Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2006 1:27:22 PM EDT
Just a heads up for the Bill's gun shop shooters show this weekend.  They have the factory reps on hand with their demo guns that you can shoot free if you buy the ammo.  Great way to get some cheap trigger time on lots of different guns.  It will be busy so be prepared.

They also have machinegun rentals.  More info at their web site.  www.billsgs.com

Brick
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:03:46 PM EDT
[#1]
does anyone know which machine guns will be there?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:46:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I asked the same question.  They said,

mp5
ak-47's
DPMS's M-16s

and.......

FN 249 S.A.W.!!!!!!!

Brick
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:57:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I asked the same question.  They said,

mp5
ak-47's
DPMS's M-16s

and.......

FN 249 S.A.W.!!!!!!!

Brick

Gee I wonder how you know this.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:34:27 AM EDT
[#4]
These shows are generally worth checking out. It is fun looking over the stuff and chatting with company reps. Good chance to check out handguns you are thinking about purchasing.
I don’t get much out of FA stuff myself, but it is fun to see the smiles it creates.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:06:31 AM EDT
[#5]
any reports yet?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:18:29 AM EDT
[#6]
they've been setting up for it for a couple days.  gotta give them credit--putting a lot of effort into it.  looks like most companies will be represented.  get to be there most of sun.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:43:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
they've been setting up for it for a couple days.  gotta give them credit--putting a lot of effort into it.  looks like most companies will be represented.  get to be there most of sun.

I was wondering if Colt is going to be there?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:29:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Pretty fun Stuff.

HK, Smith, Para, Taurus, DPMS, Israeli Arms, Bushmaster... etc...

Eveyrone has guns that you can shoot.

for 5 Dollars you can shoot a 50 BMG (1 Round)

Shot the S&M M&P 15.  Nice Rifle. :)here
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:00:42 PM EDT
[#9]
The show was pretty good.  Lots of dealers, but FN wasn't there as of this morning.  They expected them to show up later today, which is a bummer because I wanted to see their new funky-looking .223 bullpup.  

The HK rep pleaded clueless about the mythical new .45.

I did shoot a Sig 226 x5 single action 9mm.  It's a beautiful gun, but very spendy.

I also shot the new Smith & Wesson M&P .40.  I shot one of the best groups I have fired in a long time at 7 yards, but the gun had some trouble with failures to fire.  The rep said it probably needed to be cleaned, but I think the mag safety was causing problems.  It felt like the trigger wasn't engaging at all when it did fail.  There were also a few light strikes, but that may have been primer issues on the S&B ammo - I don't know enough to tell what was going on.

The S&W reps did say that the 9mm version should be out in 4-6 weeks.  I liked the gun.  If I'm ever feeling rich it might become a companion (replacement?) to my G19, as long as they produce a version without the mag safety.  I want to know that it won't have the same issues as the demo gun, though.

I also walked out with a decent blade-tech holster and mag pouch for my G19, so I can ditch the fobus junk.

It's too bad I wasted my one good group of the year today instead of at the alumni shoot tomorrow...
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:54:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I went over this afternoon with visions of scratch-n-dent $200 DPMS complete uppers or $800 AR-10s. No go. In a moment of weakness I bought a DPMS lower that was $69. I had an extra A2 upper receiver that needs a mate, though it is causing me to get distracted from my SBR build.

Shot the Baretta CX and some sigs. Wasn't too crowded. Wanted to try the XD45, but there was an hour wait. I just wanted to confirm that Glocks rule!

I would have enjoyed shooting the SAW but, hey, I am a cheapskate. A lot of people where taking a pull of the .50.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:41:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I can't think of any good reasons why I shouldnt go check this out.    It's too late to go tonight though.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:50:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Damn $5.00 to shoot 1 round through a .50, does that come with vaseline?

Seriously, I feel bad for anyone who pays that much to spank  a .50
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:25:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The show was pretty good.  Lots of dealers, but FN wasn't there as of this morning.  They expected them to show up later today, which is a bummer because I wanted to see their new funky-looking .223 bullpup.  

I handled one at the IACP Conference in 2002.  I wouldn't say it's anything great.  The Ejection system seems like it would end up giving a lot of problems with hard use.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:07:14 PM EDT
[#14]
I shot the 249 SAW and it was a blast! I've never shot FA before, and needless to say, it put a big smile on my face! I wish transferrables were legal in MN. It ate a few of the rounds and had a few feeding problems, but that didn't bother me.

What really got me though was this guy that was looking over the FA guns before I used the SAW, said the 249 was a '240 Bravo', and he apparently used it in the Army.  I just had to chuckle a little bit on that one, I'm not even in the Army and know the difference between the two.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:47:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Damn $5.00 to shoot 1 round through a .50, does that come with vaseline?

Seriously, I feel bad for anyone who pays that much to spank  a .50

More like $7 for what Bill's charges for a paper target.

Though I tell you, I watched a few people shoot them including some younger folks. I think the smile on the faces and the never-to-forget memory was worth the price of admission to them.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:14:40 PM EDT
[#16]
My GF and I went last year and shot the .50 at a two for one price. They let her shoot free. Everyone shot at the same target. We went again this year, around 4pm Saturday. It wasn't crowded at all. We were short on money this time and limited ourselves to around $50 or so. I've got .45s at home and neither of us have shot a 9mm so we rented a CZ 75 Compact; and since last year we shot a Bushmaster AR15 and Armalite AR-10A4, and my own first AR15 isn't quite done, we rented the S&W M&P15. If we'd have had more money to spend I'd have shot one of the FN rifles and their shotgun, a CZ rifle or two, and some other CZ handguns.

I can shoot better with my .45s than I did with the CZ75 9mm, but I liked how the CZ felt and it's now on my "considering to buy" list. I'm very curious about their .45ACP model 97. It's a bit large in the grip but I like the solid feel to it. Their model 83 in .380 Auto looks and feels like it'd be fun to shoot.

The S&W jammed on the first shot, first magazine. The first shot was fine, then no ejection. Case was stuck and required a fairly heavy pull on the charging handle to remove it. Rest of the mag was fine (I was loading them to 20 rounds). Second mag, first shot, failure to eject. It was hung up crooked, but a light pull on the handle and it came out. After that there were no more problems. We shot 4 or 5 boxes of Winchester through it. Besides those problems, it was a pleasure. I can't judge it in comparison to any other ARs since the only other one I've shot is that Bushmaster last year. I felt good about the accuracy of it. I'm waiting on my Noveske lower to complete mine. I've got an LMT BUIS on the way from a member here. I've already got my Sabre Upper and my NHMTG mags. When I had the S&W I didn't check the brand of magazine. Maybe the jams were nothing to be concerned about, but I mentioned them to the rep, just so he'd know. He didn't ask for details.

GL
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:48:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Have the open houses allways forced you to buy all ammo at the range?  I remember it as buying a single box.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top