Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2011 7:06:42 PM EDT
I got a set of double-diamond 1911 rosewood grips online a few years back..fellow had a business on north May..OKC

Don't recall the guy's name..nice set of grips for a reasonable price..any ideas who I may have got these from?
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 7:19:48 PM EDT
[#1]
cool gun stuff?

isn't that the name of the gun accessory shop in the back room of a computer/electronics shop?
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 7:38:49 PM EDT
[#2]
You are right, but I have always know it as http://www.villagetactical.com/

I think you're looking for Andy
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 8:33:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep that's him...does he have a retail store..you know..a store store..one you can walk into and buy shit?..
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 9:17:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yep that's him...does he have a retail store..you know..a store store..one you can walk into and buy shit?..

You could always call and ask.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 4:44:05 PM EDT
[#5]
yep. andy glunt> g&h computers> village tactical> cool gun stuff.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 5:36:31 PM EDT
[#6]
OP missed the hometown forum grip project :p
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:46:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No I seen the Spiegel grips..pretty cool..

I think the set I got from 'Cool Gun Stuff' are cocabola. I got those on my Springfield Armory Milspec(replace factory gray)...I have full checkered walnut on my Sistema Colt(replaced GI brown plastic)...The Rem I got Monday came with decent double diamonds on it..not as nice as the Spiegels will be I bet...but good enough for a truck-gun..
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:09:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No I seen the Spiegel grips..pretty cool..

I think the set I got from 'Cool Gun Stuff' are cocabola. I got those on my Springfield Armory Milspec(replace factory gray)...I have full checkered walnut on my Sistema Colt(replaced GI brown plastic)...The Rem I got Monday came with decent double diamonds on it..not as nice as the Spiegels will be I bet...but good enough for a truck-gun..

Should have got a Ruger!
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:16:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Ehh...never liked my 1911pistols with medallions in the grips...Looks to me like Ruger's got medallions stuck in that otherwise pretty wood.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:03:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Ehh...never liked my 1911pistols with medallions in the grips...Looks to me like Ruger's got medallions stuck in that otherwise pretty wood.

imagine that sentence will keep Dan's attention to the grips on a ruger 1911 for a bit more
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:04:43 AM EDT
[#11]
I think the little 'message' engraved in the front grip-strap of the Ruger will give Dan plenty of reading material..he won't worry about the grips..
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:28:25 AM EDT
[#12]
F**K BOTH OF YOU!
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:52:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
F**K BOTH OF YOU!

Just joking...I expect that Ruger just put that on the front strap so they won't be expected to checker the grip strap.

So are you going to order yourself a Ruger Dan..or wait to see what the production guns have for buggaboos first?

I'm sort of glad I waited a year to buy a Remington...some of the early made ones seem to have a few cosmetic and rough work issues. Looking at online pics of older Remington R1 pistols several things have been changed slightly..including better workmanship on the exterior. My luck with new 1911 pistols has been bad enough that I thought I'd better give Remington some time to get the hang of making handguns..especially when they hadn't pumped out a handgun besides bolt actions since the 1920's or 30's.

Ruger may not have any such issues since they've been making handguns for decades.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:36:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
F**K BOTH OF YOU!

Just joking...I expect that Ruger just put that on the front strap so they won't be expected to checker the grip strap.

So are you going to order yourself a Ruger Dan..or wait to see what the production guns have for buggaboos first?

I'm sort of glad I waited a year to buy a Remington...some of the early made ones seem to have a few cosmetic and rough work issues. Looking at online pics of older Remington R1 pistols several things have been changed slightly..including better workmanship on the exterior. My luck with new 1911 pistols has been bad enough that I thought I'd better give Remington some time to get the hang of making handguns..especially when they hadn't pumped out a handgun besides bolt actions since the 1920's or 30's.

Ruger may not have any such issues since they've been making handguns for decades.

and running the SR 1911 thru their range to work out the bugs, going to Sports World today and see if they have one in stock.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 10:32:07 AM EDT
[#15]
They didn't have one at H&H on Monday..I asked. The sales-guy said they just introduced them 'last week'..

I asked how much he thought they would sell for when they got to the stores..he stated "around $700..based on Ruger's suggested retail price"..
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 11:14:11 AM EDT
[#16]
I'll get one from Mark. But his supplier has to have them first.
As far as the first run and production problems, I really don't expect any.
If I have any, Ruger will sure hear about it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 11:51:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Not in stock yet ,  sale person said just got released yesterday  I would drive to OKC and get one from Mark before I get one their , my son and I

walk around the store just looking and this guy kept following me around ( kinda pissme off ) and told him I don't plan on stealing anything but was

going to buy something  and went home .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top