Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 5:34:07 PM EDT
I found out a few minutes ago, form a very good friend of mine that the area I am in is going to recieving some of the "refugees: from LA.

Now I dont have a problem with that, from what I was told several churches in the area are taking them in.

My concern is, will they act like we are seeing going on in N.O.?

My thoughts are, if they wish to stay, and make a life for themsleves, find gainfull employment, and start over, thats GREAT, BUT if they decide to stay and bring with them the looting, stealing, raping and such, then they can just move on.

I know this is a delicate matter, and I mean no offense to anyone, but am I wrong to be concerned about this?

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:41:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd be concerned, if they were doing the looting and shit in LA. when they had alternitives then most likely they'd do the same here, but then again if they were good people there and were forced to do it to feed there families, then th ey'll most likely be good people here.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:48:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'd be concerned, if they were doing the looting and shit in LA. when they had alternitives then most likely they'd do the same here, but then again if they were good people there and were forced to do it to feed there families, then th ey'll most likely be good people here.

Thats what I think. I dont have a problem with getting the food wand water down there the way alot of them have been froced to, BUT its is the other crap going on that really concerns me.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:59:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I think the people who want to do the looting and killing are staying in NO. The people who want to get out and get help are the one's that are leaving.

I think we'll be ok.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:43:02 PM EDT
[#4]

please lets keep this civil

I'm going to try but no promises.

If your getting people who left before the storm you might be somewhat okay. at least they had the sense to leave beforehand.

Have you been to NO?  I went once"it was enough".   I'd rather be in a biker bar anyday.

If you get the people who stayed well then I'd better refer to the keep it civil with the exception of the elderly/really sick who didn't have a way to leave your in trouble to say the least..................................
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:30:46 PM EDT
[#5]
1shott, having spent time in N'awlins, and getting to know some of the people there, I will say there is a chance there will be problems.  I won't say why I believe that on a public forum, but will answer you if you want via IM.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:23:49 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
1shott, having spent time in N'awlins, and getting to know some of the people there, I will say there is a chance there will be problems.  I won't say why I believe that on a public forum, but will answer you if you want via IM.

Why the hell not man? It's sad when a person can't even relate thier own life experiences without being labeled a racist or some crap. Just call it like you see it. Fear not. I personally wouldn't worry about the refugees. Most of them will want to go back when things get back to normal. Very few of them will be staying long term. Maybe a year or two at the most.

I'd suggest folks hang out more in the Survival forum and less in the bigfoot forum.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:41:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Why the hell not man? It's sad when a person can't even relate thier own life experiences without being labeled a racist or some crap. Just call it like you see it. Fear not. I personally wouldn't worry about the refugees.

Twobravo, I am not a rascist and don't care to be labeld one for speakng the truth. You understand perfectly why I didn't give my opinion on an open forum.
I have an old friend that is black, 103 yo, and is almost family to me. I GUARENTEE he would have survived better than the refugees in New Orleans. He doesn't know any better than HOW  NOT TO SURVIVE with a wood stove for heat and NO running water in his home today!
Attitude and background many times makes the difference in survival in catastrophes like New Orleans.
He would have gotten the hell ouf of Dodge if he had to WALK!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:28:21 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Very few of them will be staying long term. Maybe a year or two at the most.

I'd suggest folks hang out more in the Survival forum and less in the bigfoot forum.

God damn! what do you consider a long time, a year or two could be several lifetimes to some people.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:56:08 PM EDT
[#9]
we are screwed IMHO. NO has had one of the highest violent crime rates in the nation for the last how many years?!?!?

My mother grew up in NO, which apparently formed her opinion of black people in general. I am not racist, however. I beleive there are bad individuals within all races. But my momma had to live around these people for the first 22 years of her life.

Louisiana seems to want to use this as an excuse to get rid of their crack heads by shipping them to other states, be prepared.

WE will be seeing an increase in crime in the surrounding states, as those 400,000 people are distributed throughout neighboring state.

One thing that DOES make me angry is the Reverand jessie sayign that the term "refugee" is racist.. saying that calling a person "refugee" is the same as calling them a Nigger!!!... half my family are now refugees!!!!!!! who the hell does jessie think he is?  That he can rewrite the english language. That is very insulting. Jessie is calling my family "niggers" I don't beleive it's right for ANYBODY to use racial slurs, including the reverend.

Anywho... look slike small twon america will soon have a crack problem just like NO.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:22:10 PM EDT
[#10]
santanatwo, there are white n......rs as well as black n......rs. Let's not use that word!
Here is something for you to chew on! A bunch of  elderly people won't be found and  will be listed as dead.
They probably have been dead already for several years but the families buried them someplace secretly and continued to draw their retirement benefits and/or social security. Just accepted practice in Louisiana. May add up to several thousand missing!
Yeah, we're gonna have problems. The gangstas from N'awlins make the worst of Detroit or LA look like choir boys!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:37:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Well I hate to say it but PC is right out the window.

I knew this wasn't going to stay civil long.

I'm just staunch white trash so it don't bother me a bit.

BTW the "reverand" lost all credibility when word of the love child came out..............
It always amazes me how people in glass houses are so quick to throw stones..............

BTW I heard all the bigfoot refugees in NO were headed this way too....
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:30:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Well I hate to say it but PC is right out the window.

I knew this wasn't going to stay civil long.

It's civil and not rude! santanatwo should not take offense and I know I didn't.

ACman, all' dem NO bigfoots are wearing doo rags and coming to your front door step!
I'm sure you will welcome them with open arms!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:04:55 PM EDT
[#13]
acmans preparing for'em, since theres going to be 3k of them in his part of the world real soon like.

getting ready behind the .

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:18:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I found out a few minutes ago, form a very good friend of mine that the area I am in is going to recieving some of the "refugees: from LA.

1shott:

I think you and I are in the same area.  The church I attend is 5th on the list (was 6th but we moved up)  We spent most of the weekend getting ready for these "visitors or friends" as the red cross instructed us to call them.  However the last word I got (can't seem to get anything official) is that now they might not be coming at all.  I think Falls Creek is still slated for them, but even they don't know when or even if they are coming.  Something about being delayed in Texas.

I don't know who is in charge of communication but I wish they would get their stuff together and let people know for sure what is going on.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:08:47 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
acmans preparing for'em, since theres going to be 3k of them in his part of the world real soon like.

Man if you guys only knew...........................

I'm right on the border of my home state which is getting flooded...................... with what will most likely turn out to be welfare recipients.............
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:20:39 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Man if you guys only knew...........................

I'm right on the border of my home state which is getting flooded...................... with what will most likely turn out to be welfare recipients.............

well man, you may get a chance to put that sig line to use, reel soon like.

brings to mind a joke I once heard, about a cowboy, indian and black man sitting in a bar talking about how..........................................................................................................................., ah! ya'll probably already heard it, if you fequent bars, beer dives and places of unworldly illrepute.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:48:59 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
...ah! ya'll probably already heard it, if you fequent ... places of unworldly illrepute.

Kind of like hanging with you guys?

Sorry if that offends anyone! I would feel REALLY BAD if it did!

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:26:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:22:41 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I think there will be trouble,.

I think that will prove to be an understatement!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top