Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 3:14:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I just saw how many votes Dems won last election against GOP runners was not many at all.
We all should vote and encourage others to do the same to kick out all Dems from their seats next time and forever!
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 3:46:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just saw how many votes Dems won last election against GOP runners was not many at all.
We all should vote and encourage others to do the same to kick out all Dems from their seats next time and forever!
View Quote
That’s the hope.

The Dums will do some damage, but hopefully not too much and certainly enough to wake people up to get off their asses. Only time will tell.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 3:59:05 PM EDT
[#3]
This should have NOT happened!!

just 27 Votes!!!

Link Posted: 1/31/2020 9:13:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

just 27 Votes!!!

https://i.imgur.com/Tb8MwZ7.jpg
View Quote
Adding insult to injury... people that lobbied with her describe her as a logic proof libtard. She is also a freshman. Please vote ??
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:47:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Of possible interest.  There are signs of some lack of support for Northam's/Levine's AWB.  Good.  Maybe common sense will prevail.

Sen. Lynwood Lewis will not comply
View Quote
Lewis’ statement is almost word for word what Del. Keam (D - Fairfax) told us on lobby day in 2014 when the group I was leading was in his office.  Now look at Keam’s votes...
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 1:54:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

just 27 Votes!!!

https://i.imgur.com/Tb8MwZ7.jpg
View Quote
To be honest this should and ought to make the Democrats hesitant in voting in favor of any sort of restriction.

On the plus side, her opponent Chris Stolle barely ran any advertisement and barely did anything. Yet even with Nancy's huge funding from Bloomberg and Soros, she only barely won. That should be a huge red flag for the democrats that they shouldn't be claiming victory despite all the money they're spending. The GOP gained mostly in-state money and yet they did pretty well generally speaking when you compare the dollar amount to what the democrats are getting, even in the unopposed districts.

However, I've been saying since the start this is a test. If voters aren't going to come out November, then everything will be for nothing. The true test is in November, not lobby day or all the letters we write to the governor. If HB961 fails in the coming week, it's not a victory by any margin. No, the true test will be at the ballot box this November. If everyone who came out in lobby day showed up at the polls, we'd have a much different election.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 5:39:35 PM EDT
[#7]
As of this writing, HB961 AWB/mag ban still does not have any co-patrons in the House OR Senate.  Is that a good thing?  
https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?201+mbr+HB961

Meanwhile, Levine is a co-patron of  131 other lefty House bills, the majority of which have both House and Senate co-patrons.
https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?201+mbr+H282S

Example: HB421 HB 421 Firearms, ammunition, etc.; control by localities by governing possession, etc., within locality.
HOUSE PATRONS

Marcia S. "Cia" Price (chief patron)

Betsy B. Carr

Eileen Filler-Corn

Patrick A. Hope

Kaye Kory

Mark H. Levine

Alfonso H. Lopez

Marcus B. Simon
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 6:56:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
As of this writing, HB961 AWB/mag ban still does not have any co-patrons in the House OR Senate.  Is that a good thing?  

Meanwhile, Levine is a co-patron of  131 other lefty House bills, the majority of which have both House and Senate co-patrons.

Example: HB421 HB 421 Firearms, ammunition, etc.; control by localities by governing possession, etc., within locality.
HOUSE PATRONS

Betsy B. Carr

Eileen Filler-Corn

Patrick A. Hope

Kaye Kory

Mark H. Levine

Alfonso H. Lopez

Marcus B. Simon
View Quote
I'm beginning to wonder if AWB's aren't going to come on a local level for a while. They are basically unenfrocable or a recipe for open defiance and violence in places like rural Va, when you mix in local sheriffs who won't enforce in those areas.

Or will they?

961 has friday to come up in committe or its dead. If it dies this year, they'll have a year to try again, and see how bold they want to be with a bill like that when the House and executive branch is up for grabs again. The senate is easier to win back than the house, with the redistricting, however.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 8:59:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Got an email from vcdl. They are going to bring it out this Friday, 2/7 at 8am committee. It’s unclear if they’ll vote on it or if they have the vote. It’s going to be close no matter what.

