Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2021 10:18:34 AM EDT
I heard on the radio this morning that as many as 12,000 Afghans are going to be placed in Connecticut.

I searched for it on the internet, but I didn't find anything with that number.  One article said 700 families.

Has anyone seen any information about this?

How many?  Where?
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 12:09:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I heard a few days ago that our welcoming committee is getting ready to setup families in Bridgeport and New Haven. The number they floated was 1000 refugees
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 1:27:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm sure His Excellency King Ned would love that many, but the US only got 40k people out. A quarter of them going to one tiny state seems unlikely.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 2:30:06 PM EDT
[#3]
You guys are terrible. I am sure they will assimilate, learn the language, and become productive and producing members of society in short order. Jeez....
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 8:28:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You guys are terrible. I am sure they will assimilate, learn the language, and become productive and producing members of society in short order. Jeez....
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:42:49 AM EDT
[#5]
How many with their "child brides"?
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:57:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How many with their "child brides"?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:36:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Taliban picture with CSP hat

I just read the article. The Taliban are in serious trouble and possibly facing a $250 fine.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:18:02 AM EDT
[#9]
LOL so who gets the $250 fine the person who gave or left the hat or are they going to issue the fine to the Taliban?

https://www.cga.ct.gov/current/pub/chap_529.htm#sec_29-6a

Sec. 29-6a. Use of official hat and insignia of state police. (a) The Commissioner of Emergency Services and Public Protection shall cause to be filed with the Secretary of the State a drawing or photograph and a worded description of the official hat and insignia to be worn by state policemen while on duty.

(b) Thereafter, no policeman shall wear or use in public such official hat or insignia, or any imitation, reproduction or facsimile thereof, except a duly appointed member of the Division of State Police within the Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection authorized by the Commissioner of Emergency Services and Public Protection to wear such hat or insignia.

(c) Any person who violates the provisions of this section shall be fined not more than two hundred fifty dollars.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 6:36:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top