Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2021 5:52:48 PM EDT
My go-to Indy Honda mechanic has finally retired, it looks like. I need a recommendation for someone to do: Timing belt, tensioner and water pump on the wife's 2011 Honda Pilot 3.5 V6. Probably go ahead and do the serpentine belt and idler pulley, too, and adjust the valves.

Another Honda trained or experienced Honda mechanic preferred, or at least someone that knows the tips and tricks to these things- like using the correct 'Hondabond' sealant in very specific places on the valve-cover gasket...I can gather the oem Honda/Aisian parts myself if someone just wants to do the labor.

Any recommendations appreciated! I'm in the Louisville, area but willing to drive a bit (my old guy was in Taylorsville).
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 6:35:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I have used Autoworks of Louisville on Taylorsville Road.  They did my 100,000 timing belt upgrade on my Acura RL which is basically a fancy Honda.  :)   If I remember correctly he was almost $500 less than the Acura Dealer.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 10:57:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have used Autoworks of Louisville on Taylorsville Road.  They did my 100,000 timing belt upgrade on my Acura RL which is basically a fancy Honda.  :)   If I remember correctly he was almost $500 less than the Acura Dealer.
View Quote

Thanks- I’ll give them a call. I can’t even imagine what the dealer would charge for this job. I have the receipt from the shop that did it before we bought the Pilot-  they charged the previous owner $1,400 for the timing belt and water pump- didn’t use Honda or Asian parts, and didn’t replace the TB tensioner, which has failed after 60k miles, and why I’m having to do it all again.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 12:39:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I used D&C Auto in Berea. I know it's too far away for you OP, but if anyone nearby is reading this, it may be of some use.

I provided all of the parts and they did the work right at $300.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 12:21:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Check out Toyo Brothers... https://toyobrothers.business.site/#summary

This shop specializes in Toyota but I seen plenty of Honda in the lot. The guy that worked on my truck seen his initials on the engine... he installed a new timing belt back in 2005 while working at the dealership. Work that was priced at $659 + tax + shop fees at the dealer was $350 out the door.

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 3:16:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check out Toyo Brothers... https://toyobrothers.business.site/#summary

This shop specializes in Toyota but I seen plenty of Honda in the lot. The guy that worked on my truck seen his initials on the engine... he installed a new timing belt back in 2005 while working at the dealership. Work that was priced at $659 + tax + shop fees at the dealer was $350 out the door.

View Quote

Just swung by Toyo Brothers- super nice guy; he's going to call me with an estimate monday and said they could get to it next week. He's ok with me providing all of the parts, too.

...this is after I had another guy that does side-work tell me "call me next week" for the last month, so I think he just doesn't want to do it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 9:08:01 PM EDT
[#6]
My family has used Ocschner's Garage on Shelbyville for 15 or so years, on some seriously used cars, and always had great luck.  Even when my brother was an idiot with his Camry's.  I can't imagine they'd have an issue with Honda's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top