This is the real test folks. Remember even if they don’t vote on it, it doesn’t mean it’s a good thing. At any point the governor can declare an emergency session in response to something that happens elsewhere like a mass shooting. They can pass the bill in 48 hours. So we are not safe or out of the water.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 9:42:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Got an email from vcdl. They are going to bring it out this Friday, 2/7 at 8am committee. It’s unclear if they’ll vote on it or if they have the vote. It’s going to be close no matter what.

This is the real test folks. Remember even if they don’t vote on it, it doesn’t mean it’s a good thing. At any point the governor can declare an emergency session in response to something that happens elsewhere like a mass shooting. They can pass the bill in 48 hours. So we are not safe or out of the water.
View Quote
You stupid piece of trash, why are you still posting? You’ve declared this a done deal and have already modified your firearms.

The VCDL email didn’t say HB961 would be voted on, just that Friday is the last chance for it to get out of committee this year. They want people to show up just in case they try something.

Given the comments of Lewis and the vote of Deeds and Petersen in committee today, I don’t think HB961 could get through the senate right now, even if they rammed it through the House, again completely opposite from your shtick, since you claimed the GOP would vote for it too.

Go jump off a bridge, clown.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 10:06:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You stupid piece of trash, why are you still posting? You’ve declared this a done deal and have already modified your firearms.

The VCDL email didn’t say HB961 would be voted on, just that Friday is the last chance for it to get out of committee this year. They want people to show up just in case they try something.

Given the comments of Lewis and the vote of Deeds and Petersen in committee today, I don’t think HB961 could get through the senate right now, even if they rammed it through the House, again completely opposite from your shtick, since you claimed the GOP would vote for it to.

Go jump off a bridge, clown.
View Quote
So what you're saying is we have absolutely nothing to worry about? That we can just sit back and take it easy now? Maybe you and I could kick it back on a lawn chair and pop open a can of brew and sit back and laugh about how unserious everything is? That you would rather see me jump off a bridge and fall to my death than go to this committee because you're so sure there's no way it's going to pass?
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 11:26:46 PM EDT
[#12]
You two need to stop
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 9:27:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm beginning to wonder if AWB's aren't going to come on a local level for a while. They are basically unenfrocable or a recipe for open defiance and violence in places like rural Va, when you mix in local sheriffs who won't enforce in those areas.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HOUSE PATRONS

Betsy B. Carr

Eileen Filler-Corn

Patrick A. Hope

Kaye Kory

Mark H. Levine

Alfonso H. Lopez

Marcus B. Simon
Replying to your post out of order, but I don’t think rural counties will be pursuing local bans. Cities like Alexandria I could very much see going for a ban as bad or worse than SB16 or HB961.

If that does happen, I see it as very enforceable, based on the RFL likely passing. No need for the cops to do any leg work to find gun owners....our woke neighbors will call us in anonymously.

With that in mind, I wonder what the charge would be for refusing to open a locked gun safe? Not a fire locker you could open with an angle grinder, but a no joke 800lb Fort Knox.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 11:05:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Of possible interest.  There are signs of some lack of support for Northam's/Levine's AWB.  Good.  Maybe common sense will prevail.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

“The background check bill applies only to commercial transfers and concealed weapons permit holders are exempt.
I don’t see that exemption, am I missing something?

SB70
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 4:05:25 PM EDT
[#15]
This is the letter I emailed out this morning to everyone in the GA (changed "Delegate" to "Senator" per audience):

Attachment Attached File

GA Contact List
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 5:12:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don't see that exemption, am I missing something?

SB70
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"The background check bill applies only to commercial transfers and concealed weapons permit holders are exempt."
I don't see that exemption, am I missing something?

SB70
You are not. Lewis fucked up what he was saying. Probably meant the 1 HG per month bill with CC being exempt, just like the old law. The house bill didn't include the CC carve out. UBC's will be for every firearm purchase.
God I hate fucking democrats, but I fucking hate the shit ass lazy fucking Va GOP more for being in bed with them.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 8:48:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You are not. Lewis fucked up what he was saying. Probably meant the 1 HG per month bill with CC being exempt, just like the old law. The house bill didn't include the CC carve out. UBC's will be for every firearm purchase.
God I hate fucking democrats, but I fucking hate the shit ass lazy fucking Va GOP more for being in bed with them.
View Quote
The only thing positive I see about the ubc, is that there is no serial number required for the check.

