Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2004 5:37:56 AM EDT
I have a few questions that need to be answered hopefully by somebody who knows the Connecticut laws. After the AWB sunsets, can I put a Vortex Suppressor and collapsable stock on my M4? I have asked some of the "clerks" at a few of the gun stores I frequent and they do not even know! Any info would be great.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:07:06 PM EDT
[#1]
The AWB does not apply to CT. Your Suppressor has to be pinned and your buttstock has to be fixed.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:14:39 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:35:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I spoke with a reputable Colt gunsmith yesterday who is up on all this stuff or so he seems. All compensators have to be pinned, and no collapsable stocks. He said his phone has not stopped ringing!!! Does anyone know where we can find the exact law for the State of Connecticut?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:16:36 AM EDT
[#4]
O.K. guys....First there is nothing stated in the CT AWB that bans colapsable stocks, FH's, etc.  The ban list certain weapons that are banned by name not by features as the federal AWB does.   You also cannot register a assault weapon in CT if you move there with it, inherit it get it for free, or already had it, etc.  You have to either make it inoperatable or turn it in the the authorities. (sucks ass don't it?)  Check this link out, there you will find all the info you need.  CT AWB

If you click on the link (assault weapons list) once on the DPS website you will see that the Colt AR-15 and Sporter are named by name, it does not say AR-15 "type" (as of yet anyway), so if you buy a Bushmaster or RRA rifle after the AWB sunset and it has the "evil" features it is perfectly legal here in good 'ol communist CT.  Any AR-15 type rifle is legal here and readily available, as long as it does'nt say Colt "AR-15" or Colt "Sporter" on the side.  Take advantage of this now while you can still get these rifles, I'm sure in the not so distant future CT will add the word "type" the the ban. They have already added language to the ban to cover the many AK rifle variants (Maadi, MAK-90, SAR-1, Etc.)
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:31:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I cannot believe the confusion over this.!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:37:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:29:47 PM EDT
[#7]
let me clarify. Flash SUPPRESSOR is still not legal in CT. You need a recoil compensator, or a FAKE flash suppressor. That then needs to be permanently fixed to the barrel. collapsible buttstock needs to be fixed in place. Bayonet lug is a no no. Yes, in CT we are still FU*&^%. At least we get hi cap mags.

if you can find a pre-ban receiver/ rifle that was registered in CT as a AW, then you can have that in pre ban config as long as you also register it.
Contact  CT State Police special weapons and licensing unit for further details
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:57:20 PM EDT
[#8]
So any type of muzzle break or compensator that gets "pinned" is ok?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:33:49 PM EDT
[#9]
prebans are exempt from registration, provided they are not colt which were banned by name and had to have been registered prior to the ban, all other preban are legal!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:25:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:02:11 AM EDT
[#11]
I hope this helps with some of the confusion. No where in here do I see "flash suppressor" or "collapsable stock" in reference to an M4. If you think we got it bad move to New York State.

http://www.nra-ila.org/GunLaws/StateLaws.aspx?ST=CT
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:22:01 AM EDT
[#12]
http://www.cga.state.ct.us/2001/pub/Chap943.htm#sec53-202a.htm

Scroll down and you wil find "assault weapons"
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:59:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Please look at the other threads in the New England Forum, we've been over this a number of times.  

Thanks.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top