Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 12:57:32 PM EDT
[#1]
public shooting is ending mid nov. out at Oakdale, thats the time to go and have all the ranges to yourself. That is also the time that all the ass-hole range officers go back into their cells till next year. I will be out there often with JEM375. We can get some guests in. I've been shooting out ther for many years and still get pissed at some of the Super Range Officers that know all about(in their own minds) firearms safety. I had my Poly-tech side folder out last time I was there and I must have pointed it at the roof when I was taking it out of the case, some fag range officer started it with me instantly.If you can get past the public part of the season it is nice to shoot there.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 8:22:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you think we might have set a record for getting off topic on this one?
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 8:27:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Pheasant season opened this week-end, anyone go hunting??
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 5:04:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pheasant season opened this week-end, anyone go hunting??

OMFG!!!  
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 4:52:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey inuh did you get to  use the "force" at all on your road trip with the girls?
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 5:39:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hey inuh did you get to  use the "force" at all on your road trip with the girls?

Unfortunately, no.  The weekend was still a real blast!  I met two girls that REALLY LIKE ME though.  One is from the U of MN, the other from Carleton (Northfield, MN).

As far as the tournament went, I made it through 7 bouts, (which is great for a beginner) but didn't get into the top 3 because there were so many people there.  One of the girls I was up against in my "Pool" (Pre-DirectElimination pools [are coed]) was a B rated USFA & Olympic competitor from HUNGARY who got a full scholarship to Northwestern, and thus is also able to fence collegiate.  Well, let's just say that almost ANYBODY who went up against her lost (our school's main competitor for her was at a national tournament at the time).  Um, my bout with her lasted 27 seconds, and she got 5 hits on me in that time.  Overall I did great for a rookie, but still have a LONG way to go before I can get a good fencing rating.

I also got a chance to buy a good electric foil for myself for a pretty reasonable price too!  I'm also going to start training in epee soon. (as if the 6 bruises on my chest aren't enough)

The women were hotties, I met a gorgeous european girl (going to school in US) who was 21 but she looked like a 15 year old girl.  I have practice in about 15 minutes, and another later on tonight too...  

On a more positive note, I've been talking to all the girls & guys on the team about my FAVORITE pastime of shooting, and it turns out two of the coaches own several guns (M1 Garand, Colt 1911A1s Govt & Offcrs, etc), and and some of the students expressed a possible interest in going shooting sometime!  Though it'll keep me busy if I have to train them all in basic safety!
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 1:25:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll assist the fine wimmens Inuh.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 1:27:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Just bring the girls, we will do any "training" as we go.
Hot brass down the shirt? TAKE IT OFF !!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 8:38:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll apply my healing saliva salve.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 6:52:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Anyone for November 8th???????
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 8:13:09 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Anyone for November 8th???????

For what???

Pheasant hunting, Fencing, road trip with college girls?

I can't that day.  I'm watching Heat with Robert DeNiro and Al Pacino all day...
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 11:00:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Anyone up for SHOOTING on Nov.8th? Looking into outside ranges, if all else fails AF.
Maybe I should have started a new thread.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 12:19:33 PM EDT
[#13]
November 8th works for me, since the divorce, I lost my hunting area.  It was a tough decision to give up that hunting land up, but I didn't think the inlaws would want me coming around after breaking their daughters heart[long Jerry Springer story].
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 9:24:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Who thinks that is a sport fags. Drive a little ways for once and shoot at an out side range. It's $9.00 from 10:00 until 6:00 at Deltone as many guns as you want to bring.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 9:44:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Replace the word (that) with fenceing.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 9:38:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Hey guys, Come on out to the Del-Tone/Luth gun club here in St. Cloud. Remeber we are the future home of DPMS (see how the new building is progressing) and the home of the DPMS Tri-Gun Challenge. We have ranges out to 200 yards and have added 3 more short bays. I will bring out some steel targets and put up the target boards if you would like. Our sight in season is over for the most part, maybe a few last minute hunters. If the other bays are full I can section off one of the new bays for you. It is only $9 for the day as many guns as you want to bring. Our range officers are pretty cool and they actualy know what they are talking about when it comes to ar rifles. The club house is a great place to warm up in afterwards if it's cold out. We are also the home of Stubby Gear and Stu's Gunsmithing. If any of you have any questions, please feel free to call me at the club house.
Paulie
General Manager
Del-Tone/Luth Gun Club
320-251-9873
(I used to be the mod for DPMS until they shipped me up here)
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 7:27:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Paulie.......thanks for all the information and help............
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top