That makes sense, becaue the dealer would need to log it in his bound book. This is not a federal check, so no 4473. I'm assuming it will only be the vsp from, which I think doesn't even have a serial number spot?

Either way it looks like a max of 17.00 (15 plus 2) and no serial number.

It's bullshit, and an inconvenience, which is uneforcable among friends, but a registry it isn't, which probably would have gotten the law struck down under FOPA.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 10:36:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Just a question, really.

Are FTF transfers legal in states bordering Virginia? I know that FTF transfers of handguns are illegal in MD, but what about WV, KY, TN, and NC? How about long guns being transferred FTF in MD?

I'm close enough to WV that I could easily drive there in 10 minutes, and once over the border "do the deal". As long as I was not transferring a gun to a non-resident of VA, it looks to me as if such a transfer would be entirely legal as far as the GCA-68 was concerned.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 10:58:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 7:31:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 11:37:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

To rephrase the question: can two Virginia residents go to West Virginia (for example) and complete the face to face sales there?  That's a great question.  Generally, laws in the home state must be adhered to.
View Quote
18 USC 922(a)(3)

It shall be unlawful—

(3)for any person, other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to transport into or receive in the State where he resides . . . any firearm purchased or otherwise obtained by such person outside that State, except that this paragraph
(A) shall not preclude any person who lawfully acquires a firearm by bequest or intestate succession in a State other than his State of residence from transporting the firearm into or receiving it in that State, if it is lawful for such person to purchase or possess such firearm in that State,
(B) shall not apply to the transportation or receipt of a firearm obtained in conformity with subsection (b)(3) of this section, and
(C) shall not apply to the transportation of any firearm acquired in any State prior to the effective date of this chapter;

The elements are:

It is unlawful for:
Any person (other than a licensed importer, manufacturer, dealer or collector)
Transport into OR
Receive
In the State where he resides
Any firearm
Purchased OR
Otherwise obtained
By such person
Outside that State.

Then 3 exceptions.

You are a person, and you are transporting a firearm into Virginia from West Virginia, a firearm, that was purchased (or obtained) outside of Virginia. So it looks like you meet all of the elements there. The question is do you meet an exception:

A doesn't apply because this isn't a bequest or intestate succession.
B Is the rifle/shotgun gun exception that applies to a licensed dealer, manufacturer, collector and importer (read (b)(3) for details)
C Only applies for transactions prior to June 19, 1968.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 12:02:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 8:18:53 PM EDT
[#23]
I mean, who's going to enforce it?

Let's say to VA residents go to NC or WV and do this.

It's not a violation of nc law.

It's not a violation of WV law.

And WV / nc LEOs don't enforce VA law.

Hell I'd do it just to fuck with them.

I say on July 4 we all show up on the state house lawn and play circus juggler with a bunch of ar lowers, toss them around like a game of hot potato and walk off. That would be hilarious.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 9:57:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I say on July 4 we all show up on the state house lawn and play circus juggler with a bunch of ar lowers, toss them around like a game of hot potato and walk off. That would be hilarious.
View Quote
Here's something of interest: https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-10-25/california-law-enforcement-gun-shows-nevada

I doubt local VA LE will enforce these laws as strongly unless there is a crime happening then it will be charges on top of whatever crime that happened.

