Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 7:03:01 AM EDT
Did you guys read in the Pioneer Press about Minutemen organizers wanting to set up a Minnesota Minuteman project along the Canadian border and trying to get enough N. Dakotan's to do it also.  The paper claims there are at least 50 Minnesotan's willing to go on patrol, am willing to bet there are a lot more than that..
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:28:56 AM EDT
[#1]
the govn't is patroling the northern border more that we realize.  a friend of mine lives in Birchdale (between the falls and baudette) and says that he runs into armed govn't agents regularly when out and about in the woods.  the canadians patrol quite heavily also, they just love busting americans for fishing violations in the same area.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:23:15 AM EDT
[#2]
we fish Lake of the Woods at Baudette in the winter time and I can tell you it would be very simple to come across the ice and into Minnesota from Canada....All they would have to do is to have someone meet them in Baudette to move farther South....
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:53:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I dont think they would have a problem enlisting North Dakotans
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:25:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh please....

Isn't ND known as the "Peace Garden State"?

As far as a MM patrol along the north, it would be an interesting activity.

I suspect that  Canada is just as helpful to tangos as is Mexico. just as limp wristed about enforcing laws as well.

My biggest concern would not be angry canadians, but, our own home grown meth labs that seem to populate so much of the rural areas these days.

[DNR officers don't wear their bp vests cause they are affraid of elk/deer/bear firing back at them.]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:24:31 PM EDT
[#5]
looks like Arizona and New Mexico have declared a border emergency, wonder if Texas or California are  next?..
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:56:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Oh please....

Isn't ND known as the "Peace Garden State"?

As far as a MM patrol along the north, it would be an interesting activity.

I suspect that  Canada is just as helpful to tangos as is Mexico. just as limp wristed about enforcing laws as well.

My biggest concern would not be angry canadians, but, our own home grown meth labs that seem to populate so much of the rural areas these days.

Before NAFTA, it was shakey at best, Have you ever seen the way them damn canadians drive up there?

Anyway there is a lot of open space between Portal and Northgate that goes un-attened everyday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top