Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 7:37:51 PM EDT
Living in Tulsa we have ONG and my gas bill for Oct. $39., Nov. $74., Dec. $138. & Jan $196.

Called them to find out why because we turned the thermostat down to 60 degrees last month. They said we had a few cold days, no crap, but we also had lots of very warm weather.

Anyway enough of my complaints, Has anyone else been shocked by the huge increase in their natural gas bill or am I the only one?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:23:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I just got thru sending a payment to ONG for over $300!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:03:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm installing my wood stove for when I'm at home, I been leaving the temp set on 50 so I don't use much gas, it gets damn cold round my house, I need a full time live in GF during the winter, my brother told me to get a fat one, that way I'd have heat in the winter and shade in the summer, told him I couldn't do that cause when we had sex it'd look like to whales fuckin.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:19:44 AM EDT
[#3]
G@% damn dude. That's not what I needed to read first thing in the morning.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:54:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
G@% damn dude. That's not what I needed to read first thing in the morning.

what?

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:12:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I am on Reliant Energy, used to be Arkla.

Last month my bill was $78, BUT I am on thier Voluntary Fixed Price Option, and Average billing, so my bill that I paid was $36. I set my thermostat at 68 when I am home and 60 when I am gone to work.

On the VFPO I am paying less than others who are not on the program for gas. I had to sign up for 1 year, so if the price of gas drops, thne I would end up paying mor efor gas that those not on the program, it is a gamble I am willing to take.

I also added new storm doors last spring which has helped alot in last summer s AC bills.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:21:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I did like 1shott, took the set price option and averaged. My 2700 sq ft home ran me $78 this month for ONG, $95 for OG&E. Averaging works out in the long run for a predictable monthly expense if you want to set a monthly budget.
Here is the scary thing - next summer we are likely to see gas at the pump at $5 a gallon, Next winter, if it is even slightly harsh, natural gas will be almost $20 a decatherm which is about 60% higher than the current price of $12.
A lot of platforms in the Gulf are no longer there. It didn't make the news to prevent financial panic after Katrina. Oklahoma is running out of gas and oil - very few new wells are being drilled here. It looks really bleak for this state economically because agriculture and oil are the biggest parts of our economy. With oil and gas going up, less production from this state, the rich will get richer and we will get poorer paying them the premium price.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:13:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm installing my wood stove for when I'm at home, I been leaving the temp set on 50 so I don't use much gas, it gets damn cold round my house, I need a full time live in GF during the winter, my brother told me to get a fat one, that way I'd have heat in the winter and shade in the summer, told him I couldn't do that cause when we had sex it'd look like to whales fuckin.

MLW>"<

Let me know if you get a fat one......I buy some stock in Flour!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:44:52 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

MLW>"<

Let me know if you get a fat one......I buy some stock in Flour!!

I don't need any stinkin' flour[mexican accent], I just aim for a deep crease or fold.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:49:19 AM EDT
[#9]
I did that ONG thing "lock the price per dekatherm at such n such" and I averaged my bill as well.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:35:51 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I did that ONG thing "lock the price per dekatherm at such n such" and I averaged my bill as well.

Attaboy, Rat, See what my influence is doing for you!
I might get you straigthtened out yet!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:55:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Attaboy, Rat, See what my influence is doing for you!
I might get you straigthtened out yet!

Yes Dan....I guess you could say I'm a chip off the ole block huh??
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:55:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
my brother told me to get a fat one, that way I'd have heat in the winter and shade in the summer

MLW>"<

Get one with tattoos and you can have movin pictures year round!!!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:46:44 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
my brother told me to get a fat one, that way I'd have heat in the winter and shade in the summer

MLW>"<

Get one with tattoos and you can have movin pictures year round!!!

thats a great idea since my tv only catches 3 stations, and two of them are mexican.

MLW>"<
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top