However, I think VA state police will be the main driving factor behind enforcing these cross-state type enforcements. They can make up whatever fancy reason to conduct a "probable cause" search of your car, and get you with whatever they find.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 9:44:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Didn't Coonman ask for funding of a Va State police gun task force? This TF won't be going after gangbanger Jamal, they will be going after John Q employed, pays taxes, Public who takes his AR out a couple of times a year or wants to sell a gun he no longer wants.
They can't enforce it, but they can rape the ever loving shit (Lt Gov Fairfax loves him some rape) out of a few normal Virginians to scare the rest.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 3:29:15 PM EDT
[#26]
HB961 is now on the agenda for tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 3:41:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
HB961 is now on the agenda for tomorrow.
View Quote
I'll be curious to see if they pass it out of committee, shouldn't be an issue passing it through the full House.  They don't currently have the votes in the Senate and it's not clear that the Governor or the Leadership over there are willing to use the carrot and stick to change that.  If they are it shouldn't be that hard, it's not many votes that would need to change.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 3:57:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Didn't Coonman ask for funding of a Va State police gun task force? This TF won't be going after gangbanger Jamal, they will be going after John Q employed, pays taxes, Public who takes his AR out a couple of times a year or wants to sell a gun he no longer wants.
They can't enforce it, but they can rape the ever loving shit (Lt Gov Fairfax loves him some rape) out of a few normal Virginians to scare the rest.
View Quote
Yes, he did. An expansion and realignment of duties to the Sex Offender Registry compliance troopers. 18 new slots, IIRC, all sworn personnel.

I expect (if the law passes and the unit is expanded) that it will only be the beginning: we'll see true believer troopers recruited directly to that unit, and they'll add special agent slots, an intel section, maybe even their own tac team, making them much less dependent on the rest of VSP (who on the individual level are VERY much in our corner, despite what you hear).
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 4:54:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yes, he did. An expansion and realignment of duties to the Sex Offender Registry compliance troopers. 18 new slots, IIRC, all sworn personnel.

I expect (if the law passes and the unit is expanded) that it will only be the beginning: we'll see true believer troopers recruited directly to that unit, and they'll add special agent slots, an intel section, maybe even their own tac team, making them much less dependent on the rest of VSP (who on the individual level are VERY much in our corner, despite what you hear).
View Quote
just like the Cali State Police task force that visits folks that are known gun owners charged with domestic violence etc etc,
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 5:04:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's right, I remember now, we gun owners are no better than sex offenders.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 6:10:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Feel free to copy and paste etc. The email I just sent to the VA Delgates and VA Senators. Please contact every single one. Especially Senator Deeds,
and Senator Petersen These senators hold the power to stop the monstrosity that is HB961. Otherwise millions of us become felons.

As law abiding gun owner and Virginia resident. l'm asking you to oppose HB961 if you have the chance to vote on it. Please don't make millions of Virginia's felons for smiply owing a firearm that was purchased lawfully and legally under current law. Also included in HB961 is "high capacity" magazines and silencers. Most modern firearms come with magazines that over 10 rounds. Is it fair to turn millions of Virginia's into felons for owning inanimate objects such as magazines that came with firearms that are legal under current law or purchased individually? Silencers are highly regulated and require a extensive Federal background check to obtain. The last estimates put over 50,000 silencers in private hands in Virginia. These are already highly regulated and registered with the Federal Government. Are we going to make felons out these people as well for the actions of one man in Virginia Beach? As I'm sure you're aware of the Virginia Beach police chief noted that none of the things proposed and HB961 would have to stopped this horrible event. So why are we going to punish millions of Virginians for the action of one deranged individual? I agree something must be done to combat gun violence in our society. But punishing innocent law-abiding citizens is not the answer.  As stated in DC versus Heller you "cannot ban guns in common usage". As there are millions of AK 47s and AR-15s along with an unknown number of what this bill would consider high capacity magazines, they would by a reasonable person be deemed common usage.
Also as stated in the Firearms Owners Protection Act Federal code 18 U.S.C. 926  clearly states that a registry outside of the NFA registry is prohibited. I urge you to stand with millions of Virginia law abiding citizens to oppose the monstrosity the HB961. Law abiding citizens and the General assembly can work together to find solutions to solving problems by not punishing millions of Virginia by turning us into felons.

Thank you for you time.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 7:13:48 PM EDT
[#32]
So who will be there tomorrow morning?
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 8:21:36 PM EDT
[#33]
https://bearingarms.com/cam-e/2020/02/06/va-dems-gun-ban-bill-support/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Word is they're changing it from 10 rounds to 12 for some damn reason and dropping tye registration requirement.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 9:36:19 PM EDT
[#34]
I already sent an email yesterday to my reps from VCDL's email. You can find it here: https://us20.campaign-archive.com/?u=b28f1d9ea359b104b09836c4c&id=ad0fcfe740 if you want to send an email to your rep.

