Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2002 8:50:43 AM EDT
Hey guys, I never checked the "Hometown" forums, or I would have posted this before.

I'm in Ricmond, work in Mechanicsville at De Goff's Firearms, and shoot IDPA at Cavalier Rifle and Pistol the last sunday of every month.  We alternate having a Tactical Rifle and Tactical Shotgun side match every month.  The January match should be rifle.

Anyway, thought I'd give a shout.

Link Posted: 12/29/2002 1:36:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have to be a member to shoot in a match?

Is this the range out near Oilville where they shoot the GSSF match?

Link Posted: 12/29/2002 1:52:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes that's the club, and no, you don't have to be a member to shoot a match there.  I'm not a member, and the majority of the guys who shoot out there on the last Sunday for IDPA aren't either, I don't think.

Stop on by in January!
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 3:22:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome Templar , Nice store you work at.

Glad you found us here.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 5:18:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you by chance sell AR Lowers at your gun store?

Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:00:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the welcome.

I'm mainly an AK, FAL, M1A, HK kind of guy, but I'm also an AR guy too.

SKSBoy, we don't sell lowers, but we will handle transfers for you for $25.00, so if for instance you want something from Gunsmoke Ent., call them up, buy it, and have it shipped to us.  Just let me know that you did it and that you have a receiver coming.

Link Posted: 12/30/2002 7:53:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I am plannig to go to the show next weekend at the showplace. Where is De Goff's Firearms located?

I stop by and look around.

Link Posted: 12/30/2002 9:41:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Would a transfer cost $25.00 regardless of the amount I order? For example 1 receiver cost $25 and 10 receivers would still be just $25?

When I order the receivers, since they are FFL items, don't I need to give them your FFL number?

And one last question, would it be okay if I ordered say 2 receivers (just an example) then when I came to get them I bought one, and a friend of mine bought the other? I know there's something called "straw purchase" or something, I just wouldnt want to show up trying to do something illegal.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 4:28:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Ummm... Templar.  Could you shoot me an e-mail with your phone number.  I have a few questions about this shoot.  Sunday's work very well for me and my girl friend lives down in Richmond.  I'd LOVE to get out for a tactical shoot but want to get an idea of what is involved.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 5:03:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Ummm... Templar.  Could you shoot me an e-mail with your phone number.  I have a few questions about this shoot.  Sunday's work very well for me and my girl friend lives down in Richmond.  I'd LOVE to get out for a tactical shoot but want to get an idea of what is involved.

[email protected]

Ditto

I have that 2003 match dates if anyone needs them. Shoot me a e-mail.

Link Posted: 12/30/2002 6:23:41 PM EDT
[#10]
PVFD, I'll actually have a table at the Showplace show on the 11th and 12th, helping a buddy move some personal items, unrelated to the shop.

De Goff's is located right up the street from the Showplace.  Starting at the Showplace parking lot, you want to take a left onto Rt. 360 East.  You will cross Laburnum Avenue, it's a large intersection, and continue on Rt. 360 East.  You will pass the Chickahominy Battlefield Park on your right hand side, and go down a hill where the speed limit changes to 55 mph.  You will then cross a stretch of flat land, which looks like a swamp but is the Chickahominy River.  Get in the left hand lane.  

The left hand lane turns into a left turn lane at the first light you hit, with a sign saying "Welcome to Mechanicsville" on the left, right in front of a windmill which is actually a Wachovia bank.  Take that left, and De Goff's is actually up about 2/3rds of a block on the opposite side from the Wachovia bank.  

It takes longer to give the directions than it does to drive them, De Goff's is only about 4 or 5 miles away from the Showplace, and very close to the I295/Rt360 interchange.

De Goff's phone is 1-800-362-3029.  If you call, ask for Tim (me) and I will be glad to talk with you.  I won't be there Saturday the 11th though, I'll be at the show myself.

As far as transfers, it is $25.00 for each item.  We have no problems receiving multiple recievers for you and a buddy though, so yeah, you can order two from someplace and have them sent to us, and each of you can fill out the paperwork and get one.  If you are getting something from Gunsmoke Enterprises, they already have our FFL on file, just let me know what you want to do before you do it.

We will not handle a transfer for a firearm that we already sell new at the shop though, that would be cutting our own throats.  Call me if you have any questions.

Emails sent on the match........
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 10:19:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for all the info, i'll keep you guys in mind for future purchases.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top