Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 3:37:30 PM EDT
I would like to go down and go shooting at my father in laws clay pit in CT. I want to bring my ARs but they are not CT ban legal. Would I be breaking laws if I brought my rifles down to CT for a weekend of shooting? I live in ME and my rifles are legal up here so I dont know if where im a ME resident it would be legal to shoot down in CT. Thanks in advance for any answers.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:39:19 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I want to bring my ARs but they are not CT ban legal. Would I be breaking laws if I brought my rifles down to CT for a weekend of shooting?

If your rifles are built with evil features and do not comply with CT law, they cannot visit.

I live in ME and my rifles are legal up here so I dont know if where im a ME resident it would be legal to shoot down in CT. Thanks in advance for any answers.

Semi-auto rifles must be in a "post-ban" configuration, just like the time during the Fed Ban.  The ban never expired here in CT.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:00:15 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I want to bring my ARs but they are not CT ban legal. Would I be breaking laws if I brought my rifles down to CT for a weekend of shooting?

If your rifles are built with evil features and do not comply with CT law, they cannot visit.

I live in ME and my rifles are legal up here so I dont know if where im a ME resident it would be legal to shoot down in CT. Thanks in advance for any answers.

Semi-auto rifles must be in a "post-ban" configuration, just like the time during the Fed Ban.  The ban never expired here in CT.

the only exception is for pre-94 non-colt ARs, those can be evil.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:50:48 AM EDT
[#3]
You can bring evil rifles and others into the state, ONLY IF going to a Organized or competitive event.

Weve had HK shoots at Wooster Mountain in Danbury a few times, Talking a dozen people or so, and 3-6 from out of state., organized 2-3 months out.

Here is the info, But I would call the State, dont want you getting into any trouble.

From Packing.org.

"Car/Gun law summary
Date updated: Aug 27, 2005 @ 1:59 pm

Sec. 29-38. Weapons in vehicles. Any person who knowingly has, in any vehicle owned, operated or occupied by him, any weapon for which a proper permit has not been issued as provided in section 29-28 or section 53-206, or has not registered such weapon as required by section 53-202, as the case may be, shall be fined not more than one thousand dollars or imprisoned not more than five years or both, and the presence of any such weapon in any vehicle shall be prima facie evidence of a violation of this section by the owner, operator and each occupant thereof. (You must have a Connecticut CCW to carry a handgun in a vehicle.)

The Following information was taken from the "Board of Firearms Permit Examiners Website"

Q43. May a non-resident of Connecticut transport handguns in this state when he comes into (or goes through) Connecticut when taking part in pistol competitions (in or out of Connecticut) or when attending any meeting or exhibition of any organized collectors' group (in or out of Connecticut)?
A. Yes, but only if and while he or she meets EACH of the following requirements:
(1) Is a bona fide resident of the United States.
(2) Holds a valid permit or license to carry a firearm issued by another state, city, town, etc., within the United States.
(3) The purpose is strictly as stated above.

Note:Weapon should be stored unloaded, in a locked container, not accessible to the passengers in the vehicle"

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:59:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Mountain - I have spoken to SLFU a few times about assualt weapons coming into the state.  For a non-licensee, there are no exceptions or exemptions.  The statute you cited and the FAQ from the BFPE deals specifically with possession and transportation of handguns without a permit.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:28:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Well that just sucks! Oh well, it would of been a good time but thanks to stupid politics it wont happen. Thanks to all for info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top