Also, I believe they are voting for this bill tomorrow morning. I don't know if they are going to "hearing" it or if it is an actual vote. According to VCDL it is up for VOTE tomorrow to get it out of committee. This is it guys the moment of truth to see if all the protests and emails are actually going to go through. Here's the full email if you didn't get it....

As we warned a few days ago, HB 961, which bans "assault weapons", larger-capacity magazines, suppressors, and more, is up for a committee vote on Friday, February 7, at 8 am.  

WE NEED TO STOP HB 961 AND THE OTHER FOUR GUN-CONTROL BILLS FROM MOVING FORWARD:

HB 264, removes getting CHP training from an NRA certified instructor!  This will make finding training to get a CHP almost impossible and it will be expensive!  It also bans online classes.

HB 600, requires those running family day-homes to lock up their guns, unloaded, with the ammunition locked up separately.  Not even a CHP holder can have a loaded, concealed handgun on their person!  Another "gun-free zone" that endangers everyone in that home.

HB 1288, takes away gun rights for various MISDEMEANORS.

HB 1499, creates the Virginia Gun Violence Intervention and Prevention Fund.  Apparently the only violence that matters is violence that deals with guns.

ACTION ITEM:  This is in a big meeting room - let's fill it up!

General Assembly Building
House Committee Room
900 E Main St.
Richmond, VA 23219

(After passing through the metal detections, make an immediate left and go straight back, past the guard desk and through the glass doors.  The meeting room will be on your right.  Look for someone handing out GSL stickers.)

Firearms and other weapons are currently prohibited in the General Assembly Building.  Folding knives with a metal blade that is less than 3-inches long are allowed.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 9:44:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
I think the big thing is that it is mostly propaganda. The article I linked doesn't make much sense to me and it sounds like they are leaving important details out of the story to make it sound like someone tried to trick the system and got caught and warning people don't do it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 9:45:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
https://bearingarms.com/cam-e/2020/02/06/va-dems-gun-ban-bill-support/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Word is they're changing it from 10 rounds to 12 for some damn reason and dropping tye registration requirement.
View Quote
10 is an arbitrary number, but 12? what the fuck is that.
Also, if they drop the registration, what does that mean? all shit is banned as of July 1st, fuck you turn them in or no new sales, keep what you got?
Either way Fuck them. Fuck them right and proper in their asses.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 9:56:03 AM EDT
[#37]
If they pass legislation to ban suppressors, I'm going to want compensation for my $1200 KAC NT4.  There's no point in taking it out of state if I can't use it IN MY STATE.

Keeping my eye on today's activity.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 9:59:58 AM EDT
[#38]
The idiocy abounds in this meeting.  I have heard more derp here than I can believe
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 10:13:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Most unwilling and uneducated people as delegates... it's so sad. They simply made up their minds already long ago and the meeting was just a show.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 11:39:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Just reported out of committee.
2020 Session - HB961

HB 961 Assault firearms, certain firearm magazines, etc.; prohibiting sale, transport, etc., penalties.

02/07/20  House: Reported from Public Safety with substitute (12-Y 9-N)
YEAS--Hope, Bourne, Plum, Kory, Lopez, Rasoul, Price, Levine, Carroll Foy, Helmer, Simonds, Jenkins--12.

NAYS--Wright, Robinson, Wilt, Fariss, Rush, Davis, Campbell, R.R., Coyner, Batten--9.

ABSTENTIONS--Cole, J.G.--1.

NOT VOTING--0.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 11:53:35 AM EDT
[#41]
I do take note that Cole abstained.

The most reachable delegates on the Democrat side of the House are:

Roslyn Tyler (HD-75) (she voted no on almost all of the anti-gun stuff).
Lee Carter (HD-50) (He voted no on four anti-gun bills, which really, really surprised me).
David Bulova (HD-37) (He voted no on HB421).

I would also put Josh Cole (HD-28) on this list due to the abstention in committee, and comments that he has made about "bans" in general.

