Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2006 4:55:56 AM EDT
I usually make it for the miltary show (first one I have missed in 6 years) but just couldn't get away due to many obligations. I heard reports yesterday that between the military show, gun show, and car show...it was PACKEDDDDD.

Dealers I know say they aren't going back because they got there decently early and they had to park a mile away.

Anyone go? Report?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:16:20 AM EDT
[#1]
From Centerfire Systems: Pam, Jayne and I were at the show.  The crowd was incredible.  Parking was another story.  NGD in Feb. is my favorite gun show to attend.  

Lois
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:55:47 AM EDT
[#2]
The last one I attended that was in with the car show, some of the car show exhibitors parked their trailers in the lot where the gun show dealers usually parked. It was the Mess of Messes. This was probably 3 years ago.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:59:14 AM EDT
[#3]
good to see you here Lois,
I stop by and pick up stuff at Centerfire off and on

great prices usually
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:55:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Lois, where was your booth, I looked for you guys, but never did find you?

Michael
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:35:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I heard reports yesterday that between the military show, gun show, and car show...it was PACKEDDDDD.

+1 on that.  I went at about 11:00 on Saturday.  Parking was nuts, and an absolutly unbelievable amount of people in the show.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:52:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I heard reports yesterday that between the military show, gun show, and car show...it was PACKEDDDDD.

+1 on that.  I went at about 11:00 on Saturday.  Parking was nuts, and an absolutly unbelievable amount of people in the show.

We probably walked in about the same time.  I came at just the right time though as they had just opened the grass lot that was fairly close.

I couldn't find Centerfires table either.  Was it marked with a different banner.  I went for one purpose.  Double Star stripped lower and then to head over to J&T for a stripped upper and LPK.

I actually found a Double Star "Pistol" lower.  After milling around thinking about I made my offer.  He countered and I took it.  Then matched it to an upper, excellent fit BTW, at J&T.  I'm building a pistol so I bumped myself on the price because it was exactly what I wanted.

There were some CRAZY prices on stripped lowers.  DPMS for $160.  HESSE for $140, and that one was offered by a guy who "couldn't recollect" if it would mate to a standard upper.  HUH??  Well at least he knows his product.

It was alright.  Mainly because I found what I wanted.  I probably won't do anymore shows except Knob Creek.  That's more my style.  I love the "pole barn".
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:29:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Centerfire Systems only sets up at Knob Creek.  We did set up a table with a banner for our auction site.    Jayne, Pam and myself were there.  

Lois
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:43:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I was talked into going...IMO..it sucked. More and more junk on tables, outragous prices and general pricks behind the tables. Too much junk surplus and hunting guns.

Last $5 to park and $10 to get in I spend. I find the Tri-state shows more fun. I went to the Tri-State at Seymour and I have never seen so many guns and so much money exchanging hands. I did not see that at NGD. I have gotten 2 1911's at Tri-State shows, both much better deals than at a NGD. Not to mention, face-to-face deals, no dealers to hump you over.

Ron Dickson can FOAD.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:12:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Which ones are the good ones to go too?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top