Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2005 6:47:48 AM EDT
AlreadyThere, his son and 6 others of us were there last night.  Dr. Len Breure is a very talented and experienced instructor.  He kept the pressure on and challenged us quite thoroughly.  Yes, Quin, we did tactical mag changes just like you and I were taught by Sully, and shot at steel targets incuding the pepper popper.  

There were a lot of good shooters there last night and I think we all did a good job of challenging ourselves and each other.  If you have the time next Tuesday, come!  If you don't, MAKE TIME.  It's two and a half hours well spent!

Thanks again, Len!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:37:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Is it "Be there at 5 sharp"??  I'm usually on tour at the VAMC until 1630, so the drive north would make me a bit late.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:21:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm sure you could step in a little late if you wanted to.  Come on up and check it out!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:05:38 PM EDT
[#3]
is there a cost? i work till 5 so i don't know if i could work it out anyway.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:23:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

If I remember correctly it was $25
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:53:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yep, think it was $25. We have been going through about 100rds of ball ammo and this week we used some frangible ammunition. I am going to have to dig out the reloader and get some components for this. They are quite expensive, I think it was $16 for the box of 9mm for the gun I borrowed.  I usually use a .45 and that will end up being more expensive yet I suspect.  They did not have any .45 available it is on order. If anyone who knows a cheap source for some please let me know.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:18:09 PM EDT
[#6]
What exact brand and model # is the ammo? A bit more info and I might be able to help you out.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:46:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What exact brand and model # is the ammo? A bit more info and I might be able to help you out.

I don't have the box any more, gave the rest of it  to mcnielsen for rental of his gun. Maybe he can chime in on this one.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:20:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll check it out later and let you know.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:14:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:10:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Does it *HAVE TO BE* frangible ammo, or will my .45 ACP 230 grain FMJ or my 230 grain LeadRoundNose practice ammo work?

Your ammo will work on paper, but frangible is going to be required for work the work on steel. At least that would be my guess.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:07:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Does it *HAVE TO BE* frangible ammo, or will my .45 ACP 230 grain FMJ or my 230 grain LeadRoundNose practice ammo work?

Your ammo will work on paper, but frangible is going to be required for work the work on steel. At least that would be my guess.

Yes.  Wadcutters will ricochet back and fragments will hit you or others.  

The Frangible they sell at BGS is "International" brand.  It was going for about the same as most defensive ammo loads.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:47:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:15:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Matt, it's $25 if you just shoot paper.  One box of Frangible is all that's needed if you want to shoot steel.  It cost me $42 last time for range fees and one box of frangible.  Not too bad for 2 hours of shooting.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:21:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:44:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Matt, it's $25 if you just shoot paper.  One box of Frangible is all that's needed if you want to shoot steel.  It cost me $42 last time for range fees and one box of frangible.  Not too bad for 2 hours of shooting.

I don't think requiring frangible is out of line from an indoor range operator, if you want to shoot steel.

At 35 yards we were getting splash off steel at my most recent shoot.
I got hit in the "ding-ding" (just hard enough to know I'd been tagged)
Others had a bruise or two to show.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:25:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Don't believe him--Tactical Tuesday is terrible. I am just kidding, but it is getting crowded.   My wife and went---it is a great time. Len is a super instructor.  we have both taken some of his one on one classes as well as the CCW class---way worth the money.  they didn't have steel last time we went.  I loaded our guns last night so we are going tonight.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:53:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Len Breure is the instructor !!!!!!

I used to work with Len years ago... he is a great guy!

I will have to sign up for CCW training. or Tactical tuesdays if I can get off from work that night

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:38:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Cool!

See some of you there tonight!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:34:15 PM EDT
[#19]
I enjoyed the low and no light shooting tonight.  Well worth the money on that alone.  It's hard to get enough experience on that. Didn't need the  frangible ammo tonight either. He seems to find some new stuff every week to work on, and is very open to suggestions. He had a survey at the end of the night to try to gauge what people wanted to work on.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:05:17 PM EDT
[#20]
I got stuck working late... but you will see me there soon.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:39:35 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I enjoyed the low and no light shooting tonight.  Well worth the money on that alone.  It's hard to get enough experience on that. Didn't need the  frangible ammo tonight either. He seems to find some new stuff every week to work on, and is very open to suggestions. He had a survey at the end of the night to try to gauge what people wanted to work on.

+1

About 9 people there last night.  Good group of shooters!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top