Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2018 8:42:08 PM EDT
Trump is coming back to Kentucky to rally for US Rep Andy Barr just like he said he would.

Capacity of the venue is just over 6,000.

I have 2 other big events going on that day but still want to go.

Sat, October 13, 2018

Richmond, KY
07:00 pm (EST)

DOORS OPEN 4:00PM (ET)
Alumni Coliseum
641 Eastern Bypass
Richmond, KY 40475

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/rallies/ky-oct-2018/?utm_medium=web&utm_source=djt_web&utm_content=rally_list
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 10:10:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I submitted for tickets.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 1:39:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll be there.

Saw an old SUV today in Clark county with a Trump sticker, Confederate flag sticker,... and a McGrath sticker.

We need Barr to win this.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 9:20:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Saw an old SUV today in Clark county with a Trump sticker, Confederate flag sticker,... and a McGrath sticker.
View Quote
....Yeah WTF is that ??!?!?

McGrath isn't going to vote for Trump's agenda!
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 11:02:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'll be there.

We need Barr to win this.
View Quote
Pills.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 12:59:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A lot of older people believe that since she is a veteran she supports God, Guns, and Country.  She does not.  I know 2 retired military guys who are having to argue with the fathers, trying to convince them not to vote for her just because she is a veteran.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 5:29:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
She does not.
View Quote
Absolutely correct.  Familiar with her background.  She comes from a family of flaming liberals - parents and siblings.  Do not vote for her if you want anything you have today.

Trump at EKU - best thing to happen there in... Ever

(besides meeting my wife there of course)
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 12:14:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm going.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 11:32:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Me and mine plan on going.

doors open at 4pm - what's a good time to be in line? Noon?
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 10:12:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Me and mine plan on going.

doors open at 4pm - what's a good time to be in line? Noon?
View Quote
Depends where you want to be during the rally.  The venue holds just over 6,000.  The floor areas are the last to fill but they also get you the closest.  Being on the floor 2 hours before doesn't get you much closer than being on the floor 1 hour before because most people opt for seats.

Expect the security line to take 45 minutes +- 15 minutes to go through.  Previously Trump was in Louisville and Cincinnati which have much large venues and populations.  I'm not sure what to expect from a Richmond crowd.  I don't see 15,000 people lining up to get into a 6,000 capacity venue but a lot of his other rallies were full with a screen setup outside so it is a possibility.  The minimum timeline I would use if you 100% want to get in, is be through the security line 1 hour before it starts.  Figure the security line takes 1 hour.  Exiting the interstate, parking, and walking could take 20 minutes due to the heavy traffic and a congested parking lot.  Get their early and the main parking lot should be open.  Get there an hour before and you might have to park further away in lots for other buildings.

I've tried to coordinate with a couple friends that asked and it seems most are backing out now or realizing they have other obligations.  I'm trying to get my final plans in place.  I would need to leave Georgetown by 4:30, which still isn't enough time with the plan I just described but I would still expect to get in and have a spot on the floor.  If anyone from Georgetown/Lexington needs a ride let me know.

The security line is supervised by the Secrete Service.  No pocket knives, umbrellas, tripods, or other items that could be used as a weapon or blunt instrument.  They are strictly business and work to move people through as fast as possible.

Looks like Exit 87 off of I-75 which will put you on the main road leading to the building.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 2:15:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Having gone to school there, if you expect a really large crowd, expect the bypass off the exit to Alumni to move very slow.  I'm sure there will be traffic control but it is still slow.  While you can get off at the "first" exit north of Richmond and come in that way, I personally would just go the main eastern bypass exit 87.  If I were you and meeting people coming for several different directions is to meet at the Dick's/TJMaxx, Meijers, etc. shopping center on the other side of the interstate.  Park all your cars there and take only one vehicle over to Alumni.  Have fun for anyone going.  Back in my day, I could have walked there from my dorm, but it has been so long that they demo'd my old dorm.

If you don't mind walking and traffic is really bad, you could park at Ollie's, just down and across the street and then walk up to Alumni.  Back when I was in school there, people used to go there when it was a grocery store and steal shopping carts and take them back to campus to help move stuff, so it is not that far away.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 5:24:06 AM EDT
[#11]
You may get a ticket by parking over at Ollie's. They started cracking down on non-shoppers parking over there after students started using it as an overfill lot.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 5:56:14 AM EDT
[#12]
There is already a guy on East Main and Collins with a tent selling Trump gear. Looked like he was doing a brisk business yesterday round lunch time.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 12:26:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Over flow crowd at Trump's latest rally.  My recommendation is still to be through the security line 1 hour before the rally starts.  So get there a minimum of 2 hours early.

