Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2005 8:04:06 PM EDT
Is it okay to bring a SAR1 into CT for use on a range if you are a NY state resident?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:07:57 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Is it okay to bring a SAR1 into CT for use on a range if you are a NY state resident?

SAR1 is 7.62x39, right?  If so, it is a no-go and cannot visit CT.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:16:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Not even for use at a range?

If i ever move into CT can I register it?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:26:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Not even for use at a range?

Nope.  CT has no provisions for non-res AW possession, registration or recreation.

If i ever move into CT can I register it?

Registration closed 01OCT03 for previously possessed AK type rifles.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:56:15 AM EDT
[#4]
A saiga 12 gauge would be able to visit CT though because it is a different caliber, or not the 7.62x39 caliber?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:16:09 AM EDT
[#5]
AK-type rifles not chambered in 7.62x39 are fine to visit and possess in CT, providing they adhere to the other provisions of the state AWB (post-ban config).  So, no other evil features beyond that of a pistol grip, you are good to go.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 2:45:09 PM EDT
[#6]
The Morons in Hartford decided that the SAR1 was evil! So they banned it and prohibited the sale of the SAR1 effective May 2002. We had until Oct 1, 2003 to register our SAR1 otherwise we had to sell it out of state or perminately disable the gun. I walked into the Dept of Public Safety and registered mine on Sept 30, 03. Here's the rub the Ass Clowns banned the Ak type weapons in7.62x39 sooooo SAR2 and SAR3 are legal since they are not 7.62x39. The Federal AWB expiration is coming up on it's 1st anniversary in a few days and I haven't heard of Assault Weapons being sold on the streets in other states where the AWB expired like the gun grabbers had been saying before the AWB went away would happen. Maybe we can convince our legislature to ammend the ban, wishfull thinking on my part. I sure would like to own a Colt AR manufactured in my own state instead on a neutered match target. Living down South is looking better and better every day.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 2:52:33 PM EDT
[#7]
By the way, when I registered the SAR1 it took the State over a month to sent me a certificate of possession of an assault weapon even though I legally purchased the gun and had all the paper work.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:43:27 PM EDT
[#8]

I sure would like to own a Colt AR manufactured in my own state instead on a neutered match target. Living down South is looking better and better every day.

OMG isnt that the truth its such BS that you can buy a 6920 dirt cheap just about any where except the state that thier built it! Or a JLD PTR-91 KP, or anything 762x39? WTF I can have 762x51, but not 39 Its just retarted.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:55:01 PM EDT
[#9]
wow- and I thought Mass sucked...the only limitation in Mass is flash hiders and bayo lugs and folding stocks.... the magazine issue is easily circumvented and most shops in mass sell them knowing they have been brought into the state illegally...
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:04:37 PM EDT
[#10]
What calibers are the SAR2 and SAR3?

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:35:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What calibers are the SAR2 and SAR3?

5.45 and 5.56.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:43:19 AM EDT
[#12]
One other thing! The only way I found out about the ban on the SAR1 was on the internet.  There have been a few people who heard about the ban too late an couldn't register their guns. A few weeks ago someone had a SAR1 for sale in the Bargain News , guess that guy didn't know about any ban!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:54:17 PM EDT
[#13]

By the way, when I registered the SAR1 it took the State over a month to sent me a certificate of possession of an assault weapon even though I legally purchased the gun and had all the paper work.

I'm still waiting for mine
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top