Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2005 4:44:33 PM EDT

As I said in an earlier post - I'm new to this state.  Could we start a list of good gun stores in the state (complete with addresses)?  Stores that cater to black rifle users a plus!

Robert
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:35:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Gunstop is the best private gun shop in the area, and they have the best reloading  inventory 14410 Excelsior Blvd. Minnetonka, MN 55345 1-800-645-7644 (952) 474-0211
Gander Mtn (you can google and find addresses)
Sportsmans Warehouse St. Cloud and Coon Rapids (northern metro) (you can google and find addresses) They have great prices for chain store and a darn near close second to Gunstop in Reloading inventory.
Cabela's Rogers and Owatona (you can google and find addresses)
Ahlman's 9525 W. 230th St. Morristown, MN 55052
J&S has a nice inventory with prices to match 17400 Kenwood Trl, Lakeville, MN 55044
Scheels Sports they are in Mankato, Eau Claire, Moorhead, and St. Cloud (this store is huge) (you can google and find addresses)
Frontiersman 6925 Wayzata Blvd, Minneapolis, 55426 - (952) 544-3775
Hart Bros Weaponry Rt 1, Hwy 69 S Albert Lea, MN 507-377-0201

Gunstop, SW, Cabelas, Ahlman's, J&S, Frontiersman, and Hart Bros are EBR friendly.
If you want hard use AR platform then check out Defensive Edge SLR15's.
J&S has some high end AR's on display.

If you want a gunsmith you have good one in Ahlman's in Morristown,  there is Territorial Gunsmiths,   Randy Hengl Certified DuraCoat Finisher 733 6th Ave South Hopkins, MN 952-931-9451
[email protected] Randy will talk your ear off and a pound of Dark Coffee helps Randy see to get things going for you!

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:36:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Sportsman's Warehouse is off of Highway 10 and Round Lake Blvd. in Andover. The phone number is 763-560-2000.
They have a whole wall about 8 feet high by 30 feet long with just handguns.  Desert Eagles, autos, Revolvers, etc.  I love to go there and look and handle the pistols. They don't have to open glass or pull the trigger lock off. It works out excellent.  It is by far the best store for looking at pistols I have ever been to.  I picked up a Beretta 92 Vertec on clearance for $500.  So the prices seem very good there to me.  They have a few ARs but no AKs and 200 feet of wall space for rifles and shotguns.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:49:12 AM EDT
[#3]
+1 to the above I like sportsmans whorehouse alot. all the staff are very helpful.

They have a socomII there what a piece of crap all those rails all over it. But that is my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:11:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Ditto on Sportsman's Whorehouse.  I go into the Waite Park/ St. Cloud store all the time to fondle guns.  There are a couple guys in there you get to talking to and they know quite a bit.  One in handguns and one in rifles.  Otherwise you kinda get the usual "we hired you cause you know how to field strip a Glock guy".  I'm not knockin them, but if you really want to get into the technical aspects and comparison's,  it sometimes gets them off guard.   Or maybe I just always get the new guy.  

Last time I was in there they had a whole rack of black rifles, probably a dozen.  Mainly Armalite and Bushy's.  They had a handful of M1A's and a Socom and SocomII.  Also a couple of Beretta storms.  Just about every other hangun you can think of.  Although I never see any FN's.  Come to think of it, I don't think I have seen a Hi-Point in there either.  

RS1, You didn't mention what area you are in.  I think most people just assume the metro.  When you get into the outskirts there are all kinds of smaller places as well.  Some places good and some bad, and everything in between.   Hell, I'm still finding little hole in the wall places in my area.  One thing I have noticed though are some pawn shops that sell firearms.  I like to go in and look to see if there are any screaming deals. (Hell its a pawn shop, why not?  Always on the lookout for a good drop gun.  )  Usually those places are a complete rip off though.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:25:04 AM EDT
[#5]
+2 on SW.  Gander Mountain isn't too bad but their prices are high and their used prices are a complete ripoff.  Pawn shops haven't carried anything I've been interested in since I discovered how easy out of state transfers using internet forums are.

I should stop in a pawn shop again someday, but I doubt the scene has changed much.  Most are more interested in selling overpriced jewelry and DVDs these days.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:39:37 AM EDT
[#6]
There is small shop in Hutchinson that is sort of nice to look through at times.  Crow River Sports?  They used to have great prices on BM AR's!  Not sure anymore?  There a couple of shops in and around Little Falls.  There is new store up in Baxter, Reeds?  Otherwise there is not that much!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:47:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Ralph's Gun and Pawn
6101 HWY 10 NW
Anoka, MN 55303
Phone: (763) 427-2000
Fax: (763) 427-4899
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:03:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Prince Gun Shop
19184 Highway 169
Milaca, MN

Right next to Conoco
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:31:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Glen's Army Navy
701 NW 4th St. (Highway 2)
Grand Rapids, MN 55744

218-326-1201

EBR Friendly
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:19:16 PM EDT
[#10]
JJ's Guns
122 Main Steet West
Crosby, MN 56441

218-546-8107

They have a pretty good selection of rifles and handguns.  Carries some black rifles and C&R.  He has some of the best prices around the area, and if he doesn't have it in, he'll get it for you.  He is also set up through Davidson's and has the cheapest prices through them of any one in the area.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top