Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2007 5:37:16 PM EDT
I've found these guys may have the lowest price I've seen on Vector Uzi Carbines and would like to know if anyone here has had dealings with them and if they've been positive or negative.

Any info would be appreciated,
Scott
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 9:07:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I used to go there a lot in college--since then they have greatly expanded with quite the assorment of military style firearms.. I'd hope that was a good sign The owner seemed like a decent guy. But it's also been two years now since I last was there...almost five years since I was in college.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 7:37:28 PM EDT
[#2]
They had a good write up in SGN early this year by Dave Fortier. The description of the place makes it sound like a must see store. 8500 sq feet, two levels. plenty of mil-surp gear, ammo, NFA stuff. The pics in the article look really cool too.(lots of evil black rifles visible)
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 10:28:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I too read that article and got the same feeling.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:27:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Not sure but MMS may be the same guy who does the Fryeburg Fair.  I can't rmember exactly.  He has his big tent right outside my buidling.  I only escaped this year with a feece jacket.  Last year I was not so lucky and ended up going home with MUCH more loot!!

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 4:59:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Is this the same military surplus store that was there in the '90's? If I remember correctly it was like a big red barn. Same place?

If not, where excatly is it? I still get up that way a few times a year, it sounds like I should stop in.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:57:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Maine Military isn't bad. Friendly staff and the owner seems like a good guy. They have some decent deals on alot of surplus stuff. When they first opened their firearm prices were very fair, but in the past year or two the prices have gone up on firearms and ammo alike. They offer bottom dollar on trades so I wouldn't bother trading there.  Occasionally you can catch a good deal on a sale they have. Last time I was there they didn't have the Vector in stock. You can call and see if they can order it, however.

Other than that I try to get there once or twice a month just to look. I have bought alot of hunting stuff there. They are located on Wilson Street in brewer. Not a red barn type building. It's just before the I-395 exit, on Wilson square, can't miss it.

IM me if you have any additional questions.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 4:18:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the input.  I called a week or two back and they don't have any Vectors.  Not surprising considering Vector doesn't have any Vectors either.

Oh well, I'll just keep calling back and I'm glad to hear the consensus is positive regarding Maine Military.

Thanks again,
Scott
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top