BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2002 7:28:15 PM EDT
Anyone else belong?

Link Posted: 12/30/2002 12:14:40 AM EDT
[#1]
KY-Bob,
I'm not currently a member but would be interested in knowing more about the club.
Chris
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 6:57:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey Chris,

Have you ever shot there? It is a really nice facility with a 200 yard "modern" rifle range, a 100 yard black powder and pistol/.22 rimfire range, and a multi acre lake. (can't remember the exact size right now). There are 3 trap lanes and a club house as well.

It is limited to 200 members and there is a short list each year left over from last year. Dues are decided by the membership each year. This year it was $80.00. There is a one-time, $30.00, refundable initiation fee.

If you have never been there I would be glad to meet you take you shooting.

I have met a few AR enthusiast while there that were members, but they have not shown up here yet.

Couple of other notes:  No night shooting, no hunting except with a bow, no full-auto. But, the bolt gunners do not sneer at you when you pull out the Ar's.

Bob
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 7:21:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Hi Bob (new name huh)

Where is the Fern Creek club located?

Do you think they would sneer at me, if I shot trap with my SPAS12?
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 7:50:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, new name. I thought AR15forfun was too long. Plus there were getting to be too many ar4me, arforme, and similar sounding names.

They would only sneer afterwords when you whipped thwm at trap!

The club is on Seatonville Road.

Bob
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 9:44:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hey Chris,

Have you ever shot there? It is a really nice facility with a 200 yard "modern" rifle range, a 100 yard black powder and pistol/.22 rimfire range, and a multi acre lake. (can't remember the exact size right now). There are 3 trap lanes and a club house as well.

It is limited to 200 members and there is a short list each year left over from last year. Dues are decided by the membership each year. This year it was $80.00. There is a one-time, $30.00, refundable initiation fee.

If you have never been there I would be glad to meet you take you shooting.

I have met a few AR enthusiast while there that were members, but they have not shown up here yet.

Couple of other notes:  No night shooting, no hunting except with a bow, no full-auto. But, the bolt gunners do not sneer at you when you pull out the Ar's.

Bob

Bob,
I am always up for shooting, just let me know. I need to buy another AR15 as the one I recently purchased was for my son who is an Army ROTC student at WKU. He will be taking the AR15 with him to BG around the 10th of January when he returns for spring semester. All of my other guns are in either BG or Allen county as this is where I usually hunt.
Chris
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 3:14:11 AM EDT
[#6]
That's right in my neighborhood!  I live in Fern Creek!  

Now if the new house weren't draining all my fun cash.....
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 3:39:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Miss Magnum! You don't need money, just ammo!
When did you become a moderator? Which forum? Man, I guess we will have to have celebrity billing for you on the Kyana Shoot posters.

I am willing to take any of you all shooting at the club anytime after this weekend. I have to work the Lexington gun show for the Kentucky Firearms Foundation on Saturday.

Bob

Link Posted: 1/3/2003 2:55:41 AM EDT
[#8]
I've been a mod on the handgun side for a long time.... they actually didn't ask me, just "assigned" me.... LOL  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top