Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2003 9:17:08 PM EDT
I'm looking at the areas between and near Evansville and Santa Claus. I'm going to be in that area from June 4-6/7th, and want to check out ranges, I'm already going to be checking out houses. I've heard about Rangemasters in Evansville (indoor), and the Jasper gun club (outdoors, only $25/year) but would like some recommendations from everyone. Hopefully we can finally move out there within the year.
Thanks everyone!
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 7:12:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not a member of the Jasper club but I'm thinking about it.  I've visited with the president of the club and he's a nice guy.  
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 8:45:13 AM EDT
[#2]
They email me some info. They have shoots w/ prizes sometimes. Seemed like nice people.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 8:53:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I live in Evansville and have never heard of Rangemasters.  There is a gun shop in Evansville called Strictly Shooting that has an indoor range.  The owners are Kevin and Matt and are pretty good people.
Probably the best outdoor range near Evansville is Red Brush Range just east of Newburgh.  Here's the web site: www.redbrush.org/
I used to belong to the Jasper Gun Club when I lived there; it's my hometown.  It's a pretty good club too.
There is also a nice State range near Arthur.  Arthur is just south of Winslow if you can find Winslow.  Winslow is south of Petersburg.  It's a pretty rural area if you haven't already guessed.  They have 25, 50, 100, and 200 yard ranges.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 10:55:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know what I'm thinking, Rangemasters isn't there. I've heard of Red Brush. I might have been thinking of an indoor range in Evansville. Do you have to have a sponser to join Red Brush? I heard of a boating club that has an indoor range during the winter.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 4:09:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't remember if you need a sponsor for Red Brush.  I've been a member for about 15 years and I don't remember if I needed one or not.
I'm also a member at the West Side Sportsman's Club and I know you do need a sponsor for there.  It's a small club on the west side of Evansville with a 100-yard range, their own cowboy town, skeet range, archery range, and a small fishing lake.  It's a nice club but not nearly as much range space as Red Brush.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top