Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2021 12:22:46 PM EDT
I guess he's my only option for Governor.  Do y'all know if he is really pro-2nd Amendment?

I know nothing about the guy, and haven't been to a VA "Shad Planking" in some 40 years.

Natives know what shad planking is.

ETA: "Shad Planking" is an annual Virginia political event
where you might be able to catch a candidate off script and
find out what their real position is on a given issue.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 8:41:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Lives in the extreme Northern part of Fairfax County.  Take it for what its worth.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 10:45:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Well he is from Virginia and not Tennessee like Virginia’s most ardent gun grabbers Herring and Levine.  Nor New York like that shitbag Terry.  I just wish we could get rid of our turds like Tennessee did.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 6:59:52 AM EDT
[#3]
He’s not going to win, so it doesn’t really matter.

Support your local Pro-gun HoD candidate. It’s more important to retake that.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 1:32:34 PM EDT
[#4]
He didn't fill out the VCDL survey if that tells you anything.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 4:14:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Youngkin says he owns a shotgun and a "9mm" so I think he is at best a novice gunowner.

So far he has not made any anti-gun compromising statements & has charisma in person.

He seems to have a hunger for the office and has the same advantage that McAwful has - lots of personal $$$ to throw into the race.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 8:51:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yea I don't believe any "politician" really does.
Take Kathy Byron, my delegate. She refuses to fill one out, sent a reply email to me about how extreme the VCDL is (or something like that, it's been a couple of years), how she disagrees with their all or none approach, yet I believe she constantly votes pro gun. She is what I consider a typical moderate "W" type republican, same with Youngkin. Probably wouldn't sign an AWB, but would suck the cock of RFL and UBC's, of course we already have those now.
Youngkin has no chance against fast terry 2.0. We need one chamber that has enough pro gun GOP to out weigh some of the moderate GOP assholes (we had 2 phaggots vote in favor of UBC's even though it would have passed without GOP support in the Senate).
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 12:23:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Where is the best place to get information on who to vote for in the Dem primary tomorrow?
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 12:30:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 2:21:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
I was encouraged to see that, tells me he's serious about winning in Nov.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 9:24:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This.
View Quote

Where is the recommendation on whom to vote for in the Demo. primary tomorrow?.( with  the understanding they will have an unelectable candidate!!}
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 9:26:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This.
View Quote

Where is the recommendation on whom to vote for in the Demo. primary tomorrow?.( with  the understanding they will have an unelectable candidate!!}
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 10:26:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

We need to fully get behind Lee Carter.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:10:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Anyone else for the other races?
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:13:14 AM EDT
[#14]
I dunno, but based on prior VA GOP candidates I'm sure he's not pure enough or something.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 11:27:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I get what you are saying, but to politically empower a a guy that wants to use said guns directly against you is nuts.   I'd rather not add to the election process distrust and there are more people that would vote for him under your premise that would chicken out when he comes after us.  Fuck that!
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 3:52:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

I voted for Carter, Levine, and the local democrat delegate that is getting primaried by a Soros/Bloomberg communist.

I left AG blank
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 5:27:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I voted for Carter, Levine, and the local democrat delegate that is getting primaried by a Soros/Bloomberg communist.

I left AG blank
View Quote

Can you please provide the rationale for Carter?  That's akin to those that wanted to team up with Antifa when they were probing the 2020 Lobby Day.  Sinc a few here seem to really like Carter, explain it, b/c so far it appears like a really stupid decision.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 8:54:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Can you please provide the rationale for Carter?  That's akin to those that wanted to team up with Antifa when they were probing the 2020 Lobby Day.  Sinc a few here seem to really like Carter, explain it, b/c so far it appears like a really stupid decision.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I left AG blank

He'd probably be the easiest to beat statewide.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:43:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Carter is a fucking communist. He is a piece of shit.

I voted for him because he would be the easiest of the bunch to beat.

