Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2013 8:50:23 PM EDT
Does anyone have access to a welder that can help me out?  My garage doesn't have an outlet for my Tig welder and I need to weld my shotgun lifter before the Rockcastle match on Sunday.  It doesn't just bite me, my thumb actually gets trapped in the shot gun and I have to use 2 hands to unstick it.

Can anyone help me out?  If no one can help me do it or let me do it, does anyone know of a cheap welding shop that can do it for me tomorrow?

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 12:30:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Run extension cords from house to garage.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:26:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Run extension cords from house to garage.
View Quote

It's a 250v/50a plug and 75ft from the house to the garage.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:31:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Dustin, that's a pretty tricky thing to weld.  The angle has to be just right, the material is thin and burns easily.  Even most of the guys that build $2K race shotguns send the lifters to CRums to get them welded instead of doing it themselves.

How good are you w/ a welder?    It's a VersaMax, right?
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 6:22:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dustin, that's a pretty tricky thing to weld.  The angle has to be just right, the material is thin and burns easily.  Even most of the guys that build $2K race shotguns send the lifters to CRums to get them welded instead of doing it themselves.

How good are you w/ a welder?    It's a VersaMax, right?
View Quote

I'm really good with a Tig or Mig on steal or stainless.  I would think that a Mig might be tricky but doable.  I think a Tig would be the best route.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 2:50:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I would just suck it up for rockcastle and then send it off the C-rums and have it done right.  It is more of a task to get it to work right than just weld it over.  C-Rums does it right and it comes back working like it should.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top