Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2020 10:39:32 PM EDT
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good and honest foundation repair company in the central/northern va area?  I'm in Culpeper county.

I have some pretty ragged cracks forming in the drywall throughout my entire two story colonial style home.  The house was built in 2002, so I would think it should be done settling by now and something else is the cause.  I've had a trusted general contractor look at the cracks in the drywall as well as look at the foundation and he thinks it was just a crappy drywall job rather than a foundation issue but foundations aren't his specialty.  I'd like to have an expert look at it just for peace of mind, but I'm concerned that I won't get an honest answer just based on experiences I've had with other unvetted contractors in the past.

Any input and/or experiences with foundation companies in the area is appreciated.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:14:21 AM EDT
[#1]
We had Lux Foundations come to look at ours for possible leaks.  They got really good reviews on Facebook and were very knowledgeable when he came out.  He pointed out that there was no foundation leaking where I thought it was and didnt try to upsell me.  We ended up going with another company only because the lead time was shorter.

https://luxcando.com/

@vteng10
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 8:31:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We had Lux Foundations come to look at ours for possible leaks.  They got really good reviews on Facebook and were very knowledgeable when he came out.  He pointed out that there was no foundation leaking where I thought it was and didnt try to upsell me.  We ended up going with another company only because the lead time was shorter.

https://luxcando.com/

@vteng10
View Quote

Thanks for the info!  Found a local structural engineer out of Warrenton, David Hall, to come look at the foundation next week.  If I need work done, I'll give them a call.  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:17:35 PM EDT
[#3]
You need a geotechnical engineer if you are having soil issues, not a structural.

Almost all settlement is done in the first 6 months.  Your house could be on a fat clay, or water issues.  If you have fat clay, the clay will expand when it is wet and shrink when it is dry.  If it is water, you could be losing soil under the foundation, or it could be a buoyancy issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top