Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2006 5:51:04 AM EDT
I have a bunch of kits lying around and need a little guidance doing my first one.  I have the general idea but want someone to show me the tips/tricks.  I'm living in Michigan going to school but go home fairly often.  I have a drill press, dremel and assorted tools.  Anyone wanna help a newbie out?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:14:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never built an AK, but I read thru the build it yourself threads here and it doesn't look *to* difficult. A dremmel and a drill press seem to be quite the proper tools.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:40:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:22:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:15:35 PM EDT
[#4]
You might add where in MN you are about so if any one is near they could help!

Cataclysm would be who I recomend you IM for help.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:20:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm in Grand Rapids but frequent the Cities when I come home.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:06:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I just finished a build, and got ALL the info right here at ARFCOM. Seemed a bit daunting at first, but I think my six others will go together nicely..

Only I'd add, is that the spray on, bake n, finishes did not please me much at all. Prone to chipping, and I'm confident my stuff was prepped right. Next one will be done with that black oxide plating from Caswell (also found here).

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:32:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I was looking at another hometown forum, I cannot remember which state it was and they were having a AK build party.  Guys were getting together to do their builds at the same time.  The guys with experience and tools were showing the noobs how to do it.  

I would take it a step further and have each noob kick in a couple bucks to the host to help pay for the hosts receiver or kit.

Seems like a cool idea.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 1:52:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I built mine using the instructions found on this site.  It was not too hard, and I am kind of clumsy sometimes.  The next one would be easier yet....  FWIW, I did not much care for the Type-U Drive scews that some people like.  YMMV.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top