Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2013 5:50:46 PM EDT
Traveling from NC to PA.  I have a NC CCW and the NCDOJ site shows that VA and PA both honor this permit, BUT MD does not.  What must I do with my pistol before I enter into MD?  It will most likely just be in the glove box in the car, but do I need to open carry it in MD or lock it up while driving thru?
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 6:05:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Unload and must be in a "container", preferably with the magazine nowhere near the pistol in a separate container.

There are several interpretations, but safe bet is to unload the magazine also. Some say it is part of the weapon, and must also be unloaded for it to be a truly unloaded weapon (and you can't transport loaded weapons). Others say that is not part of weapon if not inserted into gun.

To me, it's not worth betting my future on a MD's judge's interpretation of whatever he feels like.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 6:20:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you.

Seems like driving thru another country.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top