Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2006 12:24:23 PM EDT
I shipped some items to one of the boys here week before last. I get it back marked Undeliverble/NSA - no such address. The only thing I can figure that it got dropped out of a sorting machine so one of the hands dropped in a return bin or semethiing to that effect.
Anyway, I go up to the Post Office and shipped a new package Priority Mail this morning. I've got the old package unopened and a receipt for the same address. I'm going up to the post office when he gets it and have a little fun with the post master.
I get a new mail person every week. Problems all over th neighborhood with the mail - so bad the Home Owners Association is about to take it in hand.
One of the girls that delivers the mail is a sweetheart and doing her best to get my mail right. I'm not going to tell you all the problems I've brought to their attention but it's been a bunch.
She was telling me little while ago about one of the postal managers and a team meeting. He told them they were lucky to have their high paying jobs and the great benefits they had. Over half of the hands in my local post office are part time, have no benefits. They are given 6 hours to do a job that may take 10 hours and still only get paid for 6. It is still called a "rural post office".
There is a thing called the Fair Labor Standards Act. In government service there are those that are "exempt" - no overtime pay and the hourly workers. Believe me, in my period of working with both federal and state agencies, the ones that break the law the most often are government agencies. If you are a "contract" employee, you had better keep your mouth shut or you are down the road with a black mark that will keep you from being employed as contract ever again.
I've never received that "black marK' but come close.
The gist is the part time hands that bust their asses catch hell from piss poor management and get the blame when things go wrong. Management will blame the hands - they've already done that in my discussions with them. I ain't buying it!
This girl mail carrier has taken good care of me and my mail but there is only so  much she can do.
So I raise hell about the local mail, she could suffer a "black mark" and never get hired full time.
Not her fault, but likely to catch the blame. That sucks!
101ABN, you've made comments about my bitching and not looking for a solution.
Here's my take - I'm going downtown to the Postmaster General of Oklahoma City, tell him the whole long problems I've had with my mail (neighbors if they will go also!), the different management I have spoken too, how things get better for a while, then go to hell again.
I will be courteous but damned insistant that something b e done. And follow up on it!
Now that makes me  an asshole I know. Asking for reliable and consistant service that is required to make this country work.
That seems to be the worst thing you can do to ask management in government! Who TF do we think we are going to such extremes!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:12:21 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
One of the girls that delivers the mail is a sweetheart

First off, she married? If not....How old we talking and what kind of frame she have? Young n sporty? Girl next doorish? Hook a bachelor up! I'm good for it, I'm a good guy, now if I could just find me a good woman.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:01:08 PM EDT
[#2]
tell them to straiten their shit up, or your coming back and going postal on their asses.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:20:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I tell you a funny one about a small post office in tx's...... I asked them if i could next day air a pistol from the post office..(i know you can send rifles but wasnt sure about pistols) ..... the woman postmaster who runs it told me to call dallas and ask them if they say it's ok then i could do it...... i never went to the trouble of calling dallas i just stoped by ups that day .... still don't know if you can send pistols the the USPS and neither does she ...... but if you tell here it's "ok" i know she'd let you
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:30:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I was dating a nice young lady from Choctaw a few years back, I sent her something in the mail, it came back a couple of weeks later labeled No Such Address or something like that, the address was correct, now get this...she lived within 2 blocks of the Choctaw Post Office!!!!  One of my customers at the time was the Choctaw Vo Tech, I told them about that and they talked about how terrible the Choctaw Post Office was, it was so bad that even though they lived in Choctaw, they kept a PO Box at the Jones Post Office to get their mail!  Jeeeeezzzzzz!  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:51:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
tell them to straiten their shit up, or your coming back and going postal on their asses.

One of the things postal management will do with contract employees is threaten them with a Postal Inspector. Said you made a threat - 5 years in prison. They do that kind of shit!
When I was working a contract to the USPS, I was threatened with that. A USPS honcho told me I wouldn't like the 6 to 8 hour interrogation and how unpleasant it was.
Of course, I replied very loudly where others could hear - "I'd welcome the interview with a Postal Inspector. I've been an exemplary employee and have no reason to fear a visit from them. Let's go call them. That's a great idea!"
The asshole who threatened me with that tore the tile up trying to get away from me! Of course I was following him insisting we call the US Postal Inspection Service with a lot of USPS brass around listening.
Ndenway, even kidding about going postal on them scares the livin' crap out of them.
The Postal Inspector will be visiting you soon!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:56:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

First off, she married? If not....How old we talking and what kind of frame she have? Young n sporty? Girl next doorish? Hook a bachelor up! I'm good for it, I'm a good guy, now if I could just find me a good woman.  

Rat, oh Rat! Don't tempt me with opportunities like that!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:32:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The Postal Inspector will be visiting you soon!

thats cool, I hope its one I know.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:44:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rat, oh Rat! Don't tempt me with opportunities like that!

I'm a good guy....you should always be on the look for a good woman for a good guy. Hook a brutha up!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:48:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Just wanted to let you know the second try was a score it came to the
address that doesn't exist .... btw don't your reload dan..... i may have something you want....
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:22:49 PM EDT
[#10]
For $.39 a letter you'd think they would get it right.

They are fuc#ed if they ever loose the monopoly!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:59:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
For $.39 a letter you'd think they would get it right.

They are fuc#ed if they ever loose the monopoly!

yeah I didn't know they were raising the price, I went in a bought 40 .37 cent stamps, used them a couple of weeks later to mail off my bills and one of them came back with insufficient fund stamped on them, what kind of shit is that, the chick coulda told me when I was buying the stamps, I didn't find out about the price increase till I went in and the clerk said I must have missed the grace period, sold me two .01 cent stamps to put on my letter, I was lucky that I mailed it off with plenty of time before it was due, I'm thinking of transfering all my stuff over to EFT, its easier that way and I wouldn't have to deal with the PO.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:19:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, I pay a lot of my bills online. Living in a small town has disadvantages there, though, as some of the smaller companies can't take online payments yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top