Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2004 12:00:34 AM EDT
So I'm looking to purchase my first AR-15 type now that the AWB should sunset but I have questions. I would like to buy the LEO (Law Enforcement) version of the Colt M4 (16in barrel) but am wondering if this is considered legal in CT. I know Colt AR-15 and Sporter are considered illegal because they are listed by name on the list of banned assault weapons. Is the LEO M4 patrolman's type rifle that doesn't specifically say AR-15 or Sporter on the gun make it legal to own in CT?
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:28:10 AM EDT
[#1]
You can buy the "Colt M4 Match Target" for around $1000.00.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:26:00 AM EDT
[#2]
So are flash suppressors and the other elements of evil ok? I cant get through at CSP SLFU.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:29:15 AM EDT
[#3]
In order to make your rifle fully "evil", you will need a PREBAN LOWER that isn't on the ban list. (IE. NOT Marked AR15 or Sporter).

It still needs to be a preban to use preban features.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:57:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, but what if you wanna add a collapseable stock and a flash supressor. to a weapon, say a 10-22? The law makes no mention to the parts. Still cant get through.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:26:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yeah, but what if you wanna add a collapseable stock and a flash supressor. to a weapon, say a 10-22? The law makes no mention to the parts. Still cant get through.

In order to make your rifle fully "evil", you will need a PREBAN LOWER that isn't on the ban list. (IE. NOT Marked AR15 or Sporter).

It still needs to be a preban to use preban features.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:07:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for your help guys. I'm a first timer to firearms so this will be my first purchase. If a colt doesn't say "AR-15" or "Sporter" on it, is it legal in CT? Next question is an important one for me, say I can find a Bushmaster preban M4, what do I need to do to legally own it? Am I able to register it legally and have the collapsable stock and A2 flash supressor? Can I buy a preban Bushy from out of state and register it in CT? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:09:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Jack, if your Bushmaster lower was built prior to 9/94, you can have the evil features.  The State still considers it an assault weapon, but seeing as how it is not a Colt AR15 or Sporter, it is not subject to registration or prohibited from transfer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top