Oct. 28 0900-1700
Oct. 29 0900-1500

334 Carlisle Ave.
York, PA 17404

That is all.

Edited for update . . .
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 7:12:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Bumped (after Carlisle) for the York show.
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 4:51:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm going to be back in MD for that weekend, and might try to drag my future BIL (he's from York) to the show.  Some critter season opens that weekend though, and there's a Steeler game that afternoon so it might be tough to pry him loose.  

How have they been in the past?  Only real gunshow things I'd be looking for would be AK receivers, AK mags, ammo (5.56, 7.62x39) and of course beanie babies and jerky.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 5:19:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Went to the show last year and some vendors had some ok c+r deals, nothing to write home about tho. Didn't see much in the way of 5.56mm, what I did see was overpriced. Did find a vender in the front who had an ok deal on Fed. tactical 00 buck by the sleeve for 30 bucks. YMMV good luck and happy hunting. I may go for the hell of it anyway.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 9:10:08 PM EDT
[#4]
My own personal experience has been if you like milsurps this is one to go to. Some (not all) dealers there have prices I would call internet-competitive. Last time there was a guy there with a table of shooter-grade Hakims in the $250 range. Not a bad idea to have your transfer dealer lined up in case you see an EBR you just have to have too.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2006 5:04:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Great Show to get 30 Round Mags and Mil Surp.  Looks like I'm heading up with a whole crew.  Myself, my friend and my cousin in law, and maybee a fellow employee at a part time job.  I think that card in the mail you got will also give you a dollar off admission price

TRapture  
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 6:44:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Bumped for "this weekend".

AFAIK, I'm going to head up early on Saturday. I am assembling one of the stripped Superior lowers and I have the stock stuff, PG and about half of an LRPK laying around. I plan to look for the remaining small parts and get it finished up. That will make "one more pile of parts consolidated".
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 8:44:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I won't be heading up until Sunday, so don't you guys buy all the ammo Saturday!  

I'll check back here for an AAR; give us a heads up on any good deals.  Thanks!  
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:14:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I went today, no screaming hot deals but some decent ones. The thing that frustrates the kaka out of me at this show is looking at the one thing everybody seems to have a great deal on and not being able to participate. By that I mean AK's, lots of guys were selling new Arsenals in the 450 range, and assorted Romys were dirt cheap. Anyway I took my brother with me, he was looking to buy one handgun for home protection and he ended up buying a FEG Hi-Power clone he's having shipped to an FFL here from transfer, got a nice deal on it at 200 bucks, I told him if he didn't buy it I would. I bought a hex receiver Mosin Nagant (for some reason I always end up with one of those) for 120, a little high but it was a Tula and like I said a hex receiver.

7.62x39 was going for around 4.50 a box at most tables I looked at, but to be honest I didn't look that hard. A lot of hunting rifles there today.

Might have just been my imagination but I got the impression that prices are climbing at this show from the last time I was there. Guess we Marylanders need to stop telling them what great deals they have in PA  
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:11:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the update!  

Glad to see there were some AKs there, want to check some out since I'm still learning about the AK thing.  I'm planning on trying a build over the winter so I'm looking for accessories too.  

Need some bulk 7.62 Russian too...
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 1:26:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I just came back.  Overall, it was an excellent show, although I've never been to one in PA.  This was as good as any I've seen recently in IN, FL, VA, NC or MD.   Worth the trip up from Baltimore.  

I picked up a Knoxx Spec-Ops stock for my 870 ($110), a box of Black Hills 75gr (blue box, $19.99) a Beretta/MDS 20-round M9 mag for $25, and two sticks of venison jerky ($1/ea).  

Also saw:
- many lowers (stripped, w/ parts, or w/stock) from RRA, Superior, and DPMS
- AK flats and AK receivers (Ohio Ordnance)
- Almost the full line of Mossberg & Remington "tactical" shotguns from IIRC Plomchok's Guns & Ammo, including an 870 w/ the Knoxx stock
- All sorts of AR Accessories from DefCon 1 and Area 51 Tactical
- Black Hills ammo in most varieties from Hanover Shooters Supply for very good prices (no 77SMK's unfortunately)
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 1:42:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Last time I went there was a year ago.  Prices certainly climbed since then.  overall, a C&R rifle lover's show but prices were higher.  I good deal but the dealer didnt know what he had.  I'll probably pass on this show next time.

On the kingfish scale, 3 out of 5 stars.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:59:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I went sunday, the show was good but it was definately geared for the hunting season.  I guess tiss the season.  Found some deals but AR Mags were no less then 15 bucks and CZ mags were same price as online, if not higher.  Sten 30 round mags were few and expesive.  They were about 20 bucks a piece, E-Gunparts is 8.39 a piece.  I did pick up three more 10 round ruger mkII mags, 10 bucks a piece.  I bought a BSA Red Dot Scope used for 30 bucks, but to my regret could of bought one new for 30.  I did pick up the CAA Stock I wanted and put it on my lower.  Another Part down now it's just the upper I need!!  The CAA Stock I really like it's beefier then most of the stocks I have seen, places for batteries and even a Accesory rail on the side.  My buddy made a killing, he had a old Russian Night Vision scope for a heavy gun (50 cal., Etc.)  and one guy was like "Never seen one but I'll give you 50 for it, you may want to talk to the guy in the corner".  He went over to that guy and was like "I'll give you $150.00 for it because I have never seen one".  It was collecting dust in his closet so it was worth it to drag all 9-10 pounds of it through the show.  

TRapture
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top