Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 7:31:10 PM EDT
[#1]
They need to get the death penalty and actually carry it out.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 7:05:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Wasn’t this guy “out” of work on some sort of injury claim?
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 7:46:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Whole lot going on with this story. Guy got weapons and explosives charges filed against him as well.
https://www.wfsb.com/2022/04/29/new-canaan-officer-due-court-explosives-weapons-charges/

29-348   ILL POSSESSION OF EXPLOSIVES   U   Felony   1   4/26/2022      
29-349(b)   ILL USE EXPLOSIVES WO PERMIT   U   Felony   1   4/26/2022      
53-202c   IL POSS ASSAULT WPN (EXCEPTION   A   Misdemeanor   1   4/26/2022      
29-37i   FLR STOR FIREARM RE:MINOR ACCS      Violation   1   4/26/2022      
29-33*   IL TRANSFR/PURCH PISTL/REVOLVR   C   Felony   1   4/26/2022      

And he previously filed a racial discrimination lawsuit against New Canaan...
https://www.ncadvertiser.com/news/article/New-Canaan-police-officer-files-racial-16379403.php
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 11:50:14 AM EDT
[#4]
My wife and I adopted our dog from a shelter when he was still a few months old puppy. He ended up in a shelter because he was abused and mistreated by the previous owner. He's been living best and most spoiled life ever since we adopted him.

Realistically, they will get slap on their wrist. "Assault weapon" charges are the only reason that dude may see some prison time, but even then we are looking potentially at less than 5 years. I mean just look at this ridiculously low bond - $150k. What is that, a joke? $15k out of pocket? That's nothing for a business owner. It's a new car or truck down payment.

Animal cruelty needs to carry felony charges. I'm surprised CT out of all places is not pushing for it. Pretty sure lawmakers on both sides would pass changes to the law easily.

On the positive side, their faces are all over the news, people now know who they are. None of them will be able to hold regular job ever again, because charges will always come up on their background check along with news publicity. They will be flipping fries at McDonald's if lucky.

Edit: Looks like the bond is $250k so $25k out of pocket. Still too low in my opinion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top