak dinner while carrying.  

If I was ever involved in a shooting after having a drink I would insist that the police take a blood sample for BAC testing.  That way there would be proof that it was low enough to not be an issue and take that card away from the other side's lawyers.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 11:19:58 PM EDT
[#16]
thanks
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:24:10 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

If I was ever involved in a shooting after having a drink I would insist that the police take a blood sample for BAC testing.  That way there would be proof that it was low enough to not be an issue and take that card away from the other side's lawyers.

good call
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top