Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2006 8:30:19 AM EDT
i am wanteing to get a few suppressors for some weapons but unsure on Maine state law

any forms to fill out
any fee's to pay
and legal issues?

thank you
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:52:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Just the normal Class three stuff. Pick up a copy of Small Arms Review at Barnes and Noble. In the back...there's a list of Class III dealers in Maine...I'm sure one is some what near where you live.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:34:04 AM EDT
[#2]

ME is about as Title II friendly as they come. normal paperwork will get the job done. if you are making, call the ATF and they will send you a packett of all the paperwork you need. if you are buying, drop the money and the dealer will help you out with the papers.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:18:48 AM EDT
[#3]
so if i want to buy one i should just go to a local dealer and he should have the papers to help me? or do i have to find a Class 3 dealer?

so find a dealer who will help with paperwork
and also have him order me one

no if i do this do i have to wait awhile for ATF or anything?

thanks

ALOS WHAT COMPANY MAKESA GOOD SUPRESSOR FOR .22 AND 9MM  MY GUESS IS I WILL HAVE TO BUY TWO DIFFERENT ONES RIGHT? I WOULD LIKE A CHEAPER VERSION TO START WITH!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:37:10 PM EDT
[#4]
It takes a little while for the paperwork to be processed with the BATF or whoever.  I think you can order what you want and it will be shipped to your Class 3 dealer, then when the paperwork comes back you can go get it.  There is a dealer in Sanford, ME who is usually at the gunshows.  They were at the Augusta show last August.  They have EVERYTHING you might want and will help with paperwork too.  Fullauto, suppressors, SBR's, etc.  The .22caliber suppressor is different than the 9mm so far as I know.  No knowledge of who makes a good one or cheap one or whatever.  

See ya!

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:18:07 PM EDT
[#5]
good deal i will contact some dealers and go talk with them and hopefully i can get my SBR, and supressor papers started, also
I HAVE ONE MORE QUESTION!

in maine is it hard to get your Full Auto lisence? i mean i have if i had a speeding ticket would they frown i have no idea how strict they are when they issue these things? and do they exspire? i have no felony's or anything like that juts a speeding ticket haha, any comments would be appriciated, would like to join the FAL team

thanks guys for all the help
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:07:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

ALOS WHAT COMPANY MAKESA GOOD SUPRESSOR FOR .22 AND 9MM  MY GUESS IS I WILL HAVE TO BUY TWO DIFFERENT ONES RIGHT? I WOULD LIKE A CHEAPER VERSION TO START WITH!

SWR Warlock(rumored to be the quietest) and Gemtech Outback II's are excellent .22 cans.   SWR QD3-K is a nice one. There are a few good ones from  Advanced Armament( AAC)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top