Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2007 7:01:55 AM EDT
Does anyone know of an approved Florida non-resident CHL course in the Fort Knox/Louisville Area? I'm military and move constantly so my wife and I can't keep up with redoing our resident CHLs every 2-3 years. I'm thinking this would be the best way to go.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:36:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I will call the KY CCDW admin tomorrow and see if a KY CCDW isntrcutor can teach the FLorida approved class. I will post here when I find out.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:14:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. I went to a range yesterday and asked that question, you would have thought I asked it in Latin by the look I got.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:28:23 PM EDT
[#3]
What range did you ask at by chance? I called and left a message and will try again tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:33:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I asked at Blue Grass Range in Louisville. The guy behind the desk went and got the main guy who who handles the classes, but he also didn't have the answer. I could tell no one had asked that question before as even a LEO who was there shooting had never heard of such a thing.

I did go ahead and break-in the new M&P 45. Man, is it a sweet running pistol. The range is good and employees friendly. I will be going back, I just think the question was just out of the normal throught process for them.

Thanks for checking up on it!
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 3:04:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Another call and another message left. The KY CCDW program is based on the Florida one. I looked through the wording and your best bet would be to contact the FL CCDW department and ask them if the KY CCDW course will suffice for them.

Check that, I did some googling and from what I have found YES a Ky CCDW certification will allow you to get a FL non-resident CCW permit. I am also under the impression that a copy of you dd-214 will also cover the reqs as well. I would call and ask to confirm, but I am pretty sure you are already qualified for a FL CCW permit if you are military. Contact Info

Good Luck!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top