Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2005 6:12:14 PM EDT
I'm going home for a few days next month, and would really like to take my nieces shooting (besides, I'm always ready to send lead downrange!)

Any Arfcommers on the Eastern Shore?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:10:27 AM EDT
[#1]
im in va. down in accomack county. if you got a place to shoot hell ill ride up depending on where and when.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:41:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks like we need to have a road trip shoot down to the ES!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:10:09 PM EDT
[#3]
if you got a place to shoot i will probably get a few people together to meet you all somewhere. we can bring an asortment, i got an ar-15 in 7.62x39, kinber custom II, ruger p944 in .40 and i got plenty of ammo for all. so just say the word and its road trip time. i wolud like to meet some other members since it looks like im the only one on the shore.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:34:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I know that Dave's is there, on the way to Bivalve.  That's where I was planning to head...
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:00:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I’m game; I have not been to the range in over two weeks.  Just let us know when and where.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:39:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd like to do something Saturday morning, Sept 17th.  I get in Friday night, Daddy's birthday party is Sunday, then Monday I am back on the plane to Texas.  Does anyone know if Dave's is Black Rfle friendly?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:00:46 AM EDT
[#7]
give me some info on dave's and i will try to contact them. address, phone number, gps cords, hell smoke siginal directions if nothing else. cause if we cant shoot ar's that means i will just bring my two pistols or maybe my sks.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:48:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Dave's Sport Shop
23701 Nanticoke Road
Quantico, MD 21856
Phone: 410-742-2454
Ammunition and targets must be purchased at the shop. Range open Tuesday through Sunday

That's all I know...
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:58:52 PM EDT
[#9]
i will give them a call either this week or the first of next week to find out. i think i have been there, cant remember. are they about 5 miles south of salisbury? on a little bend in the road, log cabin style store?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:20:33 PM EDT
[#10]
That's the one!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:38:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Linthicum here.

Never been to the shore.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:30:34 PM EDT
[#12]
You've missed the best part of the state!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:28:14 AM EDT
[#13]
i did not know they had a range. "the best part of the state"? you mean there is a good part of the state. where? with the gun laws and the emissions laws, people in md cant sh!t with out some state offical asking for color and lengh to make sure it was legal. gonna call this afternoon when i leave work. if there are still open i will post something later tonight.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:20:40 PM EDT
[#14]
I live in College Park, but my parents house (and mine...as long as we have the current batch of dogs I'll consider it my house too) is on the upper Eastern Shore (Kent County, second county down from the PA border on the Shore).  I've heard of a new range near there which is even class 3 friendly, but I've got to look into it further.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:58:04 PM EDT
[#15]
called daves today they said you can shoot anything you can legaly own. just let me know for sure when you want to shoot and what time me +1 + who ever else.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:45:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Hey!

I would like to shoot Saturday morning, 09/17.  We have more family coming in Saturday afternoon, and Daddy's birthday festivities are Sunday.  

Did you ask if Dave rents any weapons, by any chance?  I'm flying in and will be on a superrrr tight schedule, not sure I can handle the hassle of bringing my own pistols and still make my plane...

If they don't, do you have any pistol(s) that would be good for a female to try?  My aunt is definitely up for shooting, and I believe both of my nieces, as well.  If that works for you, just let me know what kind of ammo to provide!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:52:35 PM EDT
[#17]
i have a beretta bs950 .25acp a makarov 9X18 a ruger p944 .40 a walther p22 .22 and a kinber custom II .45acp. a friend has a s&w .38/357 mag. but not sure if he's coming yet. not sure daves would have 9x18 or much .25acp. i dont think they rent guns but i will call them back and find out.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:05:47 PM EDT
[#18]
What kind of Makarov do you have?  Mine's a Bulgy, and I love it!!!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:58:40 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Linthicum here.

Never been to the shore.

Elkridge (Howard County) here
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:58:50 AM EDT
[#20]
i have the same. been trying to sell it with no luck, couple intrested but nothing set in stone.  i bought it for something different, i used to carry it but since i got my kimber i have no need for it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:12:41 PM EDT
[#21]
So, anyone up for a litle range time at Dave's on Saturday?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:51:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Well I thought i might chime in. I live outside Centreville, but i go to college in Salisbury. Its about 15 min from Daves. Now ive only been by there once and it was a pretty bad experince. Some advice. Dont speed next to daves at 80 mph in the rain and try to take the corner as my girlfriend did in her Integra with me in the pasanger seat. We went into a flat spin ( going twards Salisbury, wih daves on the right) and lucky the car hit the Telephone pole in the rear. Was kinda cool seing the pole at a 45* angle and her car wrapped around it. Although I was delerious, had a severe concustion, and had a 2 inch cut on the back of my head i was still able to look over at the range dave had. All i could remmember was Dam thats a shitty range. I didnt think of it much at the time but what little i do remmeber was a 10m pistol range that looked ghetto as fuck. Maybe there was more to it or another range... I dont know. Ask the guys that work there if they remember a green integra wrapped around the pole outside. I know my girlfriend remmebers beacuse Verizon sent her a $4,000 bill for the poll, LOL. Anyway This was back in march so let me know if u guys see the skidmarks or pole fucked up. I would love to come shoot with you guys but im currently deployed to kuwait. WHen i get back in aug 06 well deff shoot some of my new toys. And stock up on all the 30rd Ar mags you can. Peace
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:30:00 PM EDT
[#23]
I used to buy bait and ice there all the time, but never shot there.  (I DID go to a wedding once in the little church across the street, and we could here the gunfire all through the ceremony!)

I'm sure it isn't the fanciest range in the world, but it's local, and I'm up for it if anyone else is!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:03:02 PM EDT
[#24]
you never did tell me what time you want to shoot. or what you want me to bring.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:21:20 PM EDT
[#25]
I didn't hear from you, so I thought you were busy.  I had no internet whioe I was there.

When I go back, I plan to have more time and bring some guns with me.  Maybe we can plan something then!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:11:29 AM EDT
[#26]
sure just let me know when. i was up there sat afternoon to look around the gander mountain. spent entirely to much money sat. if all else fails i may have my home range done by then it should be a lot nicer than dave's.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:37:44 PM EDT
[#27]
We just got a new gander Mtn. here - ayum, that's some expensive chit!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:55:38 AM EDT
[#28]
some of the stuff wasnt bad. i did buy a new gerber/applegate knife to carry at work since i cant seem to keep a good knife. found a pair of boots i liked but they dont carry them in extra wide so i was sol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top