Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2005 3:23:58 PM EDT
Here is a picture of Old Bud at 101 with his first buck shot in 2003. The old man is a blast to hunt with, great with young men, and as ornery as you can imagine. I just wish he would slow down on the whiskey, beer, and tobacco. It may kill him one day!
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:52:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Dang good looking deer.....

You going to take me so I kill one like that? I aint as old or good looking as the other fellow....
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:55:33 PM EDT
[#2]
R., you may not believe this, but I started letting bigger racks than this go by several years ago.
I ain't a head hunter anymore - especially when the bigger ones are in rut. The meat tastes like it was soaked in diesel!
My boy, Matt, is hunting for a bigger rack than one I've killed. It's gonna take him a while, but he'll do it. He has been chasing this 160 to 180 class buck now for two years and has yet to get a shot at him. I've had a couple but let him go. I just kill a couple of does every year to thin things out and leave the bucks to the young stud hunters.
The big buck my son has been chasing keeps me busy keeping road hunters off the property. Old Bud and me will keep the trespassers out while Matt and another guy named Steve go after the big bucks.
That buck pictured was an 8 pt weighing in at 135 lbs. Not bad for a buck passing through the property!
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:23:22 PM EDT
[#3]
He did pretty good, it's unusual enough to live to that age, but to still be able to aim and shoot a deer at that age is exceptional!

It's interesting that some of the things that we consider sure killers like tobacco and whiskey, some people break all the rules and live a good long life, I don't do any of those things and there's only a chance in a million I would even make 100!
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:43:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Old Bud had to give up women. It wasn't because of wanting too either! He would if he could!

The last time he was "close" with a woman was "a year or two ago" according to him. More like the age of 88 with a 19 year old girl! I once got him to talking about it and recorded the conversation. It is funnier than hell to hear the story!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 12:34:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's a picture of Old Bud and my son with a buck I culled. My two favorite hunting partners!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top