He also lost his primary for his HoD seat, as did Levine.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 8:04:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So does that mean Levine is gone?
I mean he will just be replaced by another piece of shit, but hopefully one whose life mission isn't to fuck over gun owners.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 10:41:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

So does that mean Levine is gone?
I mean he will just be replaced by another piece of shit, but hopefully one whose life mission isn't to fuck over gun owners.
View Quote

Lets hope not.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 2:07:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Polls are stupid but...
https://twitter.com/Gabby_Hoffman/status/1403035615608856581

WPA poll out on #VAGOV: McAuliffe 48%, Youngkin 46%

It polls likely voters in Virginia and apparently shows despite name ID, McAuliffe's got high unfavorables in his bid for a 2nd term
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 3:13:41 PM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Polls are stupid but...
https://twitter.com/Gabby_Hoffman/status/1403035615608856581

WPA poll out on #VAGOV: McAuliffe 48%, Youngkin 46%

It polls likely voters in Virginia and apparently shows despite name ID, McAuliffe's got high unfavorables in his bid for a 2nd term

I don't know. I would hope that Va has had enough, but when we give the Demented Pedophile a 10% victory, I'd say Youngkin is toast.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 12:05:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sometimes little things speak volumes!
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 5:49:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Sometimes little things speak volumes!
View Quote

How does taking the survey help him win?
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 7:09:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I simply will not vote for a candidate who won't. He was dead last on my primary ballot.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 8:05:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I simply will not vote for a candidate who won't. He was dead last on my primary ballot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then you guarantee a Fast Terry 2.0 win (which is likely anyway).
Take my rep, Byron, she never fills out the survey and in facts dislikes the VCDL's all or nothing approach, but votes consistently pro gun. Do I want her to fill out the survey? sure. But it could be used by the Forest, Bedford Co Karens against her.
Just like it would be used against Youngkin.
Va is not as pro gun as it used to be. The democrats here are blatantly anti gun and a lot of Va Gun Owners are FUDDS.
Youngkin wasn't my choice, but he will have my vote. That's one more that Fast Terry 2.0 has to counter.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 8:09:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

And that's great in the primary.  In the general, it's time to rally behind the candidate that's not already promised to attack gun owners.  Youngkin was not at the top of a lot of people's lists.  But he was 2nd or 3rd on enough to beat both the establishment candidate and the "maverick."  Youngkin has the money and Terry has the history (and negatives) to make this closer than anyone thinks, but if gun owners decide to sit out because he won't answer VCDL's survey, we're done before the fight even starts.  Terry probably has the money and dirt to peel off one or two of the Dem senators that he needs to get all of Lori Haas and Bloomberg's dream bills passed, so NO gun owner should sit this one out.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 4:12:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well super.... Your non-vote is a vote for McAwful.  Every single person with a similar mindset just puts VA farther and farther into the grip of blue political hell.  The time for virtue signalling is over.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 7:29:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Well super.... Your non-vote is a vote for McAwful.  Every single person with a similar mindset just puts VA farther and farther into the grip of blue political hell.  The time for virtue signalling is over.
View Quote

And this is the problem with VA republicans.  We sit around and talk about the good old days but then turn our noses up at any republican candidate that doesn't fit some Ronald Reagan model.  They all have issues in some area, Reagan included.  I think is it easier for us to pressure a republican that is actually in office so lets at least vote for a republican instead of just bitching and moaning and sit a home.  David
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 8:44:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

And this is the problem with VA republicans.  We sit around and talk about the good old days but then turn our noses up at any republican candidate that doesn't fit some Ronald Reagan model.  They all have issues in some area, Reagan included.  I think is it easier for us to pressure a republican that is actually in office so lets at least vote for a republican instead of just bitching and moaning and sit a home.  David
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Va Republicans have suffered a terminal case of Muh Candidate Ain't pure for as long as I can remember.
The democrats on the other hand, whether they hate Fast Terry 2.0 or not, will pull the lever for him. That is a big reason they win and we lose. And we fucking lose.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 9:17:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 4:15:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Va Republicans have suffered a terminal case of Muh Candidate Ain't pure for as long as I can remember.
The democrats on the other hand, whether they hate Fast Terry 2.0 or not, will pull the lever for him. That is a big reason they win and we lose. And we fucking lose.
View Quote

100% correct.

Link Posted: 6/15/2021 8:52:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The time for virtue signalling is over.
View Quote

Maybe the politicians who expect conservative votes should stop virtue signaling to the other side and stand up and loudly proclaim what they believe.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 6:21:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Maybe the politicians who expect conservative votes should stop virtue signaling to the other side and stand up and loudly proclaim what they believe.
View Quote

I agree 100% but I defy you to find a Virginia politician with a R behind his or her name to do so and get the nomination as the R candidate.  Until then, we have to be willing to take an 80% decent candidate and support them.  Waiting for the 100% perfect candidate is futile.  It just keeps leaving the opening for the marxist democrats to keep marching in.

