Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2004 7:24:42 AM EDT
At the fairgrounds.
I'll be working with Ottos Police Supply.
Don't know where we will be located since we asked for an extra table.

Anyone going?
I'm clearing out a lot of my stuff, so stop on by.
Big Yellow Sign with Black Letters.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:59:45 AM EDT
[#1]
24 looks and noone commenting????
We need to support the shows.
I'm not saying this to get you to buy from me.
You never know when you will find a deal.

I went to an antique show to deliver some 22 short ammo to one of my friends and ended up finding a new thumb-hole stock for my 10-22 for $30.00. That trip alone saved me $150.00
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:46:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe, I always like gun shows, but I've been a little depressed going to them lately.  How good is the Howard show?

Maybe if someone will have CHEAP high-caps or other post ban kinda stuff.  Also, I know someone looking for a Glock (maybe a 17) so if someone has one that's not $650 or something retarded I could direct him to it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:40:00 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
24 looks and noone commenting????
We need to support the shows. . . .  

I'm going, and maybe making the wife go too. We SHOULD support the shows, one of the last visible indications of legal gun ownership.  I try to hit them ALL; northern VA, MD and southern PA.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:58:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Maybe if someone will have CHEAP high-caps or other post ban kinda stuff....

No high-caps here, my friend
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:13:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Up to 20s.  Need some Glock 9mm 17s and .40 15s.  20 rounder USGIs, maybe 1 or 2 but I'm 'bout full on those.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:37:54 AM EDT
[#6]
There are plenty of high-caps available.

The problem is the dealers don't want to part with them(high prices).
One guy wanted $25.00 for well used 20 round AR's.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:44:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I going and I am bringing my father in-law, walking him into the culture.

I will come over to your table. say hey!

...9supercomp
...9supercomp
...9supercomp

got to remember that.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:09:31 PM EDT
[#8]
don't think I'll be making this one guys...the commute is a bit much.....like 6000 miles.....I will be home around the first week of November tho.....I'll let everyone know what dates I'll be in...maybe a shoot or hooters.......after my visit to USA to see my kids, I'm going to Thailand for a few days...whahoooo!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:52:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Bronz - I'm the big guy - flat-top - go-tee
Glad you are bringing your father-in-law along.

PhilsAR - afraid of a little commute eh?
             just kidding.
             Keep safe over there.

By the time you get back I will be a PA resident.
Moving to the Indiana area (50 miles East of Pittsburgh)

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:35:20 AM EDT
[#10]
I'll be there, probably Saturday.  Need a tele-stock tool , some 7.62x39 and .223 ammo.  Maybe some Wolff springs if I can find them.   I'll stop in and say Hi.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:25:42 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
don't think I'll be making this one guys...the commute is a bit much.....like 6000 miles.....I will be home around the first week of November tho.....I'll let everyone know what dates I'll be in...maybe a shoot or hooters.......after my visit to USA to see my kids, I'm going to Thailand for a few days...whahoooo!!

If there is any doubt, just remember to ask yourself WWNDD?.

I'll be out of town the first week in November, hopefully I'll be back in time to see you at Hooters or a shoot.  Hmmm, think we could start a hooters firing range franchise?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:11:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone have a street address for the Fairgrounds so I can MapQuest it?
I'd love to make it, but my Aunt and Uncle are visiting my parents down in Calvert, so I'm going to have to visit them on at least Saturday, I might catch the end of the show on Sunday.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:20:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Kharn
Here is the link to Sliverado Gun Show webpage with directions
Silverado
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:22:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Depending on work I will try to make it.  Going to look for newly un-evil parts for my project AR15.  Hope to see you there.

Joe
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:26:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Gots to work.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:38:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Hey 9,
I just saw this thread.  I guess now I know where you'll be on Sat.  Will you still have time to check out my M4 if I bring it with me?

Thanks
Rich
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:54:20 AM EDT
[#17]
I'll be there on Saturday. I'll probably be the only guy with the Japanese camo backpack. looking for ammo. I told my wife i'm not going to buy any guns, but we all know how that can turn out.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:56:19 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Gots to work.

