Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2003 1:17:04 PM EDT
I am going to be putting my house on the market in a week or so in Massachusetts, and am looking for a detached condo, or house, in Southern NH, preferably around Pelham, Hudson, Merrimack, Windham, or Nashua.

I've heard lately that Salem police have been getting a little less friendly about CCW permits lately, and though Nashua will probably have th most detached condo/House choices, I wonder if the Nashua police are getting more "Massachusetts" in their attitude, or are still good guys?

Also any suggestions on condo complexes appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 2:46:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Most of the "working stiff" cops are good guys in Nashua. The ones that run the show however are political pricks in a heavily democratic city. Though the mayor is a republican he is really a rino.
That said, as long as you have a clean bill of health - legalwise - they have to issue you a permit.
As far as gun stores in Nashua - nope, none. A city of 90,000 and you have to leave town to purchase a pistol[:9!].

S-I
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 3:33:29 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Most of the "working stiff" cops are good guys in Nashua. The ones that run the show however are political pricks in a heavily democratic city. Though the mayor is a republican he is really a rino.
That said, as long as you have a clean bill of health - legalwise - they have to issue you a permit.
As far as gun stores in Nashua - nope, none. A city of 90,000 and you have to leave town to purchase a pistol[:9!].

S-I

Having to leave a town that size to buy a gun, just isn't right!
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:38:24 PM EDT
[#3]
hi ed, my name is don and i live over in salem. i'm not sure where you heard that salem was less than permit freindly, but nothing could be further than the truth.my brother is a cop in town, and i was asking him quite a few questions as i was going for mine. my brother said that they gave them out like candy.
about 10 years ago, i had a bit of a party and the cops came for loud music. some pot was smoked and i got the ticket because my name was on the lease. that conviction is still on my record but i have a new permit in my wallet anyways, if that's any indication for you.
as a matter of fact, i recently met the new chief when he signed off on a form 1 to put a short barrel on my uzi. the chief was himself into guns even though he comes to us from hartford,ct. like myself, the chief is also into aviation, so we talked it up for a bit. we have no real gunshops in town anymore, but pelham has 2or 3,derry has at least 2, plaistow at least 2,so there are plenty just one town away in almost any direction. if you look around, some of salem is still a great place to live, but i must acknowlege that it is pretty shitty for traffic till you learn the back roads, and there really isn't anywhere to shoot in town anymore.pelhan rod and gun is only 15 minutes away and they rival nashua as the best club in the southern part of the state (new 600yrd range)
all that and no answer about nashua, just a thumbs up for salem gun friendliness.
 congrats on your escape, i lived down in medford til '71.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:11:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
congrats on your escape, i lived down in medford til '71.

No shit! (pronounced, 'Meffa'). That's where I've been living (stuck) for the past two years. I was living in Somerville for 12 years before that.

That's nice hearing about the Salem police chief. I'd move there in a second if my job allowed it. I'm a firefighter and while the higher-ups look the other way if any of us live
more than 25 miles away from the job (dept rule), there's no way they'd allow me to live out of state and still work in MA... even though it would only add 20-30 minutes more to my commute.

Oh well, 12 more years and I'm out of this Liberal Gulag.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 10:30:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Nashua & Merrimack are not a problem getting NFA CLEO sign offs along with carry permits.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 4:10:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies, guys.

And GunsandPlanes, the XB-70 is in my top 3 favorite planes, only the A-4 and F-86 top it in my book.  XB70 wins for cool, but I love a simple plane.  The New Mexico National Guard still had a working F-86 as of a few years back.

I'm actually a member of Pelham, and look fwd to the 600 yard range opening, but mostly shoot at the 100 yard utility range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top