Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2013 8:50:23 PM EDT
Does anyone have access to a welder that can help me out?  My garage doesn't have an outlet for my Tig welder and I need to weld my shotgun lifter before the Rockcastle match on Sunday.  It doesn't just bite me, my thumb actually gets trapped in the shot gun and I have to use 2 hands to unstick it.

Can anyone help me out?  If no one can help me do it or let me do it, does anyone know of a cheap welding shop that can do it for me tomorrow?

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 12:30:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Run extension cords from house to garage.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:26:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Run extension cords from house to garage.
View Quote

It's a 250v/50a plug and 75ft from the house to the garage.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:31:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Dustin, that's a pretty tricky thing to weld.  The angle has to be just right, the material is thin and burns easily.  Even most of the guys that build $2K race shotguns send the lifters to CRums to get them welded instead of doing it themselves.

How good are you w/ a welder?    It's a VersaMax, right?
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 6:22:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dustin, that's a pretty tricky thing to weld.  The angle has to be just right, the material is thin and burns easily.  Even most of the guys that build $2K race shotguns send the lifters to CRums to get them welded instead of doing it themselves.

How good are you w/ a welder?    It's a VersaMax, right?
View Quote

I'm really good with a Tig or Mig on steal or stainless.  I would think that a Mig might be tricky but doable.  I think a Tig would be the best route.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 2:50:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I would just suck it up for rockcastle and then send it off the C-rums and have it done right.  It is more of a task to get it to work right than just weld it over.  C-Rums does it right and it comes back working like it should.
Top Top