Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2006 5:40:32 PM EDT
Wolf ammo in 7.62x39 is getting too damn high! Ammoman is selling it for $149 a thousand. He is getting way to high for all his ammo but I never thought  I would see 7.62x39 Wolf get that high!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:12:56 PM EDT
[#1]
yeah wolf is going up but ammoman is getting rediculouse high on all his ammo
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:16:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Jeff, you're right. I use to buy lots of ammo from Ammoman but I won't anymore. I know Wolf is going up but $149 is damn ridiculous!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:22:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I still buy from him on occasion but not nearly as much as used to.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:37:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I paid in the neighborhood of $135 bucks for it in november from brigadoon's, felt as if I'd been assraped then, but I wanted it that day and they had it in stock.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:47:46 PM EDT
[#5]
the price of 762*39 is exactly why I've decide to just skip the ak altogether and go with an FAL if your going to pay big money for ammo you might as well get some bang for your buck.......

OH by the way I did some testing with wolf ammo the other day and you will be suprised at what the
underpowered 223 will do

Jeff ....I shott some plate with wolf I'll try to take pics and get them posted tomorow
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:48:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Buy Wolf for your AR....at the shows it'll cost ya about $120/ 1K. I bought some "Norinco North China Industries Corporation" Lead Core Bullet, steel case, non corrosive ammo at this last show for my Mak. Lets see....460 rounds for $65 bucks.....they had another brand as well but it was the same price. Either way, its still pretty much the same as wolf I guess.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:49:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Jeff, you're right. I use to buy lots of ammo from Ammoman but I won't anymore. I know Wolf is going up but $149 is damn ridiculous!

Have you tried thesportsmansguide.com yet? Are they sold out or whats the deal withem?? I haven't bought from there in a while, has anyone bought AK ammo from there lately??
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:24:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you tried thesportsmansguide.com yet? Are they sold out or whats the deal withem?? I haven't bought from there in a while, has anyone bought AK ammo from there lately??

I have aquired about 7000 rds in Nov-Dec from various places during the so called dry spell.  Some of which was ordered from sportsmanguide.  I am tired of them to becuase everytime I order something it ends up net being in stock eve though they show it and it takes for ever to get it.  Plus they rape you on the shipping.  I always have cupons but by the time all my stuff gets backordered the cupons arnt valid.  I still have a bunch of stuf backoredered from early october.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:53:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
the price of 762*39 is exactly why I've decide to just skip the ak altogether and go with an FAL if your going to pay big money for ammo you might as well get some bang for your buck.......

OH by the way I did some testing with wolf ammo the other day and you will be suprised at what the
underpowered 223 will do

Jeff ....I shott some plate with wolf I'll try to take pics and get them posted tomorow

thats like the misconceptions of wolf hollow points that don't expand, the 223 55gr HP wolf will expand reliably out to 40 yards when shot into water jugs and occasionaly out to 100, the 62 grainers make it to 35, but I can't say what the 7.62 stuff'll do, I've never tested it to see how it'd do, now as to how'd it'd do in a better test medium such as gelliten or wet news print I don't know, but I have shot dogs that were kill'in chickens with the 55 gr hp through the shoulder and the bullet broke up with the bulk passing  through leaving a hole the size of a fifty cent piece, I'd be hessitant to use it on game farther than 75 yards or so though, (unless I could get a head shot), nor would I take a rear raking shot, I don't think any 556 round made would do very well for the later, but then thats why I got a 308.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:39:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Sportsmans Guide has Wolf 223 for $109.97 for 1,000 rds or 104.47 club price, seems like $10-15 for shipping to Oklahoma.

www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=149177
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:51:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Sportsmans Guide has Wolf 223 for $109.97 for 1,000 rds or 104.47 club price, seems like $10-15 for shipping to Oklahoma.

www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=149177

So at club price $104.50 - the $10 coupon = $94.50 + approx $15 for shipping $110 total. Not bad. I think thats pretty much the price for 223 that they've had for a long time.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:32:33 AM EDT
[#12]
I ordered Wolf ammo last month from Ammoman.com and it was in stock as advertised and arrived to my door 3 days after I ordered it. I got it before the latest price increase. The problem with the Sportsmans Guide is that they don't always have what they advertise IN STOCK. Do the research on this website if you want. Most of the people who've ordered from them have had to go through the constant backorder emails. If you order from SG it's a crap shoot as to when you'll get your ammo.

Me? I'd rather pay my money and have my ammo in a few days than be out that money for who knows how long with no ammo to show for it.

Also, once you factor in the shipping price from other places, AMMOMAN's price INCLUDES SHIPPING wasn't very high priced at all.

Someone find me somewhere that actually has the ammo IN STOCK for less (not $1 or $2, for that I'd stick with ammoman) and I'll do business elsewhere.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:52:36 AM EDT
[#13]
I've placed several orders for ammunition from Sportsmans Guide over the last year, shipping time has run 2-3 days on every occaision, no stalls, no back orders, no problems at all, I have been very pleased with their service so far, maybe I'm just lucky?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:15:25 AM EDT
[#14]
I used to buy stuff from Sportsman Guide all the time. They raped me twice on shipping - sent it overnight when I specified the cheapest shipping. And sent the wrong damn thing both times!
I might use them again if they have their sh*t straightened out. The Wolf is great in an AK!
I used to swear by Eric but when I can buy SS109 American made ammo cheaper from Natchez Shooting Supply for 10% less money, that's where I'm going to buy it!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:51:34 PM EDT
[#15]
What's the price now for Wolf 7.62x39 around town?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:11:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
What's the price now for Wolf 7.62x39 around town?

Haha,  I dont know,  I had to take my local dealer a case last week becuase he hasnt been able to get any.  I'll either trade out for it or he will replace it when he can get some.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:01:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Sportsmans Guide, in stock, $94.97 Club Price $90.22

www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=217522
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:41:24 AM EDT
[#18]
I buy all my Wolf  5.56 from Sportsmansguide.  $100 ("guide member price") plus 10-12 bucks shipping is a good deal.  For a while it was actually cheaper to by 5.56 by the 200 round packages than by the case.  And as said - don't forget the coupons.
Twice since Aug/Sept the've been out of stock, but always was back in stock within 10-14 days...  I just keep a "minimum" of rounds so I don't run out.

I tried out some S&B .308 180grn that was "cheap"  - it shoots damn close to M118LR at 200yards, too bad it is FMJ.

Sometimes they have good prices on other stuff, but sometimes they seem to be smoking crack on other s.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:03:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Heck, talk about a cheap ammo to buy....I think its Russian 8mm crap, its like $60 bucks for 1K rounds....I think thats my brothers newest project.....well...building his 2  MG-42s are on the top of the to do list....I think thats what it shoots is the 8mm stuff. I forget but he showed me how cheap the rounds are and its insanely cheap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top