Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2011 12:26:57 PM EDT
I'm a VA resident, and need to have firearms transferred to me from a MD resident who is a friend of mine. My question is, can they be transferred to me by an FFL in MD, or do they have to be transferred by an FFL in VA? If they have to b e transferred by an FFL in VA, can we transport (drive) the firearms ourselves from MD into VA, or do they have to be shipped from MD to an FFL in VA? Some of the firearms are pistols and some are rifles.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 1:13:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Use FFL in VA, since you are the transferee and transfer fee is probably cheaper too.  Ask him to drive to VA and transfer there, unless your FFL demands that all weapons be shipped from FFL (in MD).  I used to drive to NOVA gunshop and transfer my pistols to a few residents there w/ out problem.
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 3:50:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 8:20:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Great info in here!

Sorry if I'm stepping on toes but I didn't want to clutter this section with a similar thread. I'm doing just the opposite, a friend is selling me his firearm (rifle) and he's a VA resident and I a MD resident. Seeing as how it's a rifle and I have firearm purchases on file with MD would I stil need to arrange a VA or MD FFL?

Again, sorry for thread jacking.

Hil
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 8:51:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 9:19:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Forest!

It appears that this will add one more layer to getting this rifle as he's already about 2hrs away in distance.

It's a Colt AR-15 Match Competition HBAR II.

Hil
Link Posted: 12/15/2011 9:22:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/19/2011 8:23:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Again thanks for the info!

Thanks to original poster as well for posting this question.

Buying this from a buddy that's got 200rds through it and letting it go for $500. I had to make a move on it. The FFL transfer is worth the wait.
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 10:15:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I'm a VA resident, and need to have firearms transferred to me from a MD resident who is a friend of mine. My question is, can they be transferred to me by an FFL in MD, or do they have to be transferred by an FFL in VA? If they have to b e transferred by an FFL in VA, can we transport (drive) the firearms ourselves from MD into VA, or do they have to be shipped from MD to an FFL in VA? Some of the firearms are pistols and some are rifles.

Have him ship or drive them to an FFL in VA of your choice..

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:20:22 PM EDT
[#9]
have him drive to VA and do the transfer at your local VA dealer!!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top