Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2007 4:22:36 PM EDT
The UDF at 25 & 536 was robbed at 3 AM according to the news.  Clerk gave the guy all her register money as he threatened to shoot her if she didn't comply.  Cops later apprehended the man and found he did not even have a gun on him.  Word is though, he's still facing an armed robbery charge because he did threaten to shoot the girl.

I am glad they found the guy and he was arrested.  So the "threat of firearm use" holds just as much weight as him physically wielding one.

Wouldn't that be assault?  The threat, I mean.  Or will this man be charged with usage of a firearm in a crime and have that 3 year mandatory put on top of his sentence?

Just wondering how the law works here.  Any NKY LEOs with info on how these things are handled?  

Link Posted: 11/29/2007 4:52:14 PM EDT
[#1]
udf ?  

sorry what IS udf ?
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 5:45:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, I was scraping my ears out myself on my way to work.  Yes, I heard this on the radio on the way to work.  It was robbed a couple nights ago. (I think Tues/Wed. 3 AM but don't quote me).  They said the guy is still being charged for armed robbery.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 2:16:35 AM EDT
[#3]
WTF is UDF?
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 2:11:44 PM EDT
[#4]
United Dairy Farmers. And I have no idea if they can charge him with armed robbery when he wasn't technically armed. robbery in the first degree, however seems like a good one, "threatens immediate use of a dangerous instrument" while not stating whether there has to be a weapon at all. Might depend on caselaw.

mfn
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 6:04:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Someone told me he can be charged but it probably will not stick.  So, robbery in the first degree is the lesser charge in this case (or would that be the more fitting charge)?
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 12:07:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Hell with the $$$,UDF makes the absolute,best milkshakes around. Dumbass,you can get cash anywhere.......

Don't drink the chocolate milk,it's addictive and will make you fat!
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 4:19:31 PM EDT
[#7]
j

Quoted:
Hell with the $$$,UDF makes the absolute,best milkshakes around. Dumbass,you can get cash anywhere.......

Don't drink the chocolate milk,it's addictive and will make you fat!

Where is this place?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top