We have become the circular firing squad we used to laugh at the marxists for being.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 8:08:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The time for virtue signalling is over.

Agree. However, Youngkin most likely can be persuaded to vote the right way. Fast Terry 2.0 absolutely will destroy Va with an agreeable GA.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 9:44:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is filling out the VCDL survey the only way a candidate can do that?  Would you vote for Fast Terry if he filled out the survey "properly" despite all his other bloviation?  

The fact is, we know FT will advocate for and sign into law any gun control bill that gets to him.  In November, one candidate has already shown he's against you, shouldn't fighting that take priority?  

Link Posted: 6/16/2021 11:52:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Basically, we have a choice between:
A) an unknown entity who is hiding his views on at least one Constitutional issue: and
B) a known entity who is hostile to our Constitutional Republic and has demonstrated a willingness to engage in subversion (i.e. Charlottesville)

As much as it sucks, the choice is there.
I know what I will do. I don't have to like. I just have to not sit this out.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 12:57:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
A) an unknown entity who is hiding his views on at least one Constitutional issue: and
B) a known entity who is hostile to our Constitutional Republic and has demonstrated a willingness to engage in subversion (i.e. Charlottesville)

View Quote

This.

We can safely assume that since Youngkin in all apperace, appears to be a bush style republican, that he is not against an AWB but would probably not sign it if he had other political office ideas (ie. Senate, which Warner and Special Timmay have for life)
We know Fast Terry 2.0 couldn't jizz his panties fast enough to sign it surrounded by Va Tech dipshits (even though nothing in the AWB would have stopped the Va Tech shooting), the 4th circus has already upheld Md's bullshit, so Va would have a permanent AWB.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 5:23:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

This and other posts on here are true.

I wish I didn't have to always choose between the lesser of two evils, but I no longer have the luxury
of opting out of voting for milquetoast candidates.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 7:54:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Youngkin or McAwfal
Any you all are woried about Younkin's gun stance?
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 8:40:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Youngkin or McAwfal
View Quote

Youngkin seems to be a bush style republican. He probably won't sign an AWB, we already have the dipshit UBC's and RFL that the GOP seems to love.
Fast Terry 2.0 would sign a ban on any an all guns with Lori Haas felating him while he signs.
Youngkin isn't really my choice, but between the 2, the choice is clear if you believe in the 2A.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 9:29:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Youngkin or McAwfal
View Quote

I’ll vote for Youngkin, we all know where Fast Terry stands and unlike Coonman he is a competent politician that would be able to push a friendly GA to pass what he wants passed.

Winning the HoD back is far more important than the gov mansion.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 5:54:30 PM EDT
[#44]
It's astounding that this even a question.  On the one hand you have Glenn Youngkin who is still appearing at gun clubs post-nomination and on the other you have Terry Mcauliffe putting out statements promising an AWB and treating Gun owners like we have typhoid.

Link Posted: 6/22/2021 7:31:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
It's astounding that this even a question.  On the one hand you have Glenn Youngkin who is still appearing at gun clubs post-nomination and on the other you have Terry Mcauliffe putting out statements promising an AWB and treating Gun owners like we have typhoid.

View Quote
Muh candidate aint pure yo. Ill pass up 80-85% to get 0%.
1 of many reasons Va is a permanent blue state.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 10:15:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Youngkin looks like a blank slate conservative where fast Terry has skeletons in the closet. I would imagine his not signing a VCDL pledge keeps that "blank slate" approach till a debate & not meant to be negative on 2A. A good political plan. To beat McAwful you what to "look" middle of the road.

VOTE YONGKIN

F&^king get Blackface out!
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 10:22:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Muh candidate aint pure yo. Ill pass up 80-85% to get 0%.
1 of many reasons Va is a permanent blue state.
View Quote

Amen.  Everybody wants the fire breathing bomb thrower, but that person's not getting elected in 2021 Virginia.  I'd love to see someone with Nick Freitas' 2A passions getting elected statewide, but if a milquetoast Youngkin type keeps FT2.0 out of the mansion, I'm happy with that too.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 5:12:38 PM EDT
[#48]
I know it seems like a dumb question, and I'm obviously voting for Youngkin over the
Once and Future Carpetbagger, but I being "once bitten twice shy" when it comes to
voting/validadating fraudulent RINOs, am simply curious about the guy's commitment
to our Constitutional rights.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top