+1
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:42:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Only 50 minutes from my place, I cant decide which day I'll be there. (and no, I cant do the ARf thing and do both)

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:51:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I might go Saturday. Sunday I'll be at the Ravens game, so if I go it would be Saturday.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:35:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Gas to Fairgrounds: $5ish
Admission: $7
Pair of .30cal ammo cans: $5
Laughing at all the "preban" prices: Priceless.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:54:51 AM EDT
[#22]
What were some of the prices?  Just for grins.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:58:00 AM EDT
[#23]
$2500 for some old Colt preban.
$1500 for another Colt preban.
Fulton was selling no-bans for the same price as equilvalent postbans.
Mags were $20 for USGI 20s, there was one guy in the center grouping selling Glock no-ban mags for $20 each which I was pretty suprised about.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:34:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Now I'm a gun show newbie and am going tomorrow morning and hope to be there at 9AM.  I'm bringing one of pistols to be evaluated, do I need anything besides my locked case?  While I'm there I'm going to try to limit myself to $200 so we shall see.  Any help would be great.

Joe
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:48:25 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Fulton was selling no-bans for the same price as equilvalent postbans.

Mags were $20 for USGI 20s, there was one guy in the center grouping selling Glock no-ban mags for $20 each which I was pretty suprised about.

I fondled Fulton's Sage stocked M1A, very sweet.  A lot lighter than it looked, and free-floated.

I didn't see the Glock mags, but I saw a table with off-brand Glock replacement bodies for $30.  I guess he's hoping some sucker will buy them.  

9supercomp's table had some very nice Wilson Combat Scatterguns.  

Lots of $900+ Bushmasters with postban features, and kitchen table AR's with features I'd never buy (1" dia. HBAR with a CAR stock, etc) but nothing that jumped out at me.  

ETA:  BATFE Agents near the front have free books of current Federal & State firearms laws plus C&R applications.  I picked up one of each on the way out.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:38:13 PM EDT
[#26]
I did like the cattle call "If you havent registered to vote, come to the front and we'll get you set up" they did.  I grabbed a free W bumper sticker from the .30cal ammocan guy.

For some reason, I didnt see anyone giving away Kerry bumper stickers.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:30:48 PM EDT
[#27]
LtJoeAnderson
You can bring your gun with you. They will check you at the door for it to be clear and wire tie it so it can not be loaded.
What kind of evaluation are you for?
Bring it by Otto's Police Supply and maybe I can help.
We are on the left wall most of the way in the back.

I think the be line I hear all day had to be the one guy ask"
"What do you think of President Kerry"

My responce:
"Never heard of him nor will I"

Can't understand why he walked away.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#28]
9supercomp,

Man I couldn't find ottos police supply table. Did you have a sign.

Anyway, didn't see really anything I wanted.

Question: Isn't .308 AP illegal, saw some.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:36:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Ill be there today. Gotta get some sleep now, im gonna buy some .30-06...Gotta shoot this garand!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:19:19 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
9supercomp,

Man I couldn't find ottos police supply table. Did you have a sign.

Anyway, didn't see really anything I wanted.

Question: Isn't .308 AP illegal, saw some.

I missed Otto's table too.   Damn.  I circled the room a few times with my son.   Maybe my eyes were distracted.  Did manage to pick up a case of 7.62x39 for $83.  OK I guess.   Don't like to leave empty handed.   Never saw a decent tele-stock tool.  The one older model I did find didn't seem to work on current tele-stocks, at least the guy behind the table was unable to operate it.  Anyone have one to loan out ?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:13:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Found Otto's table and 9supercomp helped me find out that my local gunshop was trying to screw me over for my Walther P38 and Luger.  Apparently I missed all the good AR deals on Saturday but I did get Otto's card and will try to set up a transfer for my lower.  Picked up a case of Wolf 7.62x39 and some surplus 7.62x54R so the day wasnt a total waste.  For my first show I had a good time, talked to some good people and got to drool over some stuff that I would have to sell my car for.  Especially liked the full auto table with all the wonderful goodies I will never be able to afford.  Noticed prices were a little high though.  Some guy wanted almost $200 for a M44 Mosin Nagant that I'm pretty sure was one of the Refab Aztec Surplus deals which should only have been about 80-100 if that.  Oh well, I simply put it back on the table and kept walking.  Overall a great experience and I hope to do it again soon.

Joe  
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 2:26:27 PM EDT
[#32]
I guess they are running out. but Yugo SKS's for 150 bucks?!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 3:24:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Sorry guys.  
The sign didn't make it up until the end of the day Saturday.
Like normal a lot of tire kickers and a few buyers.
Managed 2 pistol sales Sunday.
We were on the left side upon entering the building, almost in the back end.

BRONZ there is no law in MD on APC.
We had one guy selling the 20+10 round AR mags.
Fortunately for him the organizer of the show found it instead of the cops.
Not only made him take them off the table, but he had to put them in his vehicle.
Don't need to give the other side any ammo against us.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top