If we could convince these 4 to vote "no" on the floor, that takes us to 49 if all of the GOP vote against it.

We would need 1 more.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 2:56:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
You two need to stop
View Quote
Go to the pit.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:45:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
2020 Session - HB961

HB 961 Assault firearms, certain firearm magazines, etc.; prohibiting sale, transport, etc., penalties.

YEAS--Hope, Bourne, Plum, Kory, Lopez, Rasoul, Price, Levine, Carroll Foy, Helmer, Simonds, Jenkins--12.

NAYS--Wright, Robinson, Wilt, Fariss, Rush, Davis, Campbell, R.R., Coyner, Batten--9.

NOT VOTING--0.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
2020 Session - HB961

NOT VOTING--0.
Okay I read the bill and in no place it actually says current owners are "grandfathered." Instead the way the bill is written is that it says 18.2-308.9 is that it....

It is unlawful for any person to import, sell, transfer, manufacture, or purchase an assault firearm, provided that a person may transfer an assault firearm to another person if
In the original bill it says in the same section:

It is unlawful for any person to import, sell, transfer, manufacture, purchase, possess, or transport an assault firearm.
So basically the way it is written is that you can have a firearm, you just can't import, sell, transfer, manufacture, or purchase an assault firearm.

Interesting wording. They are basically leaving out the word "possess" from the items. I'm guessing if this bill passes as is, it's going to create confusion with the LEO who may incorrectly arrest people.

Consider this... if you say, "I built this rifle..." the LE could interpret it as you "manufacture" an assault firearm. Since the law never mentions a date cutoff, you're essentially violating the law.

Also, if you have two uppers, you decide to swap one out at the range, you could be "manufacturing" an assault firearm. Or even simple maintenance like putting in a new bolt carrier or getting a new trigger for your lower. Would a stripped lower be illegal too?
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 9:29:59 AM EDT
[#44]
I have emailed my Delegate John McGuire and also emailed Nick Freitas and Democrat Creigh Deeds who could be a swing vote if it makes it to the Senate floor. I am also thinking about emailing House speaker Filler-Corn and referencing her carjacking and being much more direct but still respectful.

I wonder how deep Virginias pockets are as the Magazine ban will not be upheld in court. Last year Californias was not upheld. I expect lawsuits and injunctions.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/03/30/california-judge-high-capacity-gun-ammunition-magazines/3318916002/?fbclid=IwAR0fhg2Uy0yoUAEAnHySi0tDq8COo0sJtYKTix-CAu5_sUbJWtM3KqBP1NY
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:18:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Consider this... if you say, "I built this rifle..." the LE could interpret it as you "manufacture" an assault firearm. Since the law never mentions a date cutoff, you're essentially violating the law.

Also, if you have two uppers, you decide to swap one out at the range, you could be "manufacturing" an assault firearm. Or even simple maintenance like putting in a new bolt carrier or getting a new trigger for your lower. Would a stripped lower be illegal too?
View Quote
I think you can just say I purchased this rifle(s) when you picked up your lower from the dealer (if you are asked this question, you might already be in some kind of trouble/issue with the LEO).

I also think you are overthinking this since having two upper for one lower is not manufacturing anything. Same as putting a BCG or trigger are not manufacturing "Assault Rifle"

Any lower receiver purchase after the ban will be illegal (if this bill becomes a law).
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:19:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Not true.

A fixed stock, non threaded non PG (or bullet button) rifle would technically be legal. For an AR anyway. Those can be made for a lower, and thus, a lower should still be legal as it is in NY, etc.

Not that I give a fuck anyway.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:25:00 PM EDT
[#47]
If passed as written, does this bill allow guns owned prior to passing to be sent out of state for repair or warranty issues?
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 7:51:19 PM EDT
[#48]
I’m reading that this bill had it’s second reading today but not clear as to the outcome. Anyone know what happened today with 961
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 7:54:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 8:05:19 PM EDT
[#50]
It was amended on the floor by Helmer. The only change was to make possession of a “large capacity magazine” a Class One Misdemeanor instead of a felony. Importing, Selling, Transferring, Purchasing or Transporting would still be a Class 6 Felony.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top