Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2008 4:46:18 PM EDT
stopped by there last week, place has seen better days, they wanted 270 for a case of 1000 american eagle 9mm. Everything they had was off the hook expensive and interestingly the lady said the prices on the tags were all wrong and the prices had gone up. It looks like they haven't done any business in a long time.

I found this searching on google
BATF case
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 5:04:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Yea I went in there today and magically all their prices jumped MAJORLY. The lady behind the counter tried to BS me by saying that they just order a bunch of new stock and the prices were all up in many cases 90%. All the price tags for ammo were cut off and she said dont pay any attention to the mag prices they were 30 to 50 percent higher than marked.

Not a few weeks ago their prvi 55gr was 7.99/20 and 365/1000, today it was 11.99/20 515/1000

I quickly walked around and left. She must have known I was on to her cause I work near there and go stop in frequently, I always buy at least something.

If you ask them why they stipped selling guns, its because "the owner decided to get involved in other things" They really do think people are stupid, then run their business horribly, the lady sits in there and surfs the internet all day when she could be updating a website or marking things with the proper price. I dont give them too much longer.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 5:30:47 PM EDT
[#2]
sad...very sad...years ago when I was in Cinci, we'd pop down and they had decent stuff.

ah...well.....
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 7:55:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yea I went in there today and magically all their prices jumped MAJORLY. The lady behind the counter tried to BS me by saying that they just order a bunch of new stock and the prices were all up in many cases 90%. All the price tags for ammo were cut off and she said dont pay any attention to the mag prices they were 30 to 50 percent higher than marked.

Not a few weeks ago their prvi 55gr was 7.99/20 and 365/1000, today it was 11.99/20 515/1000

I quickly walked around and left. She must have known I was on to her cause I work near there and go stop in frequently, I always buy at least something.

If you ask them why they stipped selling guns, its because "the owner decided to get involved in other things" They really do think people are stupid, then run their business horribly, the lady sits in there and surfs the internet all day when she could be updating a website or marking things with the proper price. I dont give them too much longer.

Yesterday I was told $11.00/20.

Concur...I don't see them around too much longer.  I watched a younger fella get hosed when he purchased what I think was a Taurus standard capacity magazine. (~$60.00 I think)

The Springfield Armory accessory pack (3 magazines / magazine carrier) for the XD .45 ACP says on the case it's a $100.00 value.  Turns out that's the price (due to the current political situation).

Link Posted: 11/16/2008 2:33:05 PM EDT
[#4]
They were set up at the Louisville Gun Show at the end of September.  At that time, I bought several mags for the G19 and G23 at 18.00 and 20.00 each.  One of the fellows I see at the range told me they had increasd their prices when he stopped at their shop in mid Oct.  

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 4:47:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If you really knew why they weren't selling guns any longer, you'd understand the attitude.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 5:41:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you really knew why they weren't selling guns any longer, you'd understand the attitude.

we know why, they were selling guns off the books and doing other shady stuff and lost their FFL.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:08:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I hated to see them stop selling guns, but if you checked out their website for inventory it was Never Correct.  Sometimes it would a year or two before being updated.  I guess I am not suprised with the lack of detail on the books.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 12:51:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:we know why, they were selling guns off the books and doing other shady stuff and lost their FFL.

Again, I say that if you REALLY knew the answer, you'd understand.  The owners of KY Imports are very nice people that did not do what you state.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 2:13:02 PM EDT
[#9]
What happened with them then?  I have never even been there, but am curious now.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 5:49:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:we know why, they were selling guns off the books and doing other shady stuff and lost their FFL.

Again, I say that if you REALLY knew the answer, you'd understand.  The owners of KY Imports are very nice people that did not do what you state.

I didn't state anything, the BATF stated they found multiple issues where the owner of the FFL for KY imports did not do what they were supposed to do and revoked the FFL. Such as not reporting 79 guns as lost or stolen, and that their bound book was over 60 days behind. They lost their FFL and lied to their customers. When I as well as others I know asked why they stopped selling guns the owner and his wife both said "because with all the online retailers they aren't profitable any longer for us, so we ahve decided to move to accessories and ammunition". BULLSHIT, they have the same tired junk in the store as they had years ago at inflated prices.
    If this isn't what happened what is this "real story" you keep mentioning?
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:27:19 PM EDT
[#11]
bottom line is guns are missing as stated in the report,

seems to me the only question is whether the owners, or the employee (son) sold them/hid them/whatever...off the books (as stated in the report),

those are the facts in the report ..and that their bookkeeping on gun transactions was horrible (again stated in the report)

If guns were stolen by others and their bookkeeping was good enough to notice it, there would have been a proper police report filed (as required).

Seems as if those are the facts irregardless of how nice the owners are.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 10:04:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:11:18 PM EDT
[#13]
No, the same owner still owns it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:13:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Yea not the most helpful lady ive ever met.. prices were rediculas to boot.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:05:39 PM EDT
[#15]
LOL
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 9:12:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Because at the last Louisville show they were at, the man and woman behind the table acted like assholes.

That's interesting.  There were different people working their booth over the course of the two days, so I'm not sure who the people you speak of were.  When I bought a few mags from them at that show, they were very nice.  Maybe we dealt with different people.

Jeff
Active Ears
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 1:42:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top