Link Posted: 10/12/2018 8:52:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the input fellas. I am going to plan on getting there at noon or little before. We can sit in the truck and relax until we see a line start forming (if one is t already at rhat time).

Gonna be a long day, but that's part of it I guess.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 11:46:18 PM EDT
[#15]
I have volunteered to take an older lady that wants to attend the rally.  My plan is to be parked and in the security line by 5pm.  That should be early enough to get inside.  If for whatever reason the line is thousands of people long at 2pm could someone who is there early post that here so we can bump up our schedule.  I think my plan will be fine but she has never been to a rally and really wants to attend one.  So I want to make sure I can get her inside.

Also if anyone needs a ride, I've set a 4pm pickup time in Georgetown and have room for up to 5 more right now.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 11:53:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Yup, I'll post status updates when we get there
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 11:32:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Yup, I'll post status updates when we get there
View Quote
Do you still have my phone number from during the eclipse?  The number I have for you ends in 88.  I can text you once we get there and maybe we can finally meet up.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 1:13:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Sounds like it's going to be quite a crowd. Guess I'll need to head there soon myself.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 1:15:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Coliseum lot is closed. We parked across the street but it's filling up quick. Huge line already, probably 500-750 people.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 1:44:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Do you still have my phone number from during the eclipse?  The number I have for you ends in 88.  I can text you once we get there and maybe we can finally meet up.
View Quote
Yup
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 1:55:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Media is setting up.  I am not there yet but it gives everyone a good preview of the venue.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 1:59:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Media is saying 3,000 people waiting in line already.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 3:16:25 PM EDT
[#23]

This is crazy. Guess I'm not getting in...
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 4:32:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Anyone else in this line? Lucky me I got some liberals behind me, bleh.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 4:56:06 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm going to have to wish you all on well from the tire shop where I'm getting a plug done right now
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 5:00:13 PM EDT
[#26]
I got here about 15 minutes ago.  Near the end of the line.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 5:11:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Pm sent
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 5:32:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Pm sent
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pm sent
Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 5:34:32 PM EDT
[#29]
We just made it to the door
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 6:25:15 PM EDT
[#30]
SWIRE and I didn't get in, but at least we have a good view of the Jumbo Tron.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 10:06:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Trump motorcade arriving.  The people who made it inside did not get to see this.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 10:08:52 PM EDT
[#32]
None of the people pictured here were able to get inside.  It took us 2 hours to move to the point that we got to and the line was still just as long as it was when we got there.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 10:14:05 PM EDT
[#33]
This is the Trump crowd that stuck around after we all found out we were not getting in.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 10:29:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Adding an amazing photo.  In this picture you have Kentucky horses running in the 10th race at the Keeneland race track with Air Force One refueling in the background!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 9:19:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Adding an amazing photo.  In this picture you have Kentucky horses running in the 10th race at the Keeneland race track with Air Force One refueling in the background!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/680/trump_kentucky_keeneland_jpg-704685.JPG
View Quote
That could be an amazing picture. I hope you have a high res version for wall hanging.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 11:37:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
That could be an amazing picture. I hope you have a high res version for wall hanging.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/680/trump_kentucky_keeneland_jpg-704685.JPG
I wish I could take credit for that picture.  I was standing in line in Richmond when the picture was taken.  Hopefully the owner of the photo took steps to protect the rights to the image.  I would buy a high quality print of it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 12:20:29 PM EDT
[#37]
We were at BJs in Lexington yesterday and the waitress asked my daughter (wearing her pink MAGA cap) if we'd seen that AF1 pic.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 12:19:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I wish I could take credit for that picture.  I was standing in line in Richmond when the picture was taken.  Hopefully the owner of the photo took steps to protect the rights to the image.  I would buy a high quality print of it.  
View Quote
Ha...that was my wife's cousin. I'll email you his contact info.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 1:57:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Was there an "official" estimate of how many people were there (in/out)?  Same for the Bath County shindig?

(Sorry if I missed it, scrolling on phone w/o glasses...
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 12:22:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Was there an "official" estimate of how many people were there (in/out)?  Same for the Bath County shindig?

(Sorry if I missed it, scrolling on phone w/o glasses...
View Quote
Inside was 6,100.  Outside was at least 4,000 more.  No official number was released for outside.  The line when the door closed was the same length it was at 4:30pm. Anyone who got there after 1pm did not get in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top