Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2006 5:19:30 AM EDT
its been raining like hell for the last ~18 hrs straight......... water standing everywher........ so i'm lifting the burn ban at least untill it stops raining

I think I'm going to fire up the grill and double dog dear em to give me a ticket
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:08:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Hope that it continues throughout the state, the rain that is. Looks like SE Okla. is getting wet also. With a little luck and more rain, maybe the burn ban will end before 3-18-6.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:17:45 AM EDT
[#2]
man its just drizzle here, like a heavy mist.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:27:29 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hope that it continues throughout the state, the rain that is. Looks like SE Okla. is getting wet also. With a little luck and more rain, maybe the burn ban will end before 3-18-6.

alcohol stove comes in handy if it isn't ....besides what they don't know won't hurtem
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:31:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
man its just drizzle here, like a heavy mist.

Just to give you an idea
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:32:21 AM EDT
[#5]
We haven't seen any rain here up near Tulsa. Oh, nice MFC's on the porch.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:33:21 AM EDT
[#6]
No rain here....

We did have a crappy gun show roll into town, and let me tell you, it sucked.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:49:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I had to work in the crap all morning today and it sucked

1shott,  how big of a turnout was at the show?  I am guessing it was the same old junk as always.

I may swing by there tomorrow but I damn sure not going to pay to get in.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:11:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I had to work in the crap all morning today and it sucked

1shott,  how big of a turnout was at the show?  I am guessing it was the same old junk as always.

I may swing by there tomorrow but I damn sure not going to pay to get in.

Save your $5, it aint worth it. There was maybe, maybe 35 to 30 sellers, and yes alot fo same old junk and high prices. Even the ammo selling guy that takes up the whole back of room was not there.

As I was leaving I voiced my disappointment, I was told, hey to bad.  Screw em. I really dont care much for that group of guys.  

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:15:38 PM EDT
[#9]
what no good deals on jerky
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:26:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
what no good deals on jerky

That would have been the high point.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:03:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Was that the show in ADA? I was thinking of driving down tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:06:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Was that the show in ADA? I was thinking of driving down tomorrow.

yes,  where from?   I would not drive to far for it usually sucks
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:43:37 PM EDT
[#13]
From Sterling. Be around 100 miles. Sounds like I should save the gas money though. I'm not really looking for anything in particular. Just like to look at shows other than the lame ones in the city.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:28:52 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
From Sterling. Be around 100 miles. Sounds like I should save the gas money though. I'm not really looking for anything in particular. Just like to look at shows other than the lame ones in the city.

yeah save the gas unless you have other reasons to drive down.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:27:58 PM EDT
[#15]
even under the ban you still can use the grill as long as it is a commercial manufatured grill. and not a home built.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:30:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
even under the ban you still can use the grill as long as it is a commercial manufatured grill. and not a home built.

Nope, sorry, disagree, you can use a grill BUT it has to a gas grill, no charcoal at all.

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:30:38 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Sorry, but, no you can't.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:32:24 PM EDT
[#18]
See, that's what I get for looking up references and stuff. Thirty seconds too late.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:38:11 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
See, that's what I get for looking up references and stuff. Thirty seconds too late.

just like a woman always draging up the rear....
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:39:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Yeah, like you could keep up with me.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:49:23 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Yeah, like you could keep up with me.

i could say something realy hhhhooooonnnnnnnrrreeeee but you might really be a woman ....
..............beleive what you want but their are broken hearts from fl to ca right now cause i don't call any more
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:50:15 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry, but, no you can't.

i see,only gas grilling is allowed. thank you.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:22:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:00:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
its been raining like hell for the last ~18 hrs straight......... water standing everywher........ so i'm lifting the burn ban at least untill it stops raining

I think I'm going to fire up the grill and double dog dear em to give me a ticket

You spoke too soon!! There is a HUGE fire between Colbert and Calera right now. This damn wind isn't helping matters either, They had HWY 75 stopped for a while because of the smoke. Well, gotta go fire up the gas grill!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:54:43 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You spoke too soon!! There is a HUGE fire between Colbert and Calera right now. This damn wind isn't helping matters either, They had HWY 75 stopped for a while because of the smoke. Well, gotta go fire up the gas grill!

must be closer to calera i cant see smoke........... better go check the wind i may need to break out the marshmallows
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top