Quoted:
Good.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 10:09:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 1:17:35 PM EDT
[#4]
As it stands right now, 25 states are now part of that law suit.  It might tell the ATF they done f'ed up when 50% of the country is suiing you over your "decision".
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 1:55:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As it stands right now, 25 states are now part of that law suit.  It might tell the ATF they done f'ed up when 50% of the country is suiing you over your "decision".
View Quote

I doubt AFT cares.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 2:52:57 PM EDT
[#6]
They don't need to care, ......they need to comply with the law.
Hope this lawsuit bears fruit.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 7:08:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They don't need to care, ......they need to comply with the law.
Hope this lawsuit bears fruit.
View Quote

Rule of law isn't really a thing lately, especially for Dems..and they still don't care.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 7:50:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Jason seems really solid.  There are other things I'd like to see him look into, but he's made some good moves as AG.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 3:06:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Good news ??
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 12:18:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Jason seems really solid.  There are other things I'd like to see him look into, but he's made some good moves as AG.
View Quote

He's not solid at all on gun rights. It's great that he made this zero-effort, minimal risk move to sign onto someone else's brief. Meanwhile, he is actively fighting the efforts of GOA and VCDL to overturn Virginia's private sale background check law passed by the democrats in 2020.

Despite taking $25K and an endorsement from VCDL, he's not pro-gun rights.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 3:48:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

He's not solid at all on gun rights. It's great that he made this zero-effort, minimal risk move to sign onto someone else's brief. Meanwhile, he is actively fighting the efforts of GOA and VCDL to overturn Virginia's private sale background check law passed by the democrats in 2020.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. He seems like a complete faggot on guns. Still better than Red Herring I guess.
I doubt he gets another term though. Abortion and democrat gerrymandering will return Va back to blue status.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 12:19:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Jason has a bunch of fights going on alot of fronts and is spread too thin.  The Loudoun County School Board has taken up most of the time/resources and that's just one fetid corner of rot in NOVA, let alone the rest of the Commonwealth.

A little peek behind the curtain but red Herring left the VA Attorney General's office in shambles, i suspect intentionally.  Dude never went to his office in Richmond, only Leesburg near his home. Just the state of their IT would make the BB geek squad weep.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 3:00:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Jason has a bunch of fights going on alot of fronts and is spread too thin.  The Loudoun County School Board has taken up most of the time/resources and that's just one fetid corner of rot in NOVA, let alone the rest of the Commonwealth.
View Quote

Then why is he squandering his limited resources actively fighting to preserve the democrats’ unconstitutional gun control agenda, instead of entering into a consent order?
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 3:13:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Then why is he squandering his limited resources actively fighting to preserve the democrats' unconstitutional gun control agenda, instead of entering into a consent order?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then why is he squandering his limited resources actively fighting to preserve the democrats' unconstitutional gun control agenda, instead of entering into a consent order?
My guess, and I'll probably be wrong, is that since Suzy Soccer mom is all A Ok for UBC's, he will fight to keep them, in order to hopefully get Suzy Soccer mom's vote for his re-election.
Gun owners are to the GOP as Blacks are to the Democrats.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 3:28:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My guess, and I'll probably be wrong, is that since Suzy Soccer mom is all A Ok for UBC's, he will fight to keep them, in order to hopefully get Suzy Soccer mom's vote for his re-election.
View Quote

Oh, I think that’s exactly the political (mis)calculation he’s made.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 6:46:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Oh, I think that’s exactly the political (mis)calculation he’s made.
View Quote

Are you saying you'd sit the election out or vote for the D?  Because that is basically the options VA is left with.  I hate that those may be  our options but this state is fawked and has the potential to get much more fawked by just a very small portion of the vote.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 8:18:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Are you saying you'd sit the election out or vote for the D?  Because that is basically the options VA is left with.  I hate that those may be  our options but this state is fawked and has the potential to get much more fawked by just a very small portion of the vote.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, I think that's exactly the political (mis)calculation he's made.

I dont sit out elections. Ill vote for myreas again but his sucking UBC cock is very disappointing.
That said, the suzy soccer mom vote far outweighs the gun vote. Plus you have idiot gun owners that are ok with UBCs.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:28:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Then why is he squandering his limited resources actively fighting to preserve the democrats’ unconstitutional gun control agenda, instead of entering into a consent order?
View Quote

Is there an active lawsuit challenging the UBC?

Where are we on the locality ban?
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 7:31:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Very much so. And Miyares is fighting to uphold that statute, even putting his own name and his direct deputy’s name on the pleadings more recently - as if to say, “yes, this is MY position, not just career assistants doing it.”

Where are we on the locality ban?

There is an active case in Winchester. That city’s local ordinance was temporarily enjoined as to public parks and “permitted events,” but not as to “community and recreation centers.” A trial on that last category is set for July 31.

That case will not, immediately and by itself, overturn the entire state law enabling localities, unless and until it’s appealed up. But it’s one step toward that goal.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 7:41:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’m certainly not voting for Miyares. He’s clearly told me that he doesn’t care about me, gun rights, or the Constitution of Virginia. He cares about keeping the votes of low-information, mush-brained suburban soccer moms. He spends a lot of time grandstanding in matters that he thinks will appeal to this demographic (but that actually accomplish little), while quietly fucking us on other things (including gun rights). Miyares is a true politician and a huge disappointment.

People who care about gun rights absolutely need to vocally boycott politicians like Miyares, and openly deny him their votes. He’s quietly screwing you while he panders to suburban moms because he takes you for granted. Force him to openly make a choice, or play the long game (like the other side) and make him lose so that the next guy running remembers the lesson. Having a D AG next go-around won’t make much difference on gun rights, that’s for sure. So send a message, maybe the next guy who runs and takes endorsements as a “pro-gun” candidate will get the message.

I’ve already done a great deal more for this cause, through other means, than my one measly, diluted vote could ever do.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 6:46:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup - the Youngkin admin is just the new version of moderate Republican - they disavow election rigging, pretend to fight CRT and woke-ism without actually doing much to upset the mainstream media, continued to enforce covid penalties against businesses until Matt Strickland called them out and continue to enforce the Dem's UBC gun registration law that enlists FFLs as contracted state gun registration agents.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:34:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Very much so. And Miyares is fighting to uphold that statute, even putting his own name and his direct deputy’s name on the pleadings more recently - as if to say, “yes, this is MY position, not just career assistants doing it.”
View Quote

I recall Herring gave up Virginia's marriage constitutional admement by just not opposing the the challenge.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:58:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I recall Herring gave up Virginia's marriage constitutional admement by just not opposing the the challenge.
View Quote

He sure did. And Cuccinelli refused to defend challenges to a state law backed by fellow a republican, then-Governor Bob McDonnell, regarding control of school boards - because the state law was unconstitutional.

The AG has both a right and a duty to refuse to defend unconstitutional laws. All of this has been pointed out to Miyares in great detail, and he doesn’t care.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top