Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2020 6:13:22 PM EDT
Is anyone interested in a hike through the Spotsylvania Battlefield Military Park? I was there today and the hike map below was hacked out based on what I know of the place. It shows 4.5 miles, but can be extended to a homesite to the north and/or down Burnside Drive to the east to make it six+ miles. We'll figure out the route. It's a mix of roads and fields. How about the interest?

EDIT 9 APR:

Cross posted. Have a look at this: APC Leadership Development Forum #1: Tactical Decision Game
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 8:45:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I would loooove to hike with you again, but my back finally quit about a week after the last hike.  Two ruptured discs.  Pity; I was looking seriously at a new Mystery Ranch pack for the next one.  Next year I should be good to go.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 8:49:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would loooove to hike with you again, but my back finally quit about a week after the last hike.  Two ruptured discs.  Pity; I was looking seriously at a new Mystery Ranch pack for the next one.  Next year I should be good to go.
View Quote

Will I get extra credit if I carry you? That should get me to Premier status.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 10:01:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m definitely interested in a Spotsy hike. Let me know  if you have a date in mind.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 10:24:24 AM EDT
[#4]
87 views so far. Worried about social distancing? I'm sure we can maintain space in the great outdoors. Doesn't need to be a big crowd either. I'll go with any one person who wants to. I've been hunkered down at home for about nearly a month and show no signs of the Wuhan Flu. The battlefields have become more popular for people to take walks now, and Spotsylvania has some interesting history and markers.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 5:18:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Man I hope people aren't turning away from fear of getting sick while on a hike.  It's perfect time and weather to go; it gets you out of the house; it starts getting rid of the atrophy that's built up from being home.  Just don't make out with your battle buddy and you're good to go.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 5:21:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Will I get extra credit if I carry you? That should get me to Premier status.
View Quote

I lost over 30 lbs in 7 weeks, so that should help.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 8:13:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:22:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Gents,

Would any of you like to join us in Staunton this weekend?

@Lexington
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:35:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Just signed up on the match site. Just need to find some ammo locally this week and I'll be all set. Planning to show up early to help set up.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 8:52:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 9:25:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just signed up on the match site. Just need to find some ammo locally this week and I'll be all set. Planning to show up early to help set up.
View Quote

I'll bring extra M193 if you need it.  I've got more coming.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 6:10:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll bring the M855 Federal I found and trade you round for round. If I feel really uppity I might lug my AR10 out there, I haven't decided how much I want to suck yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top