Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2004 3:51:24 AM EDT
Can anyone shed some light on what it's like to live and work in Delaware?
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 5:56:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I hope you'll be making a lot of money because there's nothing there.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 8:13:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Like theres alot of stuff to do in MD. Lets see frog giggin, spray paint street signs, teeth countin contest, etc. Git r' done  Thats just funny.  OK Ill lay off you guys from Mary-land. Just remember I can get high caps and no stupid AW ban/registation. I have to give ya'll a hard time concidering Im the only one here from DE.
Berlin, Delawares not a bad as everyone says it is. I got three words Tax free shopping, sweet.
There is alot to do it just depends on your interest. Right now Del DOT is repaving every damn road in the state so its kind of a pain(POI  did you know DE is not atually a state its a commonwealth), the realestate market is booming so homes have sky rocketed, gas is 2.05 /gal.
Overall there is not alot of violet crime, every now and again there will be shooting but its usually down in the city. Work is plentyful, Ive held many types of jobs, never had a problem.

Where you from? Thinking of moving to DE? If you need something let me know.

Z
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 8:43:45 AM EDT
[#3]
zman your not alone anymore
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 8:49:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Is so good not to be alone. Where you at 87? Im in Marshallton. Youll have to join us for an outing at Elk Neck.

Z
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 8:58:31 AM EDT
[#5]
im near newark, I belong to the brandywine hundred range on route 9
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 9:28:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Cool, I work in Newark. Brandywine hundred range is that Ommelanden?  
Im not a big fan of Ommelanden, Ive had problems there, Cant bring my 1919, no more than 10 in the mag. oh well no big deal.
Welcome to the board, everyone here is great. We have alot of fun at the shoots.
Speaking of shoots whos up for one next weekend, it will be fun. Ric said hes going to fly back out just to see me.LOL  Actually Ill be out in CO. in about 3 mo.  sking in Vail damn  I cant wait.
Well if you guys are up for it. I need to test fire my lastest build(polish AK underfolder).
Later
Z
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 9:47:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Not ommelanden. This range is actually a private club with a membership cap. It is located south of the del city bridge on 9. The range has a 50,100,200 yrd rifle, a up to 50 yrd pistol/rifle, a "combat range", and a small shotgun area. They hold cowboy action shoots (that are open to non-members), they have rotc/junior rifle shoots, and cmp shoots. There are no range officers, you have key to the gate. You are able to shoot anything of any capacity, that you can legally own.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 11:33:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Now that you mention it I have heard of that place. I think a man I was in Boy scouts with is a member there, him name is Dave Latamus. I remember taking to him about the cowboy shoots and how fun it is. Wow a 200 yard range. Is it hard to become a member?  

Z
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 11:59:35 AM EDT
[#9]
I believe the membership count is 160. I am positive that there is a waiting list, but like most clubs it has a lot to do with who you know. I believe Dave is on the board of directors. You can call 302 653 2229 for membership info, or mail to Brandywine Hundred Rod & Gun Club, P.O. Box 26199, Wilmington, DE 19899
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 12:02:10 PM EDT
[#10]
There is also a range in Bridgeville with a 600yd rifle range.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 12:26:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Is that it???  
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:16:00 PM EDT
[#12]
ZMAN, you go back to your little DE forum and bad mouth us MDers all you want.  But while you're in here, you must be respectful to the great state of MD and it's great citizens.  

go back to DuPontville, we dont want your kind.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 4:41:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm moving to Delaware too.  Glad there are a few people from there.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 5:06:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Like theres alot of stuff to do in MD. Lets see frog giggin, spray paint street signs, teeth countin contest, etc.Z

You're thinking of the Eastern Shore.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 10:17:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 4:47:10 AM EDT
[#16]
What would you like to know,Berlin?   Kingfish, This is the MD,DE,DC forum. Yes, I do live in Dupontville, at one time they own the whole damn state. The thing that absolutly blows about this place is, NO class 3. I want a MG. It must not be too bad Kwt is moving here from NY. Ric knows he lived here for awhile, if you live anywhere for a long period of time it gets boring.
Republican is right I often get all of MD confused with Elkton. Im sorry if I offended anyone from the GREAT state of Maryland.. Now that I think of it my new Beta-C mag sould be here today,100rds of rocknroll. 187 thanks for the info, ill look into a membership  thanks. Please tell me more about the cowboy shoot.
Any of you Para-military freaks coming out this weekend?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:01:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Hey Ric, I just checked my in box, theres no new messages. Hope you are well out west. Colorado is my second most favorite place behind Jackson hole, Wy. Please send some more great pics.
Cool, talk to ya later
Sean
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:13:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Z man I have not been to any CB shoots yet. Although I own some CB stlye guns, I mostly shoot assault weapons. I can tell you that the last cowboy match was on 10/3, and I believe that it was the last one until spring.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:27:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Kingfish, This is the MD,DE,DC forum.

ooops, my mistake.  Carry on.

Actually, I've heard the Bridgeport shooting club is a good one.  Never been there myself though.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 1:27:55 PM EDT
[#20]
I was in DE on Monday and checked out X-ring.  They are friendly and the prices aren't too bad if you factor in the fact that there's no sales tax.  Thanks to the members who recommended them. Now to look for places to shoot.

Quoted:
What would you like to know,Berlin?   Kingfish, This is the MD,DE,DC forum. Yes, I do live in Dupontville, at one time they own the whole damn state. The thing that absolutly blows about this place is, NO class 3. I want a MG. It must not be too bad Kwt is moving here from NY. Ric knows he lived here for awhile, if you live anywhere for a long period of time it gets boring.
Republican is right I often get all of MD confused with Elkton. Im sorry if I offended anyone from the GREAT state of Maryland.. Now that I think of it my new Beta-C mag sould be here today,100rds of rocknroll. 187 thanks for the info, ill look into a membership  thanks. Please tell me more about the cowboy shoot.
Any of you Para-military freaks coming out this weekend?

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 1:35:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 1:38:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks for the quick link.  What is this place called?  

Quoted:
Its only about 15 minutes away from you and you can shoot anything you want up to .50 cal. Rapid fire is ok too.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/RicArmstrong/Elk_Neck_Map_Updated_8_2_04.jpg

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 1:41:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 6:23:07 PM EDT
[#24]
cool, thanks
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 6:31:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Kwt, drop me a line if you want to shoot, I know a few places. I know most of the guys at X-Ring Im always in there. They are an odd bunch, it depends on the day that determines their mood.
Ric be sure to vote for Kerry, I know CO is a swing state.   J/K I like my guns.
Z
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 6:34:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Will do

Quoted:
Kwt, drop me a line if you want to shoot, I know a few places. I know most of the guys at X-Ring Im always in there. They are an odd bunch, it depends on the day that determines their mood.
Ric be sure to vote for Kerry, I know CO is a swing state.   J/K I like my guns.
Z

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top