Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2004 7:16:38 PM EDT
Do any of you know the following info about Kieran's Irish Pub in downtown MPLS?

1.) Do they have a concert this saturday night?
2.) Do they let people under 21 in for concerts?
3.) Are they CCW Friendly?

I ask because I have a first-date with a girl who likes Irish Folk/Rock music, and thought she might like that place for a first date (because I know sometimes they have bands).

The problem is:
She's 19 (under 21)

If you have some good suggestions, see my following thread in the GD to make a good date suggestion:
Ideas For A Fun First Date
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 8:05:24 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Do any of you know the following info about Kieran's Irish Pub in downtown MPLS?

1.) Do they have a concert this saturday night?
2.) Do they let people under 21 in for concerts?

No...at least, not in the past. Call them and find out. (612) 339-4499

3.) Are they CCW Friendly?

No, they were posted last time I was there this summer

I ask because I have a first-date with a girl who likes Irish Folk/Rock music, and thought she might like that place for a first date (because I know sometimes they have bands).

The problem is:
She's 19 (under 21)

We are all relieved you know your math.

If you have some good suggestions, see my following thread in the GD to make a good date suggestion:
Ideas For A Fun First Date

SEX

But, if you can't get it up that night, there is always finding a friend with a fake id and trying to get in anyhow. Not that I am recommending you break the law or anything...

From my experience, Kierans has sucky musicians. I much prefer going to either O'Gara or Half-time Rec in St. Paul. St. Paul cops seem to be far less dickless sh*ts than what Murderapolis has been known for.

The food at Kierans sucks. But, going to bars for food is about as smart as going to a resturant for drinks.

Take her to your place, put on some shag music, slip into a smoking jacket, open a bottle of  $3 wine (tell her its imported, and put it in a decanture) and start telling her how lovely her hair looks. Chicks dig oneliners.

Just a suggestion. (what the hell do I know, I'm married)

-Warlock
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 8:44:55 PM EDT
[#2]

OMFG that's funny shit!

So, O'Gara's has decent music on saturdays?  I've never heard of that place before...

Where are some other good places with music on weekends?

My favorite place was the Borealis in Dinkytown because they had GREAT Jazz music that you could dance to, talk, and just chill & have a great time...  They closed about 2 yrs ago though.  It was pretty saddening.

As far as dinner is concerned I'm thinking about going to the Macaroni Grill, or if I can find enough people (maybe a double date) to go to Bucca Di Beppo in downtown.

Sex is a bit premature.  We don't know each other THAT well yet...    She's nice & into outdoor things like camping, fishing, etc., and she's from FAR up north near the border & her family has a cabin on Int'l falls area...  I can forsee a fun camping trip in the future...  
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 12:35:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 8:13:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I personally like Kieren's. I have enjoyed the "Lilting Banshees" on numerous occasions. As far as posting.. I don't know... but if you put me in a Irish pub drinking Harp and Jameson's I probably shouldn't have access to a firearm anyway!

As for the a Bagpipe concert.. Sounds like fun to me!

Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:16:49 PM EDT
[#5]
We all like the Tim Malloys when they play there.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:24:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I just can't believe InuhBad is acutally going on a date
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:33:53 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

w/ a chick no less!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:57:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

w/ a chick no less!

You know...  I'm almost just as surprised about that as well...  

I'm going to hopefully get to take her shooting sometime this weekend if I manage to get my final design projects done before then...

If that's not possible, I'm going to try getting some good pics of her before she leaves for the whole summer...  

Really though.  She's a great girl, she's cute, she likes outdoor things, we have similar interests, etc...  However, I still have little or no idea